OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1784, 1785, 1786 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
I really don't think KAT is available.

Me either unless the Wolves get a deal they can't refuse.

So he's available then.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
I really don't think KAT is available.

Me either unless the Wolves get a deal they can't refuse.

So he's available then.

I am of the mindset most players except your truly elite players (LeBron, KD, Harden etc.) can be gotten for the right offer.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

The Wolves would be nuts to trade KAT, but if they are actually dumb enough to make him available, we have to at least make a phone call.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Ok folks, like 10 pages on KAT who is not even available and won''t be traded....Especially to the Lakers.

Can we move onto other players now?
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Wolves would be nuts to trade KAT, but if they are actually dumb enough to make him available, we have to at least make a phone call.

I’m hoping San Antonio makes a phone call to MIN to discuss a KAT- Kawhi swap.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Ok folks, like 10 pages on KAT who is not even available and won''t be traded....Especially to the Lakers.

He makes sense for us for a lot of reasons but we probably dont have the pieces that Minnesota would want for him. They already have two wing players that are similar to Ingram in Butler and Wiggins. I know Thibbs loves Hart, but thats not going to even get us close to what other teams can offer. Then if you propose a three way trade, you wonder why Minny dont just deal directly with that third team. This would be ideal because we could use an established star on a cheap contract to start building. But unfortunately, its probably unlikely.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

He makes sense for us for a lot of reasons but we probably dont have the pieces that Minnesota would want for him. They already have two wing players that are similar to Ingram in Butler and Wiggins. I know Thibbs loves Hart, but thats not going to even get us close to what other teams can offer. Then if you propose a three way trade, you wonder why Minny dont just deal directly with that third team. This would be ideal because we could use an established star on a cheap contract to start building. But unfortunately, its probably unlikely.

Would they be interested in Ball?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

We probably attach Hart, 2019 1st, 2019 Bulls 2nd and 5.2 million cash to dump Deng. We would then have the likes of Randle, Ingram, Kuzma and#25 as trade bait to get something done at the deadline. If not, thats a good deep team. But hopefully thats enough to get Lebron to sign.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
We probably attach Hart, 2019 1st, 2019 Bulls 2nd and 5.2 million cash to dump Deng. We would then have the likes of Randle, Ingram, Kuzma and#25 as trade bait to get something done at the deadline. If not, thats a good deep team. But hopefully thats enough to get Lebron to sign.

How much cash can we ship in a trade? Does that count against the cap?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
scoobs wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Would they be interested in Ball?
You know what? He is a good defender and Teague is kind of a mediocre point guard, so yeah he seems like somebody Thibbs would be interested in, granted they get some better floor spacers because three point shooting isnt Butler and Wiggens forte and they wouldnt have Towns any more to do that if hes gone.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
scoobs wrote:

5.2 million is the max we could ship out and it doesnt affect the cap in any way, negative or positive.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

But we cant use the cash for another 12 months to my understanding.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
scoobs wrote:

5.2 million is the max we could ship out and it doesnt affect the cap in any way, negative or positive.

would suck to see Hart go but I'd be okay with it if it means getting rid of Deng and keep BI and Kuzma.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
scoobs wrote:

would suck to see Hart go but I'd be okay with it if it means getting rid of Deng and keep BI and Kuzma.
Heck yeah, I wanted the Lakers to trade for Danny Green a long time ago, now we have a better version of him in Hart. I dont recall us ever having a straight up 3 and D player since maybe the 3 peat era with people like Rick Fox. Hart is 3 and D and then some. I would really hate to part with him too, but you have to give up something to get something. Imo, I dont think there is a team out there that will just absorb Deng for draft picks, not until the end of the free agency period anyway.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

I think Hart would be getting rid of someone like Ariza... he will be a solid vet for many years but BI or Kuzma are the kind you really might regret in three to five years.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I think Hart would be getting rid of someone like Ariza... he will be a solid vet for many years but BI or Kuzma are the kind you really might regret in three to five years.

I think Ariza would have extended our window a few years.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I think Ariza would have extended our window a few years.

I still like Ariza... I'm just saying the damage won't be catastrophic.
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

I would be very much against this trade unless Lebron has already committed to joining the Lakers.

Last edited by Jsthornton7 on Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Thats right Ariza. He was developing, but i dont recall him having an established 3 point shot until he went to Washington. As a rookie 4 year college player, Hart led the Lakers last year in three point shooting at a hair under 40%! Granted, Ariza just played one year of college though.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I don’t think he makes much sense for us. He hasn’t shown himself to be a guy who gets you over the hump. Unless you just want anyone who made an allstar team.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Jsthornton7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

I would be very much against this trade unless Lebron has already comitted to joining the Lakers.
Yeah, it would be a gamble. But maybe Laker management would do it to make sure they have the necessary cap space available on day one of free agency. When you think about it, you want to be ready to have Lebron/PG sign on the dotted line, not try to make a trade at the last minute. Then you only have a 3 day window to match on Randle, so maybe you could lock him in for less money before that. You also have to consider weather teams that were willing to make trades before free agency, dont want to any more, then we wouldbe SOL. Other factors too that im un aware of that only those in the NBA circle know about.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I don’t think he makes much sense for us. He hasn’t shown himself to be a guy who gets you over the hump. Unless you just want anyone who made an allstar team.
I hear you, but hes still a 25-12 stretch 5, maybe the type of player Lebron would want to play with? Who knows?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

KAT is not a free agent..

Aren't we talking free agents here?

Once again, still looking for an article that says he's available for trades?

Nonsense....

It's like saying Anthony Davis is available when we all know he's not.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Thats right Ariza. He was developing, but i dont recall him having an established 3 point shot until he went to Washington. As a rookie 4 year college player, Hart led the Lakers last year in three point shooting at a hair under 40%! Granted, Ariza just played one year of college though.

Trevor was money in the postseason though from 3 back in 09
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

I would be very much against this trade unless Lebron has already comitted to joining the Lakers.
Yeah, it would be a gamble. But maybe Laker management would do it to make sure they have the necessary cap space available on day one of free agency. When you think about it, you want to be ready to have Lebron/PG sign on the dotted line, not try to make a trade at the last minute. Then you only have a 3 day window to match on Randle, so maybe you could lock him in for less money before that. You also have to consider weather teams that were willing to make trades before free agency, dont want to any more, then we wouldbe SOL. Other factors too that im un aware of that only those in the NBA circle know about.

I guess what I mean was you could always have a trade lined up, like in the case with Russell and if he says yes we could pull the trigger. I think it’s like 7 days before contracts can be finalized anyways.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1784, 1785, 1786 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1785 of 2680
Jump to: