OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1816, 1817, 1818 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I'm chilling with a nice cigar and whiskey listening to Simmons and Lowe passive aggressively discuss the Lakers - "I can see them striking out and making a panic trade for Westbrook" - and my competitive juices are flowing.

(bleep) Simmons and the Celtics. I want this Lebron/George/Randle off-season, and I want Simmons to choke on his bile on his free agency podcast in two months. I want Magic to take his victory lap on every damn ESPN segment available and I want the league to be put back on notice that the Los Angeles Lakers are coming to (bleep) their (bleep) up.

I can see a total moron like Bill Simmons saying this...but Zach Lowe, come on. You're better than this.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

^not when it comes to the Celtics (or the Lakers). Lowe bleeds Green through and through, no matter how often he tries to deny it.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I'm chilling with a nice cigar and whiskey listening to Simmons and Lowe passive aggressively discuss the Lakers - "I can see them striking out and making a panic trade for Westbrook" - and my competitive juices are flowing.

(bleep) Simmons and the Celtics. I want this Lebron/George/Randle off-season, and I want Simmons to choke on his bile on his free agency podcast in two months. I want Magic to take his victory lap on every damn ESPN segment available and I want the league to be put back on notice that the Los Angeles Lakers are coming to (bleep) their (bleep) up.

I can see a total moron like Bill Simmons saying this...but Zach Lowe, come on. You're better than this.

Lowe was Celtic fanboy as well. I stopped listening to their 1st podcast from a week back
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
^not when it comes to the Celtics (or the Lakers). Lowe bleeds Green through and through, no matter how often he tries to deny it.

I think Lowe does a pretty good job divesting his inborn fan interests. He's been a big fan of Julius Randle for years. He's spoken well of Josh Hart, something you can only do if you've watched a bunch of Laker games. But thinking the Lakers would just toss half their core away to get Westbrook--when they've surely watched the joyless oncourt product in OKC--and just shrug and consign themselves to purgatory for the next 5 years is baffling. Again, a moron like Simmons can "see that," but Zach Lowe i expect better from.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I think Lowe does a pretty good job divesting his inborn fan interests. He's been a big fan of Julius Randle for years. He's spoken well of Josh Hart, something you can only do if you've watched a bunch of Laker games. But thinking the Lakers would just toss half their core away to get Westbrook--when they've surely watched the joyless oncourt product in OKC--and just shrug and consign themselves to purgatory for the next 5 years is baffling. Again, a moron like Simmons can "see that," but Zach Lowe i expect better from.

Randle fan for years? No

He came through since last summer and since then he is Randle fan
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

He's always been a little snide about the Lakers. maybe his coverage of Kobe made me view his work a bit more askance than you - always seemed to be so tonally different from the rest of his work, far more intentionally pointed. I have noticed his positive coverage of Randle and hart, fair. But, like I said, I've accustomed myself to him having some wonky opinions about the Lakers.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Randle fan for years? No

He came through since last summer and since then he is Randle fan

He's been positive on Randle since we drafted him. Was one of the few national commentators to devote article space to Randle's rookie* campaign and noted his potential, particularly defensively.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

He's always been a little snide about the Lakers. maybe his coverage of Kobe made me view his work a bit more askance than you - always seemed to be so tonally different from the rest of his work, far more intentionally pointed. I have noticed his positive coverage of Randle and hart, fair. But, like I said, I've accustomed myself to him having some wonky opinions about the Lakers.

Ya I agree with this
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Alright, y'all have convinced me. I guess I'm okay with trading two late first rounders so we can keep Randle.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Warriors are vulnerable. Will be next year and the years after that too. They are mortal. They’re also very good but not 5 more years’ worth of dynasty good.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Warriors are vulnerable. Will be next year and the years after that too. They are mortal. They’re also very good but not 5 more years’ worth of dynasty good.

That tough, active, switching small ball defense last night really got to them.

Hmmmm.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Lowe is really deferential to Simmons on Simmons' podcast.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Nothing made me more happy as I watched Simmons typing out a story as confetti rained down on his keyboard during game 7...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

They are v beatable next year and after that.

No team can to championship year after year. Takes a lot of toll physical and mentally
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Dang. Warriors now down 3-2. Whoa.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

defense wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
If the goal is keeping Randle after adding Lebron and PG, it makes no sense to trade #25 and Hart to do so.

Much better to trade 2019 and 2021 1sts to dump Deng, and keep Hart and #25 as part of the core. The addition of Lebron and PG puts us in win now mode. You want as much young talent around those guys now.

Hart is already a proven NBA contributor. You don’t throw him away to replace him with a guy who may or may not work out in 2021.

And it’s better to bring #25 into the program now. You want that player to start developing as soon as possible. If things go well, he could be a contributor in year 1. You want to maximize the amount of young talent on the team now, as opposed to bringing in rookies next year and in 2021.

Ya, as much as I'd like to keep Randle, I'm not giving up on Hart this quickly.

In fact, it's not even "giving up", it's more like "giving away". The guy can play. We need more guys like him, not one less.

I agree
Don't trade away young 2 way players

Like Randle who the OP is discarding?
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

How do you guys think our FO values our core? Here is my guess (From most valued to not that most valued):

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma or Randle
Randle or Kuzma
Hart
25th pick
Bryant
Zubac
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

They've been here before.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But CP3 looks like he pulled his hamstring.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It depends on the moves they make.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Nothing made me more happy as I watched Simmons typing out a story as confetti rained down on his keyboard during game 7...

We desperately need GT to develop a multimedia empire to flush out the Simmons Celtics homerism from mainstream media.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes, possibly with Iggy back and Paul out.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Better for us if Rockets go to the finals, takes them out of the LeBron sweepstakes I think.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes, possibly with Iggy back and Paul out.

Most likely 2 game 7s for the conf finals.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Better for us if Rockets go to the finals, takes them out of the LeBron sweepstakes I think.

How so?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1816, 1817, 1818 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1817 of 2680
Jump to: