OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1822, 1823, 1824 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What about these free agents?

scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kobe1got wrote:
Why everybody only talking about big name free agents (PG, LeBron James and DeMarcus Cousins)?
What about these free agents?

1. Joe Harris
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Mario Hezonja
4. Avery Bradley
5. Will Barton
6. Fred VanVleet
7. Jerami Grant
8. Trevor Ariza
9. Nerlens Noel

Other than Ariza, most of those players are still considered young and really haven't made huge money in their careers.

In many of the offseason scenarios discussed here, the FO is going to have to be careful with the moves and spending to get everything to fall into place. There would be a Room Exception to use and mostly minimum salary contracts for the non primary free agent signings.

It will be difficult for the FO to convince players looking to build their bank accounts to sign for cheap.

I like Ariza and Tyreke would probably be a good acquisition

Joe Harris is definitely a guy we need to look at signing. Curious to see how much he gets a year.
I wanted to trade Clarkson for him during the season.

I guess in hindsight we could have asked for him in the Russell deal lol
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Exactly this list does nothing to change my desire to have him back.

I wonder how many 5s on that list can switch defensively and do grab and go...

And create their own shot.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Would it be possible to sign PG13, Ariza, Cappela, and Randle?
SmoothSmoke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
posted this on PG13 thread, but just in case u guys were interested in OKC reporters....

https://clutchpoints.com/thunder-rumors-paul-george-agent-tells-news-anchor-hell-re-sign-with-thunder/

Dude is a hack. He was wrong with KD. Not buying it.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2016/06/27/dean-blevins-inside-sources-say-kevin-durant-is-going-to-sign-a-five-year-deal/
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

He'd be a dummy to resign with OKC.. Either that or his agent isn't on the job.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

At any rate, PG's agent is doing a great job covering up potential tampering and making it look like PG didn't decide to be a Laker until he had his first legal meeting with Magic.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
At any rate, PG's agent is doing a great job covering up potential tampering and making it look like PG didn't decide to be a Laker until he had his first legal meeting with Magic.

That very well might be the case..
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

SmoothSmoke wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
posted this on PG13 thread, but just in case u guys were interested in OKC reporters....

https://clutchpoints.com/thunder-rumors-paul-george-agent-tells-news-anchor-hell-re-sign-with-thunder/

Dude is a hack. He was wrong with KD. Not buying it.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2016/06/27/dean-blevins-inside-sources-say-kevin-durant-is-going-to-sign-a-five-year-deal/

I went a Thunder forum, and they said that guy makes up stuff all the time.

Quote:
I worked with Dean for years, and the guy is generally full of (bleep). More than once, he reported something coming from a “source” that was actually just a rumor he heard someone talking about in the newsroom. So his “source” was a coworker who never claimed to actually know anything. I wouldn’t trust information reported by Dean.
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Haha yup. That I can believe.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What about these free agents?

Jsthornton7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kobe1got wrote:
Why everybody only talking about big name free agents (PG, LeBron James and DeMarcus Cousins)?

1. Joe Harris
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Mario Hezonja
4. Avery Bradley
5. Will Barton
6. Fred VanVleet
7. Jerami Grant
8. Trevor Ariza
9. Nerlens Noel

Other than Ariza, most of those players are still considered young and really haven't made huge money in their careers.

In many of the offseason scenarios discussed here, the FO is going to have to be careful with the moves and spending to get everything to fall into place. There would be a Room Exception to use and mostly minimum salary contracts for the non primary free agent signings.

It will be difficult for the FO to convince players looking to build their bank accounts to sign for cheap.

Joe Harris is definitely a guy we need to look at signing. Curious to see how much he gets a year.

yup. But there was a window earlier in the season where we maybe could of swapped Clarkson for Harris. BKN had a surplus of wing players and probably didn't really know what they had in Harris at that point. Russell was banged up, they needed a PG and they had cap space to spare. Brooklyn also had an expiring in Booker that they could of went out way for Randle or Nance. I like of like the Cavs trade better though, but we need to resign Randle to make it more worth while.
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What about these free agents?

scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kobe1got wrote:

1. Joe Harris
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Mario Hezonja
4. Avery Bradley
5. Will Barton
6. Fred VanVleet
7. Jerami Grant
8. Trevor Ariza
9. Nerlens Noel

yup. But there was a window earlier in the season where we maybe could of swapped Clarkson for Harris. BKN had a surplus of wing players and probably didn't really know what they had in Harris at that point. Russell was banged up, they needed a PG and they had cap space to spare. Brooklyn also had an expiring in Booker that they could of went out way for Randle or Nance. I like of like the Cavs trade better though, but we need to resign Randle to make it more worth while.

Yeah one maybe undermentioned plus to the Nance deal is the fact that next season we most likely would have had to pay Nance as well and as much as I like him I like the opportunity to sign another max guy better.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What about these free agents?

Jsthornton7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kobe1got wrote:

1. Joe Harris
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Mario Hezonja
4. Avery Bradley
5. Will Barton
6. Fred VanVleet
7. Jerami Grant
8. Trevor Ariza
9. Nerlens Noel

Yeah one maybe undermentioned plus to the Nance deal is the fact that next season we most likely would have had to pay Nance as well and as much as I like him I like the opportunity to sign another max guy better.
yeah, and his contract would of been one of those dreaded mediocre contracts for a mediocre players. I think we need to try to stay away from those type of contracts.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

We're trying to win a championship.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What about these free agents?

scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kobe1got wrote:

1. Joe Harris
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Mario Hezonja
4. Avery Bradley
5. Will Barton
6. Fred VanVleet
7. Jerami Grant
8. Trevor Ariza
9. Nerlens Noel

The Lakers would've had to attach a draft asset.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Hehe.
I'd hope that if we sign Randle, that we would get a big who can stretch the floor as opposed to Clint
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Hehe.
I'd hope that if we sign Randle, that we would get a big who can stretch the floor as opposed to Clint

This is the problem with Randle... it's like hiring a night watchman with narcolepsy. You not only have to pay for his salary... you have to pay for someone to make sure he doesn't fall asleep.

So whenever you calculate his salary... always prorate some of the cost we must pay to keep a stretch 5 next to him at all times.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Hehe.

This is the problem with Randle... it's like hiring a night watchman with narcolepsy. You not only have to pay for his salary... you have to pay for someone to make sure he doesn't fall asleep.

So whenever you calculate his salary... always prorate some of the cost we must pay to keep a stretch 5 next to him at all times.

Or you could play a stretch four next to him, like you would with a lot of centers you like.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Yeah....I still think the Rockets want LeBron. Just an assumption.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Hehe.

Or you could play a stretch four next to him, like you would with a lot of centers you like.

I haven't said not to sign him... I've said take into account his shooting and don't overpay him or give up assets for him.

The sentimental part of me wants to keep him, because he's been a Laker a long time and I like the kid.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Yeah....I still think the Rockets want LeBron. Just an assumption.

Would be a good balance.
LeBron never gets hurt. And cp3 always does.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What about these free agents?

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kobe1got wrote:

1. Joe Harris
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Mario Hezonja
4. Avery Bradley
5. Will Barton
6. Fred VanVleet
7. Jerami Grant
8. Trevor Ariza
9. Nerlens Noel

The Lakers would've had to attach a draft asset.
Possibly. If thats the case, the Cavs deal was definitely a better deal. We kind of got lucky on that one because the Cavs were desperate.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Saw a wild rumor today:

Lonzo Ball, Luol Deng and a draft pick for Damian Lillard.

OMG, don't post wild rumors. Liliard is not available.. people just report crap for clicks.

That particular rumor may be nonsense, but so is the idea that Dame is unavailable. Something is going to happen in PDX.

Dame wants another meeting with Paul Allen. Word was after they got bounced by the Pels that he might push to be traded.

I’m guessing CJ won’t be a Blazer next year.

I’ll be surprised if both Dame and CJ are on the team next year.

I’m guessing CJ won’t be a Blazer next year
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:

Mintz is probably just putting these rumors out there to get a big offer from another team for Randle that the Lakers will have to match. The mans job is to make his clients as much money as possible. PG getting a max is a foregone conclusion so getting Randle as much as he can is the focus.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Saw a wild rumor today:

Lonzo Ball, Luol Deng and a draft pick for Damian Lillard.

OMG, don't post wild rumors. Liliard is not available.. people just report crap for clicks.

That particular rumor may be nonsense, but so is the idea that Dame is unavailable. Something is going to happen in PDX.

Dame wants another meeting with Paul Allen. Word was after they got bounced by the Pels that he might push to be traded.

I’m guessing CJ won’t be a Blazer next year.

I’ll be surprised if both Dame and CJ are on the team next year.

I’m guessing CJ won’t be a Blazer next year

I think he's the more likely one to get moved, but if Dame tells Paul Allen "Trade me", things will get very interesting, and there was speculation after their last meeting that if things didn't go well this postseason, that was exactly what Dame might do.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

NBA free agents: The Class of 2018

Players scheduled to become free agents on July 1:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-sp-miami-heat-nba-free-agents-s20180521-story.html
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1822, 1823, 1824 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1823 of 2680
Jump to: