OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
Lebron's not coming with Boogie or with George.

Lebron's only coming if you get both, or some combination of two other superstars.

(which I think is possible but that's not really the point here)

So I’ll bite: Who are you willing to sacrifice? Has to be one of Ingram or Ball.

Which one?
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
davidse wrote:

Lebron's only coming if you get both, or some combination of two other superstars.

So I’ll bite: Who are you willing to sacrifice? Has to be one of Ingram or Ball.

Which one?

I don't need to sacrifice.
If Lebron chooses the Lakers' scenario - he will sacrifice $, or he'll get the other two to sacrifice with him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:
only player to come with Boogie that can control his behavior is LeBron I dont want passive PG13 and his agent that turned the Lakers in on the tampering because he was butthurt about the DLO comments after the trade

Who you want doesn’t matter, it comes down to who you can beg to come to a lottery level team.

That's funny, because they were a lottery team last season, and they didn't have to beg Paul George to tell the Pacers, he was signing with the Lakers when he became a FA in 2018.

Paul George who is a Thunder?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
davidse wrote:

Which one?

It would take almost everyone for that to work.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:
only player to come with Boogie that can control his behavior is LeBron I dont want passive PG13 and his agent that turned the Lakers in on the tampering because he was butthurt about the DLO comments after the trade

Who you want doesn’t matter, it comes down to who you can beg to come to a lottery level team.

That's funny, because they were a lottery team last season, and they didn't have to beg Paul George to tell the Pacers, he was signing with the Lakers when he became a FA in 2018.

Yeah, Paul George who had no control over where he was being traded to, and was traded for peanuts because everyone took his wish to be a Laker VERY seriously...
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

I believe LeBron would come with only 1 of PG13 or DMC if you still have Randle/Kuzma/Ingram/Ball left. And can maybe get Lopez to resign for the room exception (or a long shot here, Bosh? if he's ever able to get cleared)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

the only way to sign 3 guys is for those 3 guys to take a major paycut. LeBron is not the guy to do that and IMO neither will be Boogie or PG.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I believe LeBron would come with only 1 of PG13 or DMC if you still have Randle/Kuzma/Ingram/Ball left. And can maybe get Lopez to resign for the room exception (or a long shot here, Bosh? if he's ever able to get cleared)

I just don't see it.
He's not coming for a 2nd rd exit or he'll stay in the east.

If he decides to become a Laker, he will do what it takes to make 3 superstars happen.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yeah, Paul George who had no control over where he was being traded to, and was traded for peanuts because everyone took his wish to be a Laker VERY seriously...

And was upset that the Lakers didn’t make an offer for him? He got what he wanted, we were Kendall Gilled once again.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
the only way to sign 3 guys is for those 3 guys to take a major paycut. LeBron is not the guy to do that and IMO neither will be Boogie or PG.

Lebron is exactly the guy to do that, and so is PG.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Why would we waste the room on Lopez? I am sure Lebron has a buddy for that exception. D Wade?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
2019 wrote:

Lebron who is pissed he can’t make $50 mil a season? There are dreams and there is pure fantasy.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

davidse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
davidse wrote:

Which one?

If Lebron chooses the Lakers' scenario - he will sacrifice $, or he'll get the other two to sacrifice with him.

Indeed. I could see that. Couldn’t keep Randle too though, right? So Randle would be the sacrifice.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davidse wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I just don't see it.
He's not coming for a 2nd rd exit or he'll stay in the east.

If he decides to become a Laker, he will do what it takes to make 3 superstars happen.

I think LeBron would be able to win with the team below

Lopez/Randle
LeBron
Kuzma/Ingram
PG13/Hart
Ball

*dependent on how much growth Ball/Ingram/Kuzma shows throughout the season.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:

And was upset that the Lakers didn’t make an offer for him? He got what he wanted, we were Kendall Gilled once again.

Nope. pure fantasy. where's the quote of him being upset ?

He's not coming here to enjoy the weather, and he's not upset we didn't give up pieces that will help us win when he does get here.
It was all probably discussed between him and Magic already.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:

You Johnny Gill us everyday with your sweet, soulful wisdom! 😜
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:

He's not coming here to enjoy the weather, and he's not upset we didn't give up pieces that will help us win when he does get here.

In an interview with Woj, straight out of PG’s mouth.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
2019 wrote:

Lebron who is pissed he can’t make $50 mil a season? There are dreams and there is pure fantasy.

Lebron who knows he stands to make much much more than that if he becomes a Laker.

He will never take a KD type of paycut to allow the owner to save on tax.
But he will do it if it's necessary to give HIMSELF the best possible chance of winning combined with the iconic stature that comes with $$$ compensation of being a superstar on the Lakers rather on the Cavs or Sixers.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
davidse wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
davidse wrote:

Which one?

Indeed. I could see that. Couldn’t keep Randle too though, right? So Randle would be the sacrifice.

At that point - more like an afterthought than a sacrifice, but yes, although there are even some options about that...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Are we doing this again? I thought you finally admitted PG didn't say that or say he was upset.

And the Lakers did make an offer of Jules/JC for PG13. Pacers were hell bent on not acceding to PG13's wishes to join the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
2019 wrote:

Lebron who knows he stands to make much much more than that if he becomes a Laker.

He will never take a KD type of paycut to allow the owner to save on tax.
But he will do it if it's necessary to give HIMSELF the best possible chance of winning combined with the iconic stature that comes with $$$ compensation of being a superstar on the Lakers rather on the Cavs or Sixers.

He never has, but dream on. Lebron is a global superstar if he plays on the Lakers or if he plays on the Clippers. That is the 1990’s thinking that I am afraid our FO believes.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Why would we waste the room on Lopez? I am sure Lebron has a buddy for that exception. D Wade?

I'm for BPA with the room exception. If the 2 options are DWade/Lopez, Lopez is the BPA. Wade can come for vets min if he wanted to back up PG13
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Are we doing this again? I thought you finally admitted PG didn't say that or say he was upset.

And the Lakers did make an offer of Jules/JC for PG13. Pacers were hell bent on not acceding to PG13's wishes to join the Lakers.

Listen to the interview and make your own decisions. The only place an offer was made for PG was here in LG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Listen to the interview and make your own decisions. The only place an offer was made for PG was here in LG.

People here did listen to the WOJ interview and nowhere did he say that. You're literally making this up which is ironic b/c you're chastising others for "making things up."
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

*crickets*
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 198 of 2680
Jump to: