OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1972, 1973, 1974 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
how do you know Spurs dont want him? you have an uncle working there?

Because they like system players, not me first type players.

And as I've already said, they don't need a third point guard no matter how badly you want them to have one for your benefit.

they cant play with 2 at the same time? Mills cant be a spot up shooter next to one of Murray/IT? IT and Murray cant be on the court at the same time? was Aldridge a "system player" when they got him? is he one even now?

so basically, youre just making assumptions like myself here. fact of the matter is, Spurs (probably) are losing 2 backcourt players on major minutes, and have what, 1-2 million in cap space? they made the playoffs without Kawhi, and only way they get better/make up for the loss of 2 major figures like Parker/Ginobili for this coming season is to get something useful for KL. they could also go rebuilding mode but would that be a proper way to send Pop into retirement? they are also chasing the all time most consecutive playoffs appearances record, which is why my guess would be they keep Popovich for 2 more seasons and try to build competitive teams for him, before he retires and they then go rebuilding

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Kupchak should repent for his sins and take Deng off of our hands.

imagine Jordan helping James create a superteam to chase his GOAT status lol

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
In one year, Luol Deng becomes an expiring contract, then his contract becomes a positive asset.

Only if you take back an overpaid unwanted long term deal for him...

With the cap increase ending contracts don’t have the value that they used to. It would still be Deng plus draft picks.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Kupchak should repent for his sins and take Deng off of our hands.

He is waiting till July 1st to contact and see if someone will sign with his club 1st
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
In one year, Luol Deng becomes an expiring contract, then his contract becomes a positive asset.

With the cap increase ending contracts don’t have the value that they used to. It would still be Deng plus draft picks.

Not to mention there are quite a few large/unwanted contracts around the league that will expire at the same time due to stupid front offices giving out those huge deals during the 2016 offseason. Deng's contract will still be a negative no matter when they trade him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Question for those that want the LeBron and Paul George situation to happen... Let's assume that we stretch Luol Deng... Is it feasible that if we land LeBron James for his max which is 35 million that we would be able to convince Paul George to take 25 million a year instead of 30 million a year. Which would essentially fit us within the cap such as the same way it would if they were both making 30 million.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Think the number one thing is to try and unload Deng with just 2 first rounders.....maybe add Zubac if need be. We need to keep Randle as well as entice PG13 and LBJ.

If during the year we are able to trade for Leonard, we can use Randle's salary with Ingram or Kuz to make the deal.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Kenneth Faried is a perfect example of that. He has 1 year left at less than Deng makes and the Nuggets are shopping him with a pick. Deng wouldn't be a positive asset
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Question for those that want the LeBron and Paul George situation to happen... Let's assume that we stretch Luol Deng... Is it feasible that if we land LeBron James for his max which is 35 million that we would be able to convince Paul George to take 25 million a year instead of 30 million a year. Which would essentially fit us within the cap such as the same way it would if they were both making 30 million.

its not about PG taking less. its about deng's stretched number on the cap for 5years.

add 2 st & get rid of him
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Depends on your definition of “feasible”. If you mean doable or remotely possible, sure, it’s feasible.

Pretty sure he’d need to take a 7 million dollar haircut though, not just five, but I could be wrong.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
davidse wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Yup, how positive of an asset is Kenneth Faried's contract right now?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

where did this whole haircut = paycut thing come from?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

I’m guessing it morphed from the words “shave” and “trim”.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

to accomodate randle
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

And as I've already said, they don't need a third point guard no matter how badly you want them to have one for your benefit.

they cant play with 2 at the same time? Mills cant be a spot up shooter next to one of Murray/IT? IT and Murray cant be on the court at the same time? was Aldridge a "system player" when they got him? is he one even now?

so basically, youre just making assumptions like myself here. fact of the matter is, Spurs (probably) are losing 2 backcourt players on major minutes, and have what, 1-2 million in cap space? they made the playoffs without Kawhi, and only way they get better/make up for the loss of 2 major figures like Parker/Ginobili for this coming season is to get something useful for KL. they could also go rebuilding mode but would that be a proper way to send Pop into retirement? they are also chasing the all time most consecutive playoffs appearances record, which is why my guess would be they keep Popovich for 2 more seasons and try to build competitive teams for him, before he retires and they then go rebuilding

You might want to try selling them on a wing player, since you’re taking a fairly vital one off their hands rather than trying to sell them on playing two undersized point guards at the same time.

I mean, unless the goal is just to get the Spurs FO to laugh uncontrollably, then go ahead and make the argument they should want IT for Kawhi.

Last edited by ringfinger on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
LFAN4LIFE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Just thought I should share this, this is just a rumor floating around twitter. Hes not a reporter just someone that might have seen this. Take this with a HUGE grain of salt.

Quote:
Alex De Santiago
@Lilsolo_1993
11m11 minutes ago
More
Jeanie Buss was seen having lunch with Lebron a couple days ago in New York.
#nbanews #LeBronJames #lakers
DMAULS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

LFAN4LIFE wrote:
Just thought I should share this, this is just a rumor floating around twitter. Hes not a reporter just someone that might have seen this. Take this with a HUGE grain of salt.

Quote:
Alex De Santiago
@Lilsolo_1993
11m11 minutes ago
More

Uh, yeah.. I feel like this is the most massive tampering fine on the planet waiting to happen. So big the NBA wouldn't allow us to sign LBJ.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

If that happened, it’s pretty foolish and we are in trouble.

I doubt Jeanie would do this. Sounds like someone trying to get attention.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

LFAN4LIFE wrote:

Quote:
Alex De Santiago
@Lilsolo_1993
11m11 minutes ago
More

LeSigh...... Lol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

That’s literally tampering lol. She’s not stupid to do that
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
If that happened, it’s pretty foolish and we are in trouble.

I doubt Jeanie would do this. Sounds like someone trying to get attention.

This. These ppl come out week offseason with lies to get attention androgen theor Twittwr followers up.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

LFAN4LIFE wrote:

Quote:
Alex De Santiago
@Lilsolo_1993
11m11 minutes ago
More

I'm not buying it. I can't imagine Jeanie and LeBron being that sloppy and carefree, especially with the Lakers already having the biggest tampering bullseye on their back than any NBA team in recent memory.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I call BS on that Jeanie/Lebron story. If they wanted to meet up, they’d have done it secretly.

This sounds more like someone who saw that they were both in NY and decided to make a fake news tweet for attention.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

You might want to try selling them on a wing player, since you’re taking a fairly vital one off their hands rather than trying to sell them on playing two undersized point guards at the same time.

I mean, unless the goal is just to get the Spurs FO to laugh uncontrollably, then go ahead and make the argument they should want IT for Kawhi.

they made the playoffs with said wing out for the season. but this time around, they lose 2 important backcourt players. think of it what you will.

and your assumption is they laugh at us if we offer that, cool, but dont talk as if you know what they want please. because you dont

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

DMAULS wrote:
LFAN4LIFE wrote:

Quote:
Alex De Santiago
@Lilsolo_1993
11m11 minutes ago
More

Uh, yeah.. I feel like this is the most massive tampering fine on the planet waiting to happen. So big the NBA wouldn't allow us to sign LBJ.

Yeah Jeannie isn't that dumb. Those pics would've leaked as soon as it happened. BS rumor.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1972, 1973, 1974 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1973 of 2680
Jump to: