OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1989, 1990, 1991 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Here2Party wrote:
Just decided to hop in here because this was the year I was born.

User name checks out
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Here2Party wrote:
Just decided to hop in here because this was the year I was born.

Happy birthyear
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Woj: Lakers never made a serious offer to Indy last summer because they thought PG would just walk to them this summer. Now there's a serious chance that PG stays in OKC.

And y'all were laughing at me for posting that George said he was disappointed that the Lakers didn't make an effort to trade for him.

To be fair we laugh at almost everything you post.

Being wrong must make you guys the cool kids.

If being wrong made someone a cool kid, you’d be LG’s James Dean.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Woj: Lakers never made a serious offer to Indy last summer because they thought PG would just walk to them this summer. Now there's a serious chance that PG stays in OKC.

And y'all were laughing at me for posting that George said he was disappointed that the Lakers didn't make an effort to trade for him.

Lol. U guys are wild
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
sogood. wrote:

Lol. U guys are wild

@ this entire exchange..
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Knock it off. Or I will.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

With the likely look of our new Big 3. We are going to need some knock down shooters. What are the chances of us bringing back The Machine?
Jon Lovitz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me miles davis.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Jon Lovitz wrote:
If peeing your pants is cool, consider me miles davis.

I was thinking this quote the ENTIRE time lol!

I think there's gonna be major leaks on draft night as these teams jockey for relevancy and reporters dig for information from front offices.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
sogood. wrote:

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know whether George made any public indications that he would have signed an extension if we were to trade for him last year. If he never gave any guarantees, he could do a dwight howard and leave after a year, especially since our team would still have been bad this season with him as the sole superstar and probably without ingram. To give up ingram on a cost controlled contract for george would definitely not be worth it, unless george was willing to commit to at least 4 years with us.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

We're at a fever pitch of speculation, guesses and just plain fabricated news. I wouldn't worry about any of this stuff until July 1. Like somebody else said this "news" Woj just broke is a direct contradiction of what he reported last year. It's ESPN drumming up news where there is none.

Focus on the draft, that's actually just round the corner.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Any chance we look at UFA Joe Harris this summer ?

Shot very well for the Nets and will definitely get a green light to shoot in Lukes system.

He hasn't made that much in his career, so signing for the veteran minimum seems unlikely.

hey Bard, do you perhaps know what would the cap hold for Paul George be if he opted into his final year and became an expiring in 2019 FA?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject:

It's 150% of his previous salary, which would be $20,500,000 if he opted in.

$30,750,000 per http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q37
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Any chance we look at UFA Joe Harris this summer ?

Shot very well for the Nets and will definitely get a green light to shoot in Lukes system.

He hasn't made that much in his career, so signing for the veteran minimum seems unlikely.

hey Bard, do you perhaps know what would the cap hold for Paul George be if he opted into his final year and became an expiring in 2019 FA?

I use the numbers from Basketball Insiders for future cap holds.

Oklahoma City Thunder Team Salary

Then scroll to the bottom for the cap holds.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:
With the likely look of our new Big 3. We are going to need some knock down shooters. What are the chances of us bringing back The Machine?

About the same chances as Pringles himself suiting up and performing a post move in a game.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
sogood. wrote:

I think people (including nyself) only questioned it because there doesn't appear to be any record of it. Not an article, video clip, audio, or anything. I've looked for it in the past when you brought it up but never found any trace of it. It's confusing because that seems like the sort of thing that would've been a pretty big headline.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
How much is it going to take to get Mario Hezonja? I might be willing to let Randle walk and giving Mario Hezonja that money. I think he started to turn the corner last season and is ready to explode this season.

Maybe the Room Exception as the floor with the non - taxpayer MLE as the ceiling.

$4.45 million to $8.6 million.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject:

Put me down for Hezonja too. He's breaking out next season and he'd fit what we do like a glove.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
sogood. wrote:

I think people (including nyself) only questioned it because there doesn't appear to be any record of it. Not an article, video clip, audio, or anything. I've looked for it in the past when you brought it up but never found any trace of it. It's confusing because that seems like the sort of thing that would've been a pretty big headline.

If George can’t see the logic behind

- let’s not give up assets for a player who has a desire to come here and can do so on his own in 7 months. That way when he gets here our team will be stonger when he arrives.

Then I don’t know what to tell you. If that’s the excuse he’d like to use so that he can be the beta in OKC that’s fine, but long term that team isn’t getting any better. The reality is that he was never that set on coming here in the first place if he does that. Maybe not trading for him will allow us to have the assets to trade for a better player like Kahwi? It’s fine...if he wants to spend the rest of his career watching WB shoot 30 shots a game with a weak supporting cast, have at it buddy.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

Its a good thing some were not in our FO. The biggest mistake the FO would have made is trading for PG. Mad Props to our FO for not getting duped. If PG wants to come aboard, great. If not, full speed ahead. There are a many paths available to us to continue our climb.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
sogood. wrote:

I’m still waiting for a link to be posted with George saying that. Who else has seen this?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Knock it off. Or I will.

Respectfully, why does ventura keep getting away with (bleep)? He was proved wrong a couple of days ago when he said a trade of Ball/BI/Kuz/Hart for Kawhi wouldn't work. He was proven incorrect and never acknowledge it. The he posts (bleep) like the post being ridiculed. Deservingly so imo.

Oh and people are still waiting for him to provide a link to his story. The story he has been repeating for months now without a source.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
sogood. wrote:

Yeah. We listened to the WOJ interview and PG13 did not say what VLF intimated. If he's willing to say it's his own extrapolation, fair enough. But PG13 has never said he was upset at the Lakers, especially b/c it looks like he's poised to join the makings of a superteam and be one of the faces of the Lakers (and gets to go home).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Its a good thing some were not in our FO. The biggest mistake the FO would have made is trading for PG. Mad Props to our FO for not getting duped. If PG wants to come aboard, great. If not, full speed ahead. There are a many paths available to us to continue our climb.

It's pretty evident (based on tampering) that Maginka knew that PG13 was coming here in 2018. Otherwise if they truly believed it was the first and last chance to get him, they would have probably traded for him.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are doing things the right the only reason I can see for moving a number of our core young guys is for a 3 All Star attack which I think is not very likely.

I actually like the position we are in....land 1 to 3 all stars...great

Keep the young team + randle also great we'll just keep ascending
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1989, 1990, 1991 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1990 of 2680
Jump to: