OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1997, 1998, 1999 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

No Cousins. No. NO.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
No Cousins. No. NO.

Everyone is talking about George, Leonard and Lebron. Cousins must be like what about me? I'm a superstar too...

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Also in other news, Elfrid Payton has not only cut his hair, he's also working with Amoila

So therefore by the unwritten rules of the playground. He is now our #1 UFA Target
connseanery
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
teams looking to dump contracts with higher picks

#4, Memphis - Parsons
#15, Washington Wizards - Gortat

who else?

#14, Denver - Faried
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
The Lakers should think very hard about Faried and Gortat for the 14th and 15th pick.

There would still be room for two max player in 2019 and we would have the assets to go after almost any player.

Man that would be so tempting. With our scouting staff we could draft two all stars with those picks.

Anyways, our plan is to get two maxes this year and by the time we would know if both guys are not coming then it would be too late and the picks would already be selected.

Last edited by chantruong on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

even looking at Boogie would make me lose all faith in Magic and Pelinka. Career ending injury, you don't even dial his number.
Stupid thought....totally.

He may not play until Feb?
He may never be the same again.

Plus he's an idiot malcontent. Do we want that here? Yuck.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

The draft day trade I want the Lakers to make:

Deng + #25 + $3.5m cash to Atlanta for Plumlee & #34.

Atlanta takes on about $8m more in long-term money to move up 9 spots in the draft. They probably can convince Deng to give up some money in a buy-out too.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
No Cousins. No. NO. :bdead:

Everyone is talking about George, Leonard and Lebron. Cousins must be like what about me? I'm a superstar too...

:lol:

Cousins must be like can I walk without a crutch yet?

Seriously, he's just been ok'd to get on a treadmill. He's got a long ways to go before doing basketball-related activities, and then a long way after that to getting back to basketball. His concern should be getting back on an NBA court, not superstardom.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
defense wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
No Cousins. No. NO.

Cousins must be like can I walk without a crutch yet?

Seriously, he's just been ok'd to get on a treadmill. He's got a long ways to go before doing basketball-related activities, and then a long way after that to getting back to basketball. His concern should be getting back on an NBA court, not superstardom.

Donyou know how the recovery process works and time frame to come back? He will be a full go by training camp sometime. Takes around 8 months and he is right on or ahead of schedule.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

It's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears here when it comes to injury

IT... he is TOO small to heal properly

Boogie... he is TOO big to heal properly

Kawhi... he is the perfect size so he will be fine

I understand anyone who is worried about all three injuries.

I understand anyone who is not worried about any of the injuries.

But those who pick and choose... unless you are an experienced orthopedist who has examined all three... I give absolutely no weight to your arguments here.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

The first superstar is the big key.

Would take the first of PG or LeBron because don't have to give up assets for them. Offter them the maximum and pull out the red carpet.
Unless Kawhi signs an extension WOULD NOT trade for him. Don't get too arrogant Magic and Pelinka. You are on the right path with the present team and have pulled the Lakers out of the bottom.

But Ingram should be untouchable. He will be at least an all star by the time he is done. Lonzo can be but he has to learn to shoot. He might be like that guy who averages 15 assets a game
is it Rondo but they play him to shoot.
Kuzma is like a top 5 player gotten at 28. So the scouting is there right now. Give them a chance.

Another big key is to sign Randle, but at market price. Don't overpay have to go through another Mosgov/Deng.
Would sign Lopez, KCP, and IT at reasonable prices also.

Make the playoffs and can sign Kawhi because he really would want to come instead of posturing.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

But those who pick and choose... unless you are an experienced orthopedist who has examined all three... I give absolutely no weight to your arguments here.

Not really

IT literally too small to defend anybody and need ball in his hands. Nothing to do with his injury. U want him as backup while he has said million times: forget about it

Cousins- literally the worst injury a pro can get. Need at least all next season to become average player. Also k own as a guy who didn't care about weight
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

IT had a one hit wonder type season. He didn’t have a history of all star play before then so it’s pretty reasonable to expect him not to return to that form. Not to mention his always poor D. At least for me, the injury isn’t even the main reason I don’t want him. I don’t think he’s a very valuable player.

Being too big to recover from a torn Achilles is also extremely reasonable. Especially when the player has a history of laziness. He’s also expecting a max contract. No thanks.

Kawhi had no structural damage. So it can be expected he returns to full health or close to it. He’s younger than both, better than both pre-injury, and is at a size where he isn’t carrying as much weight while being big enough to afford some loss in foot speed/elevation etc in case that does happen.

Context matters.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Not really

IT literally too small to defend anybody and need ball in his hands. Nothing to do with his injury. U want him as backup while he has said million times: forget about it

Cousins- literally the worst injury a pro can get. Need at least all next season to become average player. Also k own as a guy who didn't care about weight

I get people saying... Kawhi is the most likely to come back... Makes sense... he's in great shape... has enough length to play even if slowed by injury. IT if slowed... will be much less effective because his quickness helps him overcome his lack of size. Boogie, unless he loses weight... may have trouble because of that stress on his tendons.

But this is not what they are saying... they are saying... Trade three or more assets and sign Kawhi to the max. Boogie and IT are now trash.

It's not the difference for me that is the problem... it is that the reactions are disproportionate. It's not... oh Kawhi should be better... I agree with that... it's that Kawhi will be near perfect and Boogie and IT are unusable.
It's possible that this will be so... but there's no way of knowing until we see them play. At least we've seen IT play and although not great it was fine for a reserve. And now he's had surgery so he should be better.

Also IT if signed wouldn't be a number one or two like Kawhi. He'd be a sixth man. You said he wouldn't do it but he has. He may have no choice if no one else offers him a starting job.

LBJ is my first choice... but if we don't get him... IT would be a good backup point if he doesn't come.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Not really

I get people saying... Kawhi is the most likely to come back... Makes sense... he's in great shape... has enough length to play even if slowed by injury. IT if slowed... will be much less effective because his quickness helps him overcome his lack of size. Boogie, unless he loses weight... may have trouble because of that stress on his tendons.

But this is not what they are saying... they are saying... Trade three or more assets and sign Kawhi to the max. Boogie and IT are now trash.

It's not the difference for me that is the problem... it is that the reactions are disproportionate. It's not... oh Kawhi should be better... I agree with that... it's that Kawhi will be near perfect and Boogie and IT are unusable.
It's possible that this will be so... but there's no way of knowing until we see them play. At least we've seen IT play and although not great it was fine for a reserve. And now he's had surgery so he should be better.

Also IT if signed wouldn't be a number one or two like Kawhi. He'd be a sixth man. You said he wouldn't do it but he has. He may have no choice if no one else offers him a starting job.

LBJ is my first choice... but if we don't get him... IT would be a good backup point if he doesn't come.

Can you please post some quotes where people are saying cousins/IT won't come back from injuries while Kawhi is most definitely coming back.

Again on IT side, what role he wants to play and what u want out of IT are not in sync at all. Offers or not
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

IT had a one hit wonder type season. He didn’t have a history of all star play before then so it’s pretty reasonable to expect him not to return to that form. Not to mention his always poor D. At least for me, the injury isn’t even the main reason I don’t want him. I don’t think he’s a very valuable player.

Being too big to recover from a torn Achilles is also extremely reasonable. Especially when the player has a history of laziness. He’s also expecting a max contract. No thanks.

Kawhi had no structural damage. So it can be expected he returns to full health or close to it. He’s younger than both, better than both pre-injury, and is at a size where he isn’t carrying as much weight while being big enough to afford some loss in foot speed/elevation etc in case that does happen.

Context matters.

IT has the same number of All Star appearances as Kawhi. Both 2X.

Your one hit wonder narrative makes absolutely no sense because his offensive production mirrors Kawhi's... except it's better.

As you know from the other thread... he averages more points and assists than Kawhi.

And again... I've no problem saying Kawhi is better... I have problem with people thinking Kawhi will have no issues and IT is ruined. We do not know until we see them play. The only way you can have full confidence in Kawhi's condition is if you have inside knowledge that he was lying about his injury and was completely healthy all year. If you believe he's telling the truth... it can be either degenerative or chronic condition.

I also get what you are saying about Boogie... but something tells me even with a walking cast he could run as fast as Lopez. Yet no one has a problem with signing Brook.

PG and LBJ are my first choices but you shouldn't close your mind to signing IT and Boogie for one year rentals if the others won't come. If they are good... you can keep them. If they are poor, you go back to the drawing board and sign Kawhi, Klay, or Jimmy next year.

Completely no risk... unlike trading four assets for Kawhi.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

Would take the first of PG or LeBron because don't have to give up assets for them. Offter them the maximum and pull out the red carpet.
Unless Kawhi signs an extension WOULD NOT trade for him. Don't get too arrogant Magic and Pelinka. You are on the right path with the present team and have pulled the Lakers out of the bottom.

But Ingram should be untouchable. He will be at least an all star by the time he is done. Lonzo can be but he has to learn to shoot. He might be like that guy who averages 15 assets a game
Kuzma is like a top 5 player gotten at 28. So the scouting is there right now. Give them a chance.

Another big key is to sign Randle, but at market price. Don't overpay have to go through another Mosgov/Deng.

Make the playoffs and can sign Kawhi because he really would want to come instead of posturing.

I too hope we keep the core intact and see what we have this year. Add LBJ and PG13. Trade Deng and picks. Keep Julius

Randle is 23 and still improving. He will be nothing like a Moz Deng situation. This is going to be his 4th playing year and I expect him to break into the All star conversation this year.

Also Lonzo can shoot. He’s always been a good shooter and I’ll keep repeating it. From November 11th to March 5th (29 games) he shot 38% from 3. Last year as a freshman at UCLA he shot 41% from 3 over 36 games. He started his rookie year shooting terrible which happens and he hit the rookie wall which also happens.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Every team Cousins has played on in the pros plays better when he leaves or is injured.

Don't need this guy around, we need winners.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Every team Cousins has played on in the pros plays better when he leaves or is injured.

No on Cousins!!! No exceptions.
Who in the heck keeps bringing this guy up. He may never come back to be 1/2 the player he is. Pass on him.
Plus he's been toxic wherever he goes.
We need high IQ, high character guys.

Not this guy...
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Im down for a one year deal for Boogie.

If no Bron, PG or Kawhi I would re-sign Randle, one year deal for Boogie and then bring back IT and maybe even KCP.

Ball / IT
KCP / Hart
Ingram / Huerter or 1st
Randle / Kuzma
Cousins / Bryant
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Who in the heck keeps bringing this guy up. He may never come back to be 1/2 the player he is. Pass on him.

Not this guy...

He wasnt toxic in NO. They loved him.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

Agree with this.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Context matters.

IT has the same number of All Star appearances as Kawhi. Both 2X.

Your one hit wonder narrative makes absolutely no sense because his offensive production mirrors Kawhi's... except it's better.

As you know from the other thread... he averages more points and assists than Kawhi.

And again... I've no problem saying Kawhi is better... I have problem with people thinking Kawhi will have no issues and IT is ruined. We do not know until we see them play. The only way you can have full confidence in Kawhi's condition is if you have inside knowledge that he was lying about his injury and was completely healthy all year. If you believe he's telling the truth... it can be either degenerative or chronic condition.

I also get what you are saying about Boogie... but something tells me even with a walking cast he could run as fast as Lopez. Yet no one has a problem with signing Brook.

PG and LBJ are my first choices but you shouldn't close your mind to signing IT and Boogie for one year rentals if the others won't come. If they are good... you can keep them. If they are poor, you go back to the drawing board and sign Kawhi, Klay, or Jimmy next year.

Completely no risk... unlike trading four assets for Kawhi.

Lol comparing IT to Kawhi on all star basis.

Let's compare all accomplishments if we want to do that
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Not this guy...

Yet they had a better winning percentage after he got injured.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Not this guy...

Yet they had a better winning percentage after he got injured.

Ding.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1997, 1998, 1999 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1998 of 2680
Jump to: