OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2033, 2034, 2035 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Spurs are gonna jerk around with the KL situation then I would much rather go after Lillard and not waste time with a team who doesn’t want to deal with us.

Exactly! Nobody got time for butt hurt teams and there feelings.

In the words of Snoop Dog: ( Don't get mad, your b!t&h chose me)!

I would trade some of our young players for Kawhi because he plays amazing D and when healthy, is a top 5 player in the game. I wouldn’t trade a package of our young guys for either Lillard or McCollum. Neither is good defensively and neither has shown me that they can win. Pass on them.

That is (bleep) if they are paired with PG and Lebron. Look at how badly Curry/Klay were doing in some games while Durant was getting his
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Shams reported that the Lakers reached to the Spurs today, which means it’s possible both sides get a deal done at some point .. before or during the draft.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
NBA radio just said the Lakers reached out last week but The spurs wasn’t listening to offers until today

Ah, that's what you're getting at.
The timing.
Perhaps.

Yes because they wouldn’t talk to the Cavs last week but today they sent out the message that’ll they’re listening to offers because Kawhi told them to their face he wants to be traded.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Joe Arrigo (@joearrigo) Tweeted:
Some sources have told me some VERY INTERESTING tidbits re: the #Lakers this afternoon, confirming (unintentionally) what a close friend told me yesterday evening.

STAY TUNED! https://twitter.com/joearrigo/status/1009908342804791296?s=17
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Some sources have told me some VERY INTERESTING tidbits re: the #Lakers this afternoon, confirming (unintentionally) what a close friend told me yesterday evening.

Why are you following Joe Arrigo?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

After all this nonsense, we better do something other than just use our picks. I'm boycotting LG as a terrible sauces reinforcer if nothing happens

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
32 wrote:

Why are you following Joe Arrigo?

He's a contributor for ESPN Las Vegas.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I wouldn’t trade a package of our young guys for either Lillard or McCollum. Neither is good defensively and neither has shown me that they can win. Pass on them.

I will really never understand this kind of logic. Dudes get 3rd in the west, but they can't win. So only guys who win championships win? Thus you would have been against Shaq in 96 because he couldn't win either?

You are correct, the defensive numbers simply aren't there to support either of those guys being good defenders, but that their team was still 8th ranked defensively indicates that they're not so much of a net drag on defense that their teams are poor defensive teams.

And really, just look at Lillard's clutch shooting numbers again and tell us that he can't win. That's just silliness.

Are either of these guys the best fit? That's a discussion worth having. But claiming they can't win is not a real argument (and lots of guys considered winners by the championships metric have been swept in playoff series, so don't even invoke that...).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I’ve been told Justise Winslow is available in Miami’s trade discussions.

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1009909367490207744
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

too bad he's terrible
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

too bad he's terrible

DLO value, maybe he's paired with Whiteside to go flounder in some lotto team that has the capspace
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
I wouldn’t trade a package of our young guys for either Lillard or McCollum. Neither is good defensively and neither has shown me that they can win. Pass on them.

I will really never understand this kind of logic. Dudes get 3rd in the west, but they can't win. So only guys who win championships win? Thus you would have been against Shaq in 96 because he couldn't win either?

You are correct, the defensive numbers simply aren't there to support either of those guys being good defenders, but that their team was still 8th ranked defensively indicates that they're not so much of a net drag on defense that their teams are poor defensive teams.

And really, just look at Lillard's clutch shooting numbers again and tell us that he can't win. That's just silliness.

Are either of these guys the best fit? That's a discussion worth having. But claiming they can't win is not a real argument (and lots of guys considered winners by the championships metric have been swept in playoff series, so don't even invoke that...).

I'd rather go after Kemba than trade for Lillard. Similar production with half the ego and almost a third of the price.

Dame is good... don't get me wrong... but they needed a buzzer beater to beat us... and I felt like we were right there with them talent wise even without the two elite free agents.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Dammit, if only Boston made that trade in 2016
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

I'd rather go after Kemba than trade for Lillard. Similar production with half the ego and almost a third of the price.

Dame is good... don't get me wrong... but they needed a buzzer beater to beat us... and I felt like we were right there with them talent wise even without the two elite free agents.

A) I don't care about one game. So what if they needed a buzzer beater? They won. But it's also one game.
B) Whether or not our team was right there with the #3 team(that's clearly absurd, but whatever) is besides the point. We're not trading teams, we're talking about single players.
C) If people are complaining about defense, Kemba is even worse than Lillard.
D) I don't really care, I was more arguing about the notion that a guy who's lead teams to the 2nd round and gotten a #3 seed can't win. Clearly he can. But no, he also clearly could not beat the Warriors by himself.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shams reported that the Lakers reached to the Spurs today, which means it’s possible both sides get a deal done at some point .. before or during the draft.

Or after. Or never. All possible.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

I just want to stick to the original plan...Bron and PG. Super happy with that!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

A) I don't care about one game. So what if they needed a buzzer beater? They won. But it's also one game.
B) Whether or not our team was right there with the #3 team(that's clearly absurd, but whatever) is besides the point. We're not trading teams, we're talking about single players.
C) If people are complaining about defense, Kemba is even worse than Lillard.
D) I don't really care, I was more arguing about the notion that a guy who's lead teams to the 2nd round and gotten a #3 seed can't win. Clearly he can. But no, he also clearly could not beat the Warriors by himself.

A. I know it's one game... but we lost by 3, 3, and 5... there was no gulf between our team and their team. This wasn't a case like GSW where they took it easy on us... they were trying and were better... but it felt like there was very little difference.

C. Didn't say Kemba was perfect... said he was better value than Lillard.
If Dame were an FA this year... I'd happily sign him... if PG/LBJ fell through
But if I had to trade... I'd take Kemba because he'd cost way less.

D. Agree. Just think he's pricey... rather go after LBJ/PG/Kawhi for that price.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

Me too
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

This tweet is next level Coach Dave Miller, he was putting out sources last year that Lakers were making a trade re: Paul George.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Me too

+1

#BannersOverBillboards
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

When your fallback plan is Lebron + PG...
KingGioV21
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
When your fallback plan is Lebron + PG...

Feels amazing!
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
32 wrote:

This tweet is next level Coach Dave Miller, he was putting out sources last year that Lakers were making a trade re: Paul George.

What happened to Coach Miller? I haven't seen or heard from/about him for a long time.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
In a related story, the sun came up this morning.

which was in reference to the revelation that the Laker FO did their due diligence to call about KL before being shut down...

To which I now reply to Omar with

Thank You...I needed that. The KL pipe dream talk around here has been over the top.

#BannersOverBillboards
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

I agree. I have posted about it a lot on this board and I find that most people basically hate Kemba because of his defense. Is his defense really that bad? Can it be any worse then the 5-9 IT, who most people on this board seem to love?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2033, 2034, 2035 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2034 of 2680
Jump to: