OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2054, 2055, 2056 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Kind of sucks that the draft came and we were not able to trade Deng. Hopefully we could trade him in a deal for Leonard. I wouldnt rule out the possibility of trading Deng and Ingram to Atlanta for Huerter and Spellman. Huerter is a shooter, who we had interest in and Spellman is a stretch 5 that could protect the rim. Not the greatest return for BI, but at least we would be able to dump Deng!
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Kind of sucks that the draft came and we were not able to trade Deng. Hopefully we could trade him in a deal for Leonard. I wouldnt rule out the possibility of trading Deng and Ingram to Atlanta for Huerter and Spellman. Huerter is a shooter, who we had interest in and Spellman is a stretch 5 that could protect the rim. Not the greatest return for BI, but at least we would be able to dump Deng!

That would be the worst trade ever. Trade a potential all star just to get rid of Deng?
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
June 29th is the date that matters first. That's Lebron's opt in date. If he opts out, good news which means it's most likely between us and the Cavs. Opts in, he's going to Houston.

LeBron is making his decision on his website. It's hard to create drama by opting in.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
scoobs wrote:

That would be the worst trade ever. Trade a potential all star just to get rid of Deng?
The thinking behind such a trade would be to allow us to sign James, George and Randle without having to stretch Deng and cripple our cap for the next 5 years. 7.6 million per year is a lot of money, even with the cap going up a little bit every year. At the same time, we get back two prospects that could help us. Honestly, you can make an argument that Huerter is a better fit than Ingram, because of his shooting.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Dan Patrick and David Alridge already said he’s opting out, the only people who think he’s opting in are Rocket fans.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
scoobs wrote:

The thinking behind such a trade would be to allow us to sign James, George and Randle without having to stretch Deng and cripple our cap for the next 5 years. 7.6 million per year is a lot of money, even with the cap going up a little bit every year. At the same time, we get back two prospects that could help us. Honestly, you can make an argument that Huerter is a better fit than Ingram, because of his shooting.

I rather have James, Randle and BI over losing Ingram for nothing. Huerter is a ?. BI is 20 years old. I wouldn't even trade BI for PG.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Newest news is that Philly is clearing cap space or working to do so.

They are also now a favorite to land Kawhi from San Antonio.

I'd expect tomorrow the story will be "Can Philly land Kawhi and LeBron?" because that's how these flip floppy stuff goes.

Only you thought that LeBron to Philly had a chance. That man isn't moving his family to Philadelphia. He wasn't moving it to Minnesota either .
According to SAS, the wife and family wanted LA, I don't think she would be cool with going to Philly.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Their not trading a guy they think can be a star, so they can save 7.5 million in capspace. They have to pay the tax for 3 years before they're even a repeater tax team.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
] The thinking behind such a trade would be to allow us to sign James, George and Randle without having to stretch Deng and cripple our cap for the next 5 years. 7.6 million per year is a lot of money, even with the cap going up a little bit every year.

If we stretch Deng, his $7.6m will have no impact on our cap...

We would only stretch him if we need the space for 2 max contracts and at that point, we wouldn't have cap-room for the next 5 years anyway.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Houstonites in some serious serious denial.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
scoobs wrote:
] The thinking behind such a trade would be to allow us to sign James, George and Randle without having to stretch Deng and cripple our cap for the next 5 years. 7.6 million per year is a lot of money, even with the cap going up a little bit every year.

We would only stretch him if we need the space for 2 max contracts and at that point, we wouldn't have cap-room for the next 5 years anyway.

Negative, ghost rider.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I'd expect tomorrow the story will be "Can Philly land Kawhi and LeBron?" because that's how these flip floppy stuff goes.

Only you thought that LeBron to Philly had a chance. That man isn't moving his family to Philadelphia. He wasn't moving it to Minnesota either .
According to SAS, the wife and family wanted LA, I don't think she would be cool with going to Philly.

According to SAS Carmelo Anthony was going to the Lakers till he wasn't.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Negative, ghost rider.

The reality of the situation is $7.6 won't impact our ability to sign future FAs because we will be capped out anyway.

It will just push us deeper into the luxury tax.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Lebron is not going to Philly. Don’t be adverse to high expectations.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Negative, ghost rider.

The reality of the situation is $7.6 won't impact our ability to sign future FAs because we will be capped out anyway.

If you were only meaning after this year, perhaps. But having that on the books just for this year absolutely would affect us. For one thing, it automatically means you have to renounce Randle's cap hold, shutting down any chance on his return. For another, it would take away any chance of trading for a 3rd star, because we just don't have enough space to be able to accommodate more salary. In addition, even if we renounced Randle and didn't make a trade, it would take away the ability to use that money on a meaningful player that could help us for this coming season.

I mean, we'd stretch him as a last resort, I'm sure, but I'm guessing that Maginka really don't want to stretch him.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
You guys are scared of Dwight Howard?

I can't wait for him to go to one of those teams and start demanding the ball in the low post and turning it over.

Shaq got into his head. hes trying so hard to be an old school great big man, but guy just lacks the talent to be one. if he adapted to the game and became a pnr center, hed be so much better.

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Dwight will ring chase and join GSW. They signed Nick Young so maybe immaturity doesn't bother them. Their Cs are pretty poor as well.

they had 5 Cs last season, West, Pachulia, McGee, Looney and Bell. only Bell remains under contract and atleast 3 of the rest will leave imo. yeah, they gonna need a center, and Dwight is available now. some other pretty good ones are as well, so maybe they dont go after him after all

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Ok kind of a noob question, why can't Jeanie just cut Deng a check for $36m and banish him to the shadow realm?
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Ok kind of a noob question, why can't Jeanie just cut Deng a check for $36m and banish him to the shadow realm?

That would still get counted against the cap.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Walt paid the two best hitman west of the Mississippi only 200k. to take out Gretchen and Eliot if they didn't give his money to his family.

(Kidding, in case you thought otherwise)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

if free agency comes up snake eyes in regards to star players.....there will be very team friendly deals to be had that could still improve our team next season. Some players that may be in a situation where the money is simply not out there for them this summer....

JJ Redick - Philly picked up three perimeter players that are either good shooters or in theory good shooters in Zhaire Smith, Landry Shamet, and Shake Milton. I doubt they will want to invest significant money into Redick. If not, he will be lucky to get a 2 or 4 year MLE offer in my opinion this summer.

Trevor Ariza - UFA - I think Houston will ultimately bring him back, but if they have to max out Capella....they may just decide to let him exit. He will likely be in a similar situation to Redick if Houston will not pay him.

Tyreke Evans - UFA - The Grizz may use their MLE the keep him....but if they pass, he may be seeking a Room Exception type contract.

Will Barton - UFA - He likely will be looking for a full MLE type offer....but if one does not present itself, he could be forced into very team friendly deal.

Avery Bradley - UFA - I think his time with the Clippers may be ending with the Clippers recent draft. It seems half their roster is now combo guards. He will likely be seeking a full MLE type deal....but it may not be there.

Wayne Ellington - UFA - Miami will have Early Bird Rights, and that should be enough to keep him.....but it will put them very close to the tax.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - UFA - Similar to others. the type of offer he desires will likely not be available. No more $18 Million deals from the Lakers.

Brook Lopez - UFA - Much will depend on what the Lakers plan on doing with the young 5's on the roster. I expect the market to be cool for Lopez.

Rodney Hood - RFA - if he is hanging out on the market, and there is doubt the Cavs are interested in paying him....he would be worth a under market type deal.

Elfrid Payton - RFA - There is some speculation that the Suns do not have much interest and may not start a traditional PG. If he in on the market without an offer, and we still do not have a backup PG.....he is better than Ennis.

Nerlens Noel - UFA - If his market is cool as expected, would provide a true rim protector.

Marco Belinelli - UFA - If the 76'ers do not bring him back, he may be seeking a Room Exception type deal.

I would not want to "punt" more than enough for a single max deal, and if players are obtained on value deals, they will also be solid trade pieces if needed.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Negative, ghost rider.

Not necessarily.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Carmelo wasn't buying 23 million dollar homes in Brentwood, and then renovating that home in May. Carmelo wasn't also making his free agent decision on his website Uninterrupted, you know, to create drama.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
if free agency comes up snake eyes in regards to star players.....there will be very team friendly deals to be had that could still improve our team next season. Some players that may be in a situation where the money is simply not out there for them this summer....

JJ Redick - Philly picked up three perimeter players that are either good shooters or in theory good shooters in Zhaire Smith, Landry Shamet, and Shake Milton. I doubt they will want to invest significant money into Redick. If not, he will be lucky to get a 2 or 4 year MLE offer in my opinion this summer.

Trevor Ariza - UFA - I think Houston will ultimately bring him back, but if they have to max out Capella....they may just decide to let him exit. He will likely be in a similar situation to Redick if Houston will not pay him.

Tyreke Evans - UFA - The Grizz may use their MLE the keep him....but if they pass, he may be seeking a Room Exception type contract.

Will Barton - UFA - He likely will be looking for a full MLE type offer....but if one does not present itself, he could be forced into very team friendly deal.

Avery Bradley - UFA - I think his time with the Clippers may be ending with the Clippers recent draft. It seems half their roster is now combo guards. He will likely be seeking a full MLE type deal....but it may not be there.

Wayne Ellington - UFA - Miami will have Early Bird Rights, and that should be enough to keep him.....but it will put them very close to the tax.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - UFA - Similar to others. the type of offer he desires will likely not be available. No more $18 Million deals from the Lakers.

Brook Lopez - UFA - Much will depend on what the Lakers plan on doing with the young 5's on the roster. I expect the market to be cool for Lopez.

Rodney Hood - RFA - if he is hanging out on the market, and there is doubt the Cavs are interested in paying him....he would be worth a under market type deal.

Elfrid Payton - RFA - There is some speculation that the Suns do not have much interest and may not start a traditional PG. If he in on the market without an offer, and we still do not have a backup PG.....he is better than Ennis.

Nerlens Noel - UFA - If his market is cool as expected, would provide a true rim protector.

Marco Belinelli - UFA - If the 76'ers do not bring him back, he may be seeking a Room Exception type deal.

I would not want to "punt" more than enough for a single max deal, and if players are obtained on value deals, they will also be solid trade pieces if needed.

I don’t really like any of them except for maybe Will Barton. He’s a very decent SG and if we don’t get PG to play SG, I wouldn’t mind at all giving him a smallish 2-3 year deal to play SG with Hart. Oddly enough, I just looked at his twitter

Will Barton
@WillTheThrillB5
·
Jun 22
& I like everything bout big baller brand & what it stands for. Lavar the GOAT!

I don’t like any of the other players, either too old or the young ones have issues (Noel, Bradley)
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rocket fans still have hope that LeBron opts in and joins the Rockets, they even said Harden and CP3 will be at the NBA awards and might push for LeBron to join them.... they are so nai

Lol. I remember a rockets fan feeding us stuff on ho LBJ would get there. Sorry Dreamshake, you had your chance. Team is done. Lake Show if you want to post here.

If you're referring to me, I posted on ways LeBron could get traded there IF he chose to be there. I also said I didn't think he would pick Houston (the hard part).

But hey, maybe you were referring to someone else.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2054, 2055, 2056 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2055 of 2680
Jump to: