OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2062, 2063, 2064 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
32 wrote:
If nobody wanted our #25 pick before the draft I am skeptical we are going to move Deng.

I never saw anything definite about a hard push to move Deng pre draft with assets such as #25.

Yeah, that’s why this Ramona news is a breathe of fresh air, the Lakers are ready to move Deng by the start of FA, I hope Atlanta takes him that team is gonna need some veteran presence, and Deng would be a good mentor for the young Hawks team.

I think Lakers have been telling teams for weeks if not months that they are including those future picks including the 25th for Deng waaaaaay before today.

Doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to just start offering them today, just a week before free agency to move Deng. Especially if you’re in the camp that believes Lakers already know weeks or months in advance that they have 2 stars in the bag.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Why do we need to move Deng? If we kept Deng, then we could just renounce Randle, then we'd still be able to sign Lebron and PG13, right? That means we just have to lose one of our young pieces: either Randle, Lonzo or Ingram. Can't have everything.

It looks like they want the 2 max guys and Randle so thats why they need to move Deng.

that'd be the ideal summer. randle really stepped his game up last season and is probably the most ready of any of young guys to contribute on a winning team.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Why do we need to move Deng? If we kept Deng, then we could just renounce Randle, then we'd still be able to sign Lebron and PG13, right? That means we just have to lose one of our young pieces: either Randle, Lonzo or Ingram. Can't have everything.

No, you can't have Deng's full salary on the books and have enough room for 2 maxes. He would either have to be stretched or traded.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
32 wrote:
If nobody wanted our #25 pick before the draft I am skeptical we are going to move Deng.

I never saw anything definite about a hard push to move Deng pre draft with assets such as #25.

Yeah, that’s why this Ramona news is a breathe of fresh air, the Lakers are ready to move Deng by the start of FA, I hope Atlanta takes him that team is gonna need some veteran presence, and Deng would be a good mentor for the young Hawks team.

I think Lakers have been telling teams for weeks if not months that they are including those future picks including the 25th for Deng waaaaaay before today.

Doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to just start offering them today, just a week before free agency to move Deng. Especially if you’re in the camp that believes Lakers already know they have 2 stars in the bag.

It wouldn’t be shocking if the Lakers upped there efforts to trade Deng.. with 7 days to go until FA, especially knowing how the NBA movement works.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

It looks like they want the 2 max guys and Randle so thats why they need to move Deng.

That's impossible. What's the point of losing either Lonzo or BI in order to keep Randle? Other than our future first rounders we only have our young core as assets and our future first rounders aren't very enticing. The only other way is to convince either Lebron or PG13 to take a discount. I don't know if it's legal or not but hint at Paul George of part time ownership of the Lakers once his playing days are over if he's willing to help us out and take a discount.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Not to be a stickler, but the title says the moratorium ends July 1. The moratorium is actually July 1 - July 6. We are a more educated fan base than most so these things matter .

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q105
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
tnell wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

That's impossible. Other than our future first rounders we only have our young core as assets and our future first rounders aren't very enticing. The only other way is to convince either Lebron or PG13 to take a discount. I don't know if it's legal or not but hint at Paul George of part time ownership of the Lakers once his playing days are over if he's willing to help us out and take a discount.

lakers can afford two max guys if they waive and stretch deng.

now if you want to sign two max guys and keep randle, deng needs to be traded so none of his salary is on the books.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Not to be a stickler, but the title says the moratorium ends July 1. The moratorium is actually July 1 - July 6. We are a more educated fan base than most so these things matter .

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q105

yes. july 1-6 is bascially a period which tampering is legal.

no deals can be signed until july 6

Last edited by Freddie Buckets on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
tnell wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

That's impossible. What's the point of losing either Lonzo or BI in order to keep Randle? Other than our future first rounders we only have our young core as assets and our future first rounders aren't very enticing. The only other way is to convince either Lebron or PG13 to take a discount. I don't know if it's legal or not but hint at Paul George of part time ownership of the Lakers once his playing days are over if he's willing to help us out and take a discount.

Uh I'm pretty sure the team isn't gonna trade Ingram or Zo just to move Deng. I think it'll take a 1st, 2nd, and maybe Hart to entice a team to take Deng's contract.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
32 wrote:

Doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to just start offering them today, just a week before free agency to move Deng. Especially if you’re in the camp that believes Lakers already know weeks or months in advance that they have 2 stars in the bag.

By having the hard push to move Deng post draft, that allowed them to bring in some cheap shooters on bargain contracts in the recent draft.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
tnell wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

That's impossible. Other than our future first rounders we only have our young core as assets and our future first rounders aren't very enticing. The only other way is to convince either Lebron or PG13 to take a discount. I don't know if it's legal or not but hint at Paul George of part time ownership of the Lakers once his playing days are over if he's willing to help us out and take a discount.

lakers can afford two max guys if they waive and stretch deng.

now if you want to sign two max guys and keep randle, deng needs to be traded so none of his salary is on the books.

Have to stretch Deng. We don't need to worry about salary cap once we have Lebron and PG13. By the time BI and Lonzo's rookie contract expire, we could just resign them using bird right.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
If brooklyn can move MOZ for basically two seconds. I'm pretty sure we can move DENG for TWO firsts, maybe a first and a second. The market has been set. Chicago would be perfect. He ends his career there, the fans would welcome him, and they would get two firsts. Win Win.

I agree if that happened....but that is not close to what took place. Brooklyn moved $9 Million of salary for 2 seconds....we need to move over $36 Million....and the Brooklyn 2nds are projected to be high in 2nd Round.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Rather than upping their efforts I think it's them waiting for things to fall into place. I don't think they were going to give up a future 1st (even with 25) without having the agreements in place from at least PG and hopefully LBJ. Otherwise you have another Nash trade if they strike out next year too. Maybe they offered 25 and a heavily protected 1st and nobody bit.

So taking Wagner hedges their bets if they strike out on centers, and hopefully fits a platoon with Randle in most scenarios. Once they get the agreements though the Lakers will have NO issue with giving up the 2020 and 2022 1st if James and George/Paul and Randle are Lakers. I really don't think there was a scenario where the Lakers proactively take the gamble without agreements.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Kanter confirmed that the reports he has decided to opt out are false and that "no decision has been made".
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
32 wrote:

By having the hard push to move Deng post draft, that allowed them to bring in some cheap shooters on bargain contracts in the recent draft.

After searching the entire league, atlanta and chicago are the only two teams that we can make trade without taking contracts back.

If the lakers offering 19's 1st and future 2nd round picks, it's totally different from #25 pick, since there are chances that lakers struck out this summer and the 1st round pick could be around #13 to #17.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Rather than upping their efforts I think it's them waiting for things to fall into place. I don't think they were going to give up a future 1st (even with 25) without having the agreements in place from at least PG and hopefully LBJ. Otherwise you have another Nash trade if they strike out next year too. Maybe they offered 25 and a heavily protected 1st and nobody bit.

So taking Wagner hedges their bets if they strike out on centers, and hopefully fits a platoon with Randle in most scenarios. Once they get the agreements though the Lakers will have NO issue with giving up the 2020 and 2022 1st if James and George/Paul and Randle are Lakers. I really don't think there was a scenario where the Lakers proactively take the gamble without agreements.

Eternal bliss. Nothing else matters
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Fun news about Wilson Chandler opting into his $12M.
Maybe Denver now trades Faried + MPJ
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Faried, MPJ, Mason Plumlee, Millsap, Lyles, Hermangomez, Arthur.
I don't know what is Denver doing. They seem obsessed with big men.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

kobeslaker wrote:
epak wrote:

Faried, MPJ, Mason Plumlee, Millsap, Lyles, Hermangomez, Arthur.
I don't know what is Denver doing. They seem obsessed with big men.

Maybe the need some experienced wingmen
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I think it will be nearly impossible to move Deng without bringing back salary.

The goals is probably trying to reduce the stretched amount by a few million to bring PG13 and Lebron very close to the max and also keep Randle.

Deng for Plumlee - Atlanta takes on $11m, Plumlee stretched $5m a year

Deng for Asik - Chicago takes on $22m, Asik stretched $2.9m a year

Deng for Felicoo - Chicago takes on $12m, Felicio stretched $3.4m a year)

Deng for Zach Randolph (Sacramento takes on $25m, Randolph stretched $3.87)

Deng for Tyson Chandler (Phx takes on $23m, Chandler stretched $4.5m)
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

https://instagram.com/p/BkbDGffl0FO/

Embiid jealous.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
where is everyone seeing ramona saying the lakers are offering picks for deng? there's nothing on her twitter.

Ramona was on SportsCenter a while ago and said it on TV.
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1011068609815121921

She’s denying it I think.

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1011101285469208577?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Legion hoops is a bad source.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Legion hoops is a bad source.

I noticed they deleted their tweet about Ramona saying the Lakers have let known teams picks are available if they take Deng.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
https://instagram.com/p/BkbDGffl0FO/

Embiid jealous.

That same starting five punked his team.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2062, 2063, 2064 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2063 of 2680
Jump to: