OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 230, 231, 232 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
coming back from a meeting listening to NBA Radio, and they were talking about possible "fantasy" trades thought would make sense, and one was PG-13 for Kevin Love. At first I thought no way OKC does that deal, but they kind of sold me on it. If OKC feels they will lose PG-13, they will have no cap space, Love and Westbrook are still friends from UCLA, and who better to go stand in the corner and wait for Russ to pass it to him? Also, in Cleveland if Lebron bolts, it is likely so would PG-13...if Lebron stays, it is likely PG-13 would consider it also....which both scenarios is what Cleveland prefers.

Can Adams, Melo and Love be on the court together?

I think they really only concern themselves with Westbrook, Love and Adams in the big picture...and I think that works. Melo either fits, comes off the bench, or they likely "try" to move him.

If I was the Clippers, I would try to move Blake and Gallinari for PG-13 and Melo.

Last edited by adkindo on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
OKC not going anywhere, why not try trading KCP + sweetener (?Zubac?) for PG13 now?

Would much rather trade Clarkson for PG13.

If you have PG13, you’ll be in the mix for a 2nd star and will have to trade Clarkson eventually. Might as well shed his long term salary in that deal.

Also, KCP paired with PG13 is a much better defensive lineup.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
governator wrote:
OKC not going anywhere, why not try trading KCP + sweetener (?Zubac?) for PG13 now?

If you have PG13, you’ll be in the mix for a 2nd star and will have to trade Clarkson eventually. Might as well shed his long term salary in that deal.

I assume it would take at least Clarkson and Randle
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Our weakest position is the Center. Sure Lopez is a HUGE upgrade over MozGoof, but Cousins is a HUGE upgrade over Lopez.

I think the top line-up would win WAY more games than the lower one, we need some tough defense in the middle and that ain't Lopez:

PG - Ball
SG - Clarkson
SF - Ingram
PF - Kuzma
C - Cousins

OR

PG - Ball
SG - Ingram
SF - George
PF - Nance
C - Lopez

Which line-up would you prefer?

Well Cousins can't defend either so what does that tell you.

Neither can Towns

The point is that we need a PF who can defend the paint and rim because Cousins won't do it.

How about a PF that can defend all 5 positions and defend all areas on the court very well? Would that be valuable to have next to Cousins?

It would be easier to recruit Cousins as well if he was very close with that PF too.

Yeah, but I think SG is the bigger target though. So C and SG are our two biggest needs.

So naturally posters here are crying for a SF/PF.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
governator wrote:

I assume it would take at least Clarkson and Randle

So OKC would ask for more value then... when they made the trade with the Pacers? OKC would be lucky to get a value like Clarkson in a Thunder Trade... if they also ask for Randle they are just wasting there time... everyone knows where he wants to go....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
governator wrote:

Doubtful that OKC would agree, it is likely that they won’t want to pay luxury tax on JC. At least KCP would be expiring. Really unlikely that they deal PG at all.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

There is one thing we know for sure regarding Paul George. His agent publicly said he wants to play for the Lakers. Knowing this fact I still believe we are the favorites to sign him in free agency.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
There is one thing we know for sure regarding Paul George. His agent publicly said he wants to play for the Lakers. Knowing this fact I still believe we are the favorites to sign him in free agency.

as long as he is not moved to a place like Houston or Cleveland beforehand, I think i would agree....but all bets are off if gets onto a team that is in the Finals.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
coming back from a meeting listening to NBA Radio, and they were talking about possible "fantasy" trades thought would make sense, and one was PG-13 for Kevin Love. At first I thought no way OKC does that deal, but they kind of sold me on it. If OKC feels they will lose PG-13, they will have no cap space, Love and Westbrook are still friends from UCLA, and who better to go stand in the corner and wait for Russ to pass it to him? Also, in Cleveland if Lebron bolts, it is likely so would PG-13...if Lebron stays, it is likely PG-13 would consider it also....which both scenarios is what Cleveland prefers.

I think they really only concern themselves with Westbrook, Love and Adams in the big picture...and I think that works. Melo either fits, comes off the bench, or they likely "try" to move him.

If I was the Clippers, I would try to move Blake and Gallinari for PG-13 and Melo.

I can see why the Clippers would do it, but OKC might not do it because they would have a heavy payroll for multiple years going forward.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I can see why the Clippers would do it, but OKC might not do it because they would have a heavy payroll for multiple years going forward.

yeah, that is a good point
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
governator wrote:

Doubtful that OKC would agree, it is likely that they won’t want to pay luxury tax on JC. At least KCP would be expiring. Really unlikely that they deal PG at all.

Disagree. OKC isn't planning to rebuilt. The reality is that they will be a luxury tax team if they want to keep Westbrook happy. Clarkson at $12m is a well priced contract that doesn't make their luxury tax bill explode and gives them a secondary scorer, which is what they really need.

They have no incentive to trade PG13 for an expiring contract. What would they gained trading for KCP when they could just save that money if PG13 walks?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

besides being a complete idiot of a coach and ruining dangelos rookie year.

I will never ever forgive dumbazz Byron Scott for us not drafting porzingis. SMH.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I will never ever forgive dumbazz Byron Scott for us not drafting porzingis. SMH.

Yeah, we saw the kid first hand and still let him slip through our hands. Even Chad Ford, who is a goof, said that he would draft Porzingis #2 on Max & Marcellus. Byron thought he was too soft. Porzingis doesn't look soft the few times we've played against him.

I'm gonna go on 2k18 now and see what a Randle/Porzingis Lakers team would look like. 😂
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Yeah, we saw the kid first hand and still let him slip through our hands. Even Chad Ford, who is a goof, said that he would draft Porzingis #2 on Max & Marcellus. Byron thought he was too soft. Porzingis doesn't look soft the few times we've played against him.

I'm gonna go on 2k18 now and see what a Randle/Porzingis Lakers team would look like. 😂

the workout they put him through was basically mark madsen pushing him around to test his manhood lol.

Byron was quoted saying " i better get an extension if i have to wait for this kid to grow up"

SMH. I HATE BYRON
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Interesting OKC plays the Lakers at Staples Center on February 8th which is the last day of the trade deadline.

Last edited by 32 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Wilt started in Philadelphia. Kareem started in Milwaukee. Shaq started in Orlando. LeBron started in Cleveland...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

Per Sam Amick... Execs still expect Paul George to head to Lakers in FA..

https://mobile.twitter.com/sam_amick/status/940996002793758720

I think this is why no one has been linked yet on PG trade.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

JC has been great, does trading him now along with Deng and pick help us going forward.

I suggest trading JC/Deng/Pick to Sacramento for GHill/(Vince or Randolph)

Sacramento is tanking Deng and GHill have the same contract size. Sac get a young player we get an establish backup and an easier to move contract. Plus we still don't lose too much Bench wise and will be more flexible in the summer.

Ghill, Hart, Vince Kuz, Randle
Ghill, Hart, Kuz, Randolph, Randle
is still a very good bench.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

It’s getting lit!!!

Time to buckle up cause I think OKC will have no choice but to trade George to LA since teams know he won’t resign with any team... unless that team goes on to win a title.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
JC has been great, does trading him now along with Deng and pick help us going forward.

I suggest trading JC/Deng/Pick to Sacramento for GHill/(Vince or Randolph)

Sacramento is tanking Deng and GHill have the same contract size. Sac get a young player we get an establish backup and an easier to move contract. Plus we still don't lose too much Bench wise and will be more flexible in the summer.

Ghill, Hart, Vince Kuz, Randle
Ghill, Hart, Kuz, Randolph, Randle
is still a very good bench.

I can’t see Sacramento trading with the Lakers...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
governator wrote:

Disagree. OKC isn't planning to rebuilt. The reality is that they will be a luxury tax team if they want to keep Westbrook happy. Clarkson at $12m is a well priced contract that doesn't make their luxury tax bill explode and gives them a secondary scorer, which is what they really need.

They have no incentive to trade PG13 for an expiring contract. What would they gained trading for KCP when they could just save that money if PG13 walks?

That is why I don’t think they will trade PG, him walking is preferable to taking luxury tax salary for him. Westbrook is signed, they no longer have to make him happy. They will offer a contract to PG and if he walks, it is on him, not the organization.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
governator wrote:

JC makes 41% of what PG13 would make if OKC extended him. The luxury tax would naturally go down.

WB is on a long term deal, so is Adams/Roberson/Patterson. They're not tanking and they also won't have a lot of cap space even if PG13 walks. They'll want to field some semblance of a competitive team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

the workout they put him through was basically mark madsen pushing him around to test his manhood lol.

Byron was quoted saying " i better get an extension if i have to wait for this kid to grow up"

SMH. I HATE BYRON

Byron set this team back years.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
governator wrote:

JC makes 41% of what PG13 would make if OKC extended him. The luxury tax would naturally go down.

WB is on a long term deal, so is Adams/Roberson/Patterson. They're not tanking and they also won't have a lot of cap space even if PG13 walks. They'll want to field some semblance of a competitive team.

but you do not think Clarkson alone gets a deal done, right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
governator wrote:

but you do not think Clarkson alone gets a deal done, right?

Nope. Would have to be something like JC/Nance/2nd rounders at the minimum.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 230, 231, 232 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 231 of 2680
Jump to: