OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Hey we gotta get Hezonja. Magic had some injuries recently and he got more playing time. First game he scored 17 points, last night he scored 28, made 8 3's.

I've been coveting him for a year, but his team declined his team option. So if we trade for him, we'd be very limited (like Okafor) to offer him $ in FA (capped at whatever the team option would have been). This is why I was hoping we would trade for him outright when we would still have his rights.

was there with you....been a member @ the Church of Hezonja since he was drafted....seen a lot of special flashes from the guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Hey we gotta get Hezonja. Magic had some injuries recently and he got more playing time. First game he scored 17 points, last night he scored 28, made 8 3's.

I've been coveting him for a year, but his team declined his team option. So if we trade for him, we'd be very limited (like Okafor) to offer him $ in FA (capped at whatever the team option would have been). This is why I was hoping we would trade for him outright when we would still have his rights.

was there with you....been a member @ the Church of Hezonja since he was drafted....seen a lot of special flashes from the guy.

Yeah. Was REALLY hoping we would have traded for him b/f they declined his option. Really would have given us some options. I bet even Brewer + 2nd would have done it as he will walk for nothing probably. Is it even worth having him as a rental this year?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Yeah. Was REALLY hoping we would have traded for him b/f they declined his option. Really would have given us some options. I bet even Brewer + 2nd would have done it as he will walk for nothing probably. Is it even worth having him as a rental this year?

doubt it....unless the FO has already 100% determined they will move JC or Randle.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

If he can play go for it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

BVH's Preferred Summer 2018 Plan

Player-----------------Salary
1. Lonzo Ball - $7,461,960
2. Paul George - $30,300,000 (2+1 Player Option)
3. Brandon Ingram - $5,757,120
4. Larry Nance - $2,272,391
5. Lebron James - $35,700,000 (4-year)
6. Julius Randle - $5,564,134 Qualifying Offer
7. Kyle Kuzma - $1,689,840
8. Josh Hart - $1,655,160
9. Thomas Bryant - $1,378,242
10. Ivica Zubac -- $1,544,951
11. Marco Belinelli- $4,544,000 Room Exception (2+1 Team Option)
12. Jarrett Jack - $1,662,176 Minimum Exception
13. Andrew Bogut - $1,662,176 Minimum Exception
14. Alex Caruso - $815,615 Minimum Exception
15. Vander Blue - $815,615 Minimum Exception
TW. Denver 2nd Round - $-
TW. Player X - $-
Deng Stretched - $6,000,000 ($30M Buyout)

2018-19 Roster:

Ball/Jack/Caruso
Belinelli/Hart/Blue
George/Ingram
James/Kuzma/Nance
Randle/Bogut/Bryant/Zubac

Keys to the plan:

- PG-13 may need to sign for 29% instead of full 30% Max. The numbers will be tight.
- Get Randle to sign QO. Lakers would have his Bird Rights and can sign him above the cap in 2019. DO NOT put any agreement into writing.
- Trade Clarkson and 2019 CHI 2nd to ATL for Belinelli and Malcolm Delaney (waive Ennis). Get Belinelli to re-sign for the Room Exception.
- Get Jack and Bogut to sign for Minimum Exceptions.
- Sign Caruso to Minimum Exception.
- Sign Blue to Minimum Exception.
- Sign 2nd round pick to 2-Way.
- Sign undrafted rookie to 2-Way.

Additional 2018-19 changes:

Nance, Zu, and Bryant will all be restricted free agents in summer 2019 so the Lakers likely move 1-2 of them before the 2019 trade deadline for additional backcourt help and/or future asset(s).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

^^^I have no issues with that (doubt any Laker fan would)...but I doubt Lebron would roll with that roster.....Ball, Ingram and Kuzma may look like tasty trade pieces to him and Rich Paul.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

We're not signing Lebron.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^I have no issues with that (doubt any Laker fan would)...but I doubt Lebron would roll with that roster.....Ball, Ingram and Kuzma may look like tasty trade pieces to him and Rich Paul.

I'm assuming Magic's value as POBO will come from not just recruiting stars, but managing their egos once they're here. I have no doubt Lebron's going to want to play GM from day one, but I hope Maginka can keep him a bit in check in order to preserve at least part of the team's young core.

Besides, with all the young guys on cheap deals, they won't be able to match vet salaries in trades lol - Lebron is going to be stuck hoping Lonzo and BI can knock down their open shots. But watch the Lakers sign Shumpert to the full MLE in 2019 to appease Bron.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Yeah, because all of LG doesn't have $35M to throw around. But what about the Lakers?

I actually think they'll get shut out on Lebron, George, and Cousins next summer, but I wanted to post my near best case scenario.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Yeah, because all of LG doesn't have $35M to throw around. But what about the Lakers?

I actually think they'll get shut out on Lebron, George, and Cousins next summer, but I wanted to post my near best case scenario.

Good lord. IF we can't even get one of them, it's going to be a long basketball winter in Lakers-land.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Timing is poor. We have some cap space but our young players aren’t good enough to attract top stars. When they are, say in 2-3 years, will we have cap space? To make things worse, we likely see small increases in the salary cap in the next 2-3 seasons. Gradually increasing the cap beginning in 2016, instead of that massive jump, would have been much better for the Lakers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I'm assuming Magic's value as POBO will come from not just recruiting stars, but managing their egos once they're here. I have no doubt Lebron's going to want to play GM from day one, but I hope Maginka can keep him a bit in check in order to preserve at least part of the team's young core.

Besides, with all the young guys on cheap deals, they won't be able to match vet salaries in trades lol - Lebron is going to be stuck hoping Lonzo and BI can knock down their open shots. But watch the Lakers sign Shumpert to the full MLE in 2019 to appease Bron.

Maybe, but I have doubts Lebron signs to a team that he is not sure will bend and twist on the command of him and Rich Paul.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Good lord. IF we can't even get one of them, it's going to be a long basketball winter in Lakers-land.

I don't know. I feel like the patient approach has always been valid. We've just been conditioned to think it's a boom or bust summer by Magic. This crew has shown a lot and we're well positioned to be good in a couple years. You don't want to sit back and rest on that but you also don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

If we retain Randle at a good number and don't extend Ingram for max at first opportunity LA's cap will be wide open while having a good roster for a star(s) to join.

All that said I think there is a really good chance PG comes to LA. Felt when he was traded to OKC anything short of contending and he was gone. They'll get better as the season wears on but it's clear they aren't in the same zip code as the top 5-6 teams.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Timing is poor. We have some cap space but our young players aren’t good enough to attract top stars. When they are, say in 2-3 years, will we have cap space? To make things worse, we likely see small increases in the salary cap in the next 2-3 seasons. Gradually increasing the cap beginning in 2016, instead of that massive jump, would have been much better for the Lakers.

maybe, or they could have acted as I (and only a few others on LG) was begging them to do.....save your money....this market will crash in a year or two, and we will have the money to obtain the picks of the litter! It was simple math.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

By then you'll have to pay (or trade) Jules, Nance, Zub, Ingram by the end of 2019.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I don’t think so. Randle, Kuzma, Hart, Ingram and Ball will all improve and the team should be better. If we win 30 this season, I could see 35-38 next season, one step below being a playoff team. Maybe make a couple of overpay/short term (2 year) signings.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I don’t think so. Randle, Kuzma, Hart, Ingram and Ball will all improve and the team should be better. If we win 30 this season, I could see 35-38 next season, one step below being a playoff team. Maybe make a couple of overpay/short term (2 year) signings.

That is a basketball winter-land for the Lakers. 2-3 years more of non-playoffs is probably a non-starter for the FO. How do you justify kicking out Jim/Mitch and doing about the same (or worse)? That is what concerns me b/c they may be motivated by a get rich scheme.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

By then you'll have to pay (or trade) Jules, Nance, Zub, Ingram by the end of 2019.

That was a subtle nuance to the Russell trade. It pushed forward LA's cap flexibility as he becomes extension eligible this summer and would enter RFA with a monster cap hold in summer '19. Keeping that flexibility may cost them Jules, or they may get him on a fair but good deal given how dry the market may be this July. You can pretty easily push forward on players like Nance and Zub (traded/resigned inexpensively) and you could come to an 'understanding' with Ingram that puts him in RFA in 2020 with a lower cap hold (though still pretty high) than his max.

From a roster development and cap flexibility perspective, we're probably better set up for 2019 and even 2020 when those two things come into alignment. Of course getting one or two max guys this summer ups that timeline.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That was a subtle nuance to the Russell trade. It pushed forward LA's cap flexibility as he becomes extension eligible this summer and would enter RFA with a monster cap hold in summer '19. Keeping that flexibility may cost them Jules, or they may get him on a fair but good deal given how dry the market may be this July. You can pretty easily push forward on players like Nance and Zub (traded/resigned inexpensively) and you could come to an 'understanding' with Ingram that puts him in RFA in 2020 with a lower cap hold (though still pretty high) than his max.

From a roster development and cap flexibility perspective, we're probably better set up for 2019 and even 2020 when those two things come into alignment. Of course getting one or two max guys this summer ups that timeline.

How many years will this team have punted cap space then? This constant roster turnover can't be good for building up institutional foundations on this team.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Baron you son of a gun!

Anyways, ty for clarifying your scenario. I think we sign PG but not Lebron or Cousins, if I had to guess.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

Hope I'm wrong but Bron's not coming. Paul George plus roll players/shooters is the most likely scenario. Cousins seems to have found a home in NOLA.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Hope I'm wrong but Bron's not coming. Paul George plus roll players/shooters is the most likely scenario. Cousins seems to have found a home in NOLA.

eggzactly
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

I'd be really happy with PG/another primary ball handler/shooters, tbh. We'd be an even more fun team to watch and we'd have a real shot at the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

So what are the best PG13 + teams?

1. do you punt the other cap space to 2019?
2. do you sign tier 2-beyond guys to suit the personnel, but eat up 2019 cap space?
3. keep both JC/Jules (and extend the latter eating into 2019 cap space)?

It gets a bit dicey, and PG13 + might not be enough to guarantee even the playoffs.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

eggzactly

Hey Phil. Are you gonna ask for another 3-day ban if we win any of the next three games? 😂😂😂
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 253 of 2680
Jump to: