OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2565, 2566, 2567 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Taking the "D" out of D'Antoni, one player at a time.

I m not worried about Houston at all. Harden will choke and cp3 will get injured

Loss of ariza and luc was huge
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lakers/Jules relationship has always seemed tense, especially when he was unfairly benched earlier this year.

I think Jules wanted to move on and the Lakers felt the same way.

I wanted to keep him but I will certainly root for him (just not against us).

Let's not forget he was a restricted FA. The right move would have been to assure him his role on the team as the starting C and present 2 things if we didnt want to commit long term, 1. 1y/10M deal 2. Sign the QO.

Sure. But I think the Lakers saw that he wanted out. Other teams with RFAs have renounced players before too.

Plus I head somewhere you can’t sign your restricted FA to a one year deal. It was the QO or a multi year deal.

Link?

Somebody maybe said it here. If you’re questioning it bard then I know I’m wrong! lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lakers/Jules relationship has always seemed tense, especially when he was unfairly benched earlier this year.

Let's not forget he was a restricted FA. The right move would have been to assure him his role on the team as the starting C and present 2 things if we didnt want to commit long term, 1. 1y/10M deal 2. Sign the QO.

Sure. But I think the Lakers saw that he wanted out. Other teams with RFAs have renounced players before too.

Plus I head somewhere you can’t sign your restricted FA to a one year deal. It was the QO or a multi year deal.

Link?

Somebody maybe said it here. If you’re questioning it bard then I know I’m wrong! lol

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Houston Rockets have emerged as strong frontrunners to acquire Carmelo Anthony once he is free from Oklahoma City, league sources tell Yahoo. Anthony also has considered Miami.

Do it, Houston!

Lol at emerged they’re probably the only team who wants him.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Nwaba would have no minutes in this roster.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y892mksq

Atl has alot of 1 guards, Magic desperately need a PG and we need a Center.
Magic are stocked with 5’s and gotta create minuts for the young players to develop.
And we compensate Atl picks for taking on Dengs contract ..

Heck id even take back Ross’s contract, the trade him to the Kings for a Draft Pick or 2 in a seperate deal.

Who says no ?

Last edited by JeezyXVII on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:22 am; edited 3 times in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
danzag wrote:

Plus there was that comment saying Chicago might want to bring David back using some of their exception.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Link?

dcarter4kobe already touched on it a bit earlier

42. What is restricted free agency?

Quote:

When a restricted free agent wants to sign with another team, the player and team sign an offer sheet, the principal terms of which the original team is given two days to match.4 The offer sheet must be for at least two seasons (not including option years), and a standard NBA contract (not a Two-Way contract). If the player's prior team also submitted a maximum qualifying offer, then the offer sheet must be for at least three seasons (not including option years). If the player's original team exercises its right of first refusal within two days (by issuing a First Refusal Exercise Notice), the player is then under contract to his original team, at the principal terms of the offer sheet (but not the non-principal terms). If the player's original team does not exercise its right of first refusal within two days (or provides written notice that it is declining its right of first refusal), the player is deemed to be under contract with the new team.

dcarter4kobe wrote:

I believe that's only for teams that doesnt have the RFA rights (must offer multiple years).

From Larry Coon FAQ

Quote:
He can negotiate a new contract with his prior team that is independent of the qualifying offer or maximum qualifying offer.

Quote:

To summarize, a restricted free agent essentially has five options:

* He can accept his prior team's qualifying offer, play for one season, and become a free agent again the following summer.

* He can accept his prior team's maximum qualifying offer (if applicable, and if one has been submitted) and play under a long-term contract at the maximum salary.

* He can negotiate a new contract with his prior team that is independent of the qualifying offer or maximum qualifying offer.

* He can sign an offer sheet with another team through March 1, which his prior team is given the opportunity to match.

* He can negotiate a sign-and-trade (see question number 92) if he has not signed an offer sheet with another team.

If he doesn't sign a qualifying offer, a contract, or an offer sheet for one year, his prior team can submit a new qualifying offer (or maximum qualifying offer), and the player becomes a restricted free agent again the following offseason.

25. What are salary cap exceptions?

Quote:

LARRY BIRD EXCEPTION -- This exception allows teams to exceed the cap in order to re-sign their own free agents, up to the player's maximum salary. Teams are said to have "Bird rights" to players who qualify. To qualify for this exception a player essentially must play for three seasons without clearing waivers or changing teams as a free agent, however there are nuances to this rule, which are explained in question number 32. This means a player can qualify by playing under three consecutive one-year contracts, a single contract of at least three years, or any equivalent combination. It also means that when a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded with him, and his new team can use the Larry Bird exception to re-sign him. These contracts can be up to five years in length, with raises up to 8% of the salary in the first season of the contract. Players who qualify for this exception are called "Qualifying Veteran Free Agents" in the CBA, and this exception is formally a component of the Veteran Free Agent exception.

The 1983 CBA introduced the modern salary cap, and with it the provision allowing a team to exceed the cap to re-sign its own players. It is commonly believed that this exception acquired its common moniker because Larry Bird was the first such player to be re-signed. However, this is apocryphal, as Bird signed a seven-year contract in 1983 (before this provision took effect), and did not sign another until 1988.

At the bottom of CBA FAQ #25 is a table with a summary of the attributes for the various Exceptions.

Quote:

Summary of Salary Cap Exceptions
...........................Larry Bird
Who Qualifies........Own free agent, 3 seasons without changing teams as a free agent
Minimum Years....1

Maximum Years......5
Maximum Salary.....Maximum salary (see note in text)
Maximum Raises.....8.00%
Can be split?...........No
Other

I have been trying to think of a reason why Randle couldn't have been signed as a Larry Bird free agent and have failed to come up with one so far.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
On another note, it's amazing to watch how far Jahlil Okafor has fallen. Will he end up on a team? A lot of us was wrong about him.

I was just thinking the same thing this morning when I read someone suggesting Greg Monroe. It didn't help @Eric Jr. outed that he failed a trade physical.

I'd prefer playing it safe and go after a smart old vet like David West than take the chance on adding another knucklehead like Okafor but if we did take the gamble on him I'd roll with it. He's got weaknesses but is still young and maybe needs some solid vet guidance. I'm sure some team will take a chance on him before the season starts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

David West is a UFA? I wouldn't mind him at all. Need an enforcer on the team.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

We need a center or a shooter/scorer.

It's amazing how obsessed people are with adding another athletic perimeter player who can't shoot... and they scoff at signing an IT or Dwight type talent for peanuts.

I have faith in our management but enough with trying to shoehorn more defenders into the lineup.

Get Beasley or Wade since there's no good centers left. We have enough defense everywhere except at center.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
danzag wrote:

I'd give him minutes over Stephenson.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Houston Rockets have emerged as strong frontrunners to acquire Carmelo Anthony once he is free from Oklahoma City, league sources tell Yahoo. Anthony also has considered Miami.

Do it, Houston!

makes you wonder how vindicated D'Antoni must feel that Carmelo is now coming back to him with his career in dire straights.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

It's amazing how obsessed people are with adding another athletic perimeter player who can't shoot... and they scoff at signing an IT or Dwight type talent for peanuts.

I have faith in our management but enough with trying to shoehorn more defenders into the lineup.

Get Beasley or Wade since there's no good centers left. We have enough defense everywhere except at center.

IT is garbage who plays no defense and wants the offense to run through him.

nobody wanted him. hence signed a 1 year 2m deal. thats a fact
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
David West is a UFA? I wouldn't mind him at all. Need an enforcer on the team.

he is not an enforcer tough
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Rumor going around that Jabari Parker will sign with Chicago

https://mobile.twitter.com/OnSMASH/status/1017608358084399105
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Do it, Houston!

makes you wonder how vindicated D'Antoni must feel that Carmelo is now coming back to him with his career in dire straights.

True that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Steal for Chicago. Jabari gets to go back home. If he remains healthy he'll be a superstar one day.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Steal for Chicago. Jabari gets to go back home. If he remains healthy he'll be a superstar one day.

2 or 3 ACL tears?

IF is a big IF.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

IT is garbage who plays no defense and wants the offense to run through him.

nobody wanted him. hence signed a 1 year 2m deal. thats a fact

One season ago he was the most impactful offensive player in the league.

Only 9 players have averaged 29 points in the last ten years and all of them except him are headed for the hall of fame.

I have no problem with those who say they preferred other players... but to say he wasn't worth signing for a cheap contract is ridiculous.

I truly don't get why you feel the need to put him down so much.

I'm happy with our team for the most part... excited about the new season... but to deny he might cause us problems on a good Denver team in the playoffs is silly. I really hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

I was happy when I thought he was headed to Orlando. This is only about what I believe is good for our team.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

JeezyXVII wrote:

Magic are stocked with 5’s and gotta create minuts for the young players to develop.

Heck id even take back Ross’s contract, the trade him to the Kings for a Draft Pick or 2 in a seperate deal.

Who says no ?

Atl should get a 1st round pick from the Lakers and a future 2nd round pick from the Magic... then I think its a fair deal all around.

Lakers get Vucevic
Magic get Schroeder
Atl gets Deng, Lakers 2020 1st and Orlando 2019 2nd

I think however that ATL buys out Lin but who knows
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wouldn't the Bucks match whatever he gets since he is a RFA?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

Who says no ?

Atl should get a 1st round pick from the Lakers and a future 2nd round pick from the Magic... then I think its a fair deal all around.

Lakers get Vucevic
Magic get Schroeder
Atl gets Deng, Lakers 2020 1st and Orlando 2019 2nd

I think however that ATL buys out Lin but who knows

fine by me, however Vucevic plays 0 defense.

prefer Robin Lopez over Vucevic
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wouldn't the Bucks match whatever he gets since he is a RFA?

For how much is the question.
Jabari was working with Ray Ray on his shot. I wonder if we'll see the fruits of his labor this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

No Lin.

LG cannot stand a war b/w Kobe/LBJ/Lin stans.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2565, 2566, 2567 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2566 of 2680
Jump to: