OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2583, 2584, 2585 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Tariq Black and David Nwaba

We only have 1 roster spot remaining...

In that case, Black fills a more crucial need.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Just bring in Okafor.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

is someone going to pick up Corey Brewer this summer? Someone has to have a need for a vet wing that provides energy? He averaged over 10 PPG in OKC last season....still only 32.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
I wonder why the Bucks rescinded the QO. Wouldn’t they have been able to make him play under that if Parker wanted to be an FA next year.

Chicago was working on an offer sheet for Parker to sign.

Rather than wait to be presented a signed offer sheet and then deliberate about matching, the Bucks raised the white flag and moved on.

They must have heard how insane the offer was to surrender without making the Bulls sweat a bit.

They used the MLE on Sova, and BAE on Lopez, they are basically hard capped.

any chance they do Deng/pick for Henson?

they have now:
Lopez
Thon Maker
DJ Wilson
Tyler Zeller
Plumlee
Henson
Ersan

No dude. Lakers aren’t trading for non max type of players that will eat into next years cap.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:

In that case, Black fills a more crucial need.

Black is a lifetime NBA bench player, an undersized center without moves or shooting skills. He was the epitome of why the Lakers were a lottery team for years. That's what they used to be, so I would like to leave the past in the past.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Wood looked good last year in Summer League, too. And while I wouldn't mind the idea of bringing him in on a camp invite, Len's numbers per-36 are pretty decent. I'd have no issue with him on a vet min deal.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

kobe8One wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mintz is the biggest loser of 2018 free agency:

1) Randle got way less than his peers
2) PG13 didn’t get the best deal (lakers or not)
3) Nets not even talking extension with DLO

I certainly wouldn’t sign up with that guy. Can’t have personal grudges impact business for clients.

Why is Mintz's fault?

1. If Randlel learned how to shoot and able to finish with either hands after 4 years in the NBA, pretty sure he will get a better deal.
2. Lakers want it PG13 before Lebron, after Lebron the Lakers says no thank you.
3. DLO just hope he doesn't get less than Randle. Dlo and Booker are not even in the same level.

Pg13 signed for too many years. He’s about to hit his qo year max. He costed him millions.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

adkindo wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:

we can sign more than 15 players....just someone will be waived before season. I like Nwaba, but if I was adding a Center....rather roll the dice on a guy like Christian Wood over Alex Len. Wood is still only 22 years old...put up good numbers in G Leagues last year as well as averaging 19 Points, 11 Rebounds and over 2 Blocks in Vegas this summer.

He is too skinny no?

not in my opinion...he still has no real idea how to play NBA defense....but most young guys do not....low risk/moderate reward play

Of the two I'd rather sign Len because he has more experience and was a former lottery pick.

Zubac gives us everything Len does in my opinion....and chasing lottery busts is a low percentage business. Wood is 3 years younger than Len, and not nearly the stiff. Wood also shot a respectable 32% from 3 on over 4 attempts per game last season.

Tonight....Wood has 27 Points, 12 Rebounds and 5 Blocks tonight!

I wanted Wood in the draft a couple years ago. He has been impressive in the SL for the last couple summers but hasnt found a way to stick in NBA. Type of guy I Wouldnt mind on a 2 way contract.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I wanted Wood in the draft a couple years ago. He has been impressive in the SL for the last couple summers but hasnt found a way to stick in NBA.

he was good in GLeague last year also on a 2 Way...just think someone needs to offer him a deal. I would offer him a 2 Year Non-Guaranteed deal with like a December guarantee date....no risk in that....if he does not make it in camp, just waive him. If he makes it....plays well, have him for 2 seasons on a min. type deal.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
I wanted Wood in the draft a couple years ago. He has been impressive in the SL for the last couple summers but hasnt found a way to stick in NBA.

he was good in GLeague last year also on a 2 Way...just think someone needs to offer him a deal. I would offer him a 2 Year Non-Guaranteed deal with like a December guarantee date....no risk in that....if he does not make it in camp, just waive him. If he makes it....plays well, have him for 2 seasons on a min. type deal.

He should have a line of teams to pick from the way he is playing. Perfect 5 in todays NBA.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:

we can sign more than 15 players....just someone will be waived before season. I like Nwaba, but if I was adding a Center....rather roll the dice on a guy like Christian Wood over Alex Len. Wood is still only 22 years old...put up good numbers in G Leagues last year as well as averaging 19 Points, 11 Rebounds and over 2 Blocks in Vegas this summer.

He is too skinny no?

not in my opinion...he still has no real idea how to play NBA defense....but most young guys do not....low risk/moderate reward play

Of the two I'd rather sign Len because he has more experience and was a former lottery pick.

Zubac gives us everything Len does in my opinion....and chasing lottery busts is a low percentage business. Wood is 3 years younger than Len, and not nearly the stiff. Wood also shot a respectable 32% from 3 on over 4 attempts per game last season.

It's time to play... who he play for?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Well, how many teams have 4 bonafide Center?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:

He is too skinny no?

Who put up better numbers in the G? Wood or TBryant?
RowellGboy7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
Aike wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Parker has to work one year to get $20M

Randle has to work two years to get $18M

I would rather work half as much and make 11% more money.

Missing the forest for the trees.

Randle might make $30 million the next two years and Parker might make $25 mil. We just can’t know.

All we know is that one has a guarantee to get paid $20 million, while the other has a guarantee to make at least $18 million, barring some bizarre circumstances. The rest is just window dressing.

I still prefer Parker’s deal. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush

That’s fine if you prefer it, but Parker’s 2019-2020 salary is still in the bush.

You can’t be serious with your “arguments”. How quickly you make the most money totally matters. $20M guaranteed for 1 year of work outclasses $18M over 2 years no matter how you cut it.
You’re only arguing for the guaranteed portion, but you’ll quickly realize how ridiculous it sounds the more years you add it takes to make the $18M. What if it takes 10 years? 50 years? It absolutely matters.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:

He is too skinny no?

He was on Philly G League team last year....has played short stints with Philly and Charlotte.....was on Milwaukee Summer League team this season....still only 22 years old. Dude just made the mistake of declaring for draft too early....was not ready, and it set him back.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Some names out there we should take a look at

Alex Len
Greg Monroe
David West
Trevor Booker
Yogi Ferrell
Noah Vonleh
Jahlil Okafor
Tarik Black
Christian Wood
Tyler Ulis
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Alex Len
Greg Monroe
David West
Trevor Booker
Yogi Ferrell
Noah Vonleh
Jahlil Okafor
Tarik Black
Christian Wood
Tyler Ulis

and PJ Dozier!!!
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
shortodom wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:

He is too skinny no?

He was on Philly G League team last year....has played short stints with Philly and Charlotte.....was on Milwaukee Summer League team this season....still only 22 years old. Dude just made the mistake of declaring for draft too early....was not ready, and it set him back.

So Bucks are eliminated?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
adkindo wrote:
shortodom wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:

He is too skinny no?

So Bucks are eliminated?

yeah, they were up by 2 with 3 seconds left, and 76'ers Forkmaz made a basket and got fouled...made free throw.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

If our plan is to go small and since I have no idea what I'm talking about,

But how about Deng as center? Looking at the old tapes, he is certainly too slow to be pf anymore, but can he cut it as a small ball center? He certainly looks big enough to play the part. Also, I don't think we'll be relying on our center to score this year
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Alex Len
Greg Monroe
David West
Trevor Booker
Yogi Ferrell
Noah Vonleh
Jahlil Okafor
Tarik Black
Christian Wood
Tyler Ulis

Hmm. David West or Vonleh?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
shortodom wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
cital wrote:
The Grind wrote:

He is too skinny no?

Undrafted in 2015. 2 failed stints in the NBA. Currently a FA.

This should give some perspective to the numbers M Robinson is putting up.

To Woods credit he looked much improved than his first year. Physically bigger. Maybe this is his year to make it.
Cedceb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Need a junk yard dog type big

tarik or trevor booker definitely fits that mold

jeff ayers has desired at least a camp invite
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Cedceb wrote:
Need a junk yard dog type big

tarik or trevor booker definitely fits that mold

jeff ayers has desired at least a camp invite

Ayers like 30. He will get an invite but for a practice body. I don’t think he makes a team.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Alex Len
Greg Monroe
David West
Trevor Booker
Yogi Ferrell
Noah Vonleh
Jahlil Okafor
Tarik Black
Christian Wood
Tyler Ulis

Isn't Okafor like Bona Fide bust material? Dude has no defense whatsoever. His offensive game also seems like its more suited for the early 90s.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2583, 2584, 2585 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2584 of 2680
Jump to: