OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2591, 2592, 2593 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Heard on kings forum, they are preparing to sign offersheet to Clint capela.

Would love to man wcs if that does go through

would love that. weakens houstons a lot.

already lost a lot of defense this year and can possibly lose their rim protector.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Never thought I would view the kings as an ally
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
You just look at it this way.

Did the Lakers make their biggest free agent signing this off-season? Yes

I'm not sure I can agree with that

What free agent signing in recent years with the Lakers could possibly be bigger than LeBron James?

The biggest FA signing this offseason could be Durant. There’s a strong possibility it leads to a title.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
chantruong wrote:
If we trade Deng for Shump and Zbo, the Kings can offer 4 mill more per year

Deng/ 2 1st for about/shump/wcs

Well that doesnt accomplish anything for the Kings but i will take it
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

What free agent signing in recent years with the Lakers could possibly be bigger than LeBron James?

The biggest FA signing this offseason could be Durant. There’s a strong possibility it leads to a title.

Only if you have 3 other all NBA players.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Only if you have 3 other all NBA players.

if change in games won is the measurement, I think Lebron will easily have the most impact next season as a FA signing.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

The hottest of takes
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

The hottest of takes

Lol.
So he misreads op and takes it the KD route instead of the Shaq route?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

you're obviously forgetting about steve blake

Steve buh lok kay?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Why would they sign Cousins only to wait 6+ months for him to come back + attitude issues. They are trying to build a cohesive unit NOW that will last for the future. Cousins was irrelevant.

No they're not, they signed one year contracts who likely won't be back next season.

People said kcp wouldn't be back

LG knows nothing
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

At this point, what is really the purpose of trying to dump Deng? There isn't any. It'd be a waste of draft picks to do so.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Could the Lakers have made better signings than every other follow up signing they've made post LeBron?

Yes.

Were Randle, and Boogie had at WAY under market value that the Lakers could have/should have capitalized on?

Yes.

If you take out the signings of McGee, Stephenson and KCP and you instead re-sign Randle for 2 seasons at below market value(anything under 12M) and sign Boogie whom called us... for the 5.3M he offered and still having the leftover to overpay Rondo for a 1 year. Is that a better off-season all around? Yes.

But the Lakers are tunnel visioning for the 2019 free agency and hoping lightning strikes twice.

Could they have re-signed Randle, got Boogie, and signed Rondo still? Yes, they would have just not needed to bring back KCP or bring in Stephenson or McGee and all three of those things could have happened.

But they didn't, the Lakers made their decision to tunnel vision for 2019 and have their cap open for them without committing anything past a single season. If it works out for them, great, if it doesn't, it will be a lesson learned.

You just hope they don't assume that future free agents would sign for the same reasons they think LeBron did. But I doubt that will be the case. If it is, then well [expletive]. But we'll need to wait till the 2019 free agency.

IF by 2019, Klay and Durant stay in Golden State, Kawhi still isn't the same, and Butler and Cousins decide somewhere other than Los Angeles, than the FO will have to majorly change their approach in free agency as well as their approach in extending their young talents we groomed, so that it doesn't happen again.

Either way, we either land another max, or the FO learns a valuable lesson. So win/win, if you look at it from that perspective.

You said the Lakers wouldn’t get LBJ and that they would learn a lesson this summer too. Well hot damn.

Kind of feel like he’s hoping we fail next summer so he can be right for once. Shame.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Could the Lakers have made better signings than every other follow up signing they've made post LeBron?

Yes.

Were Randle, and Boogie had at WAY under market value that the Lakers could have/should have capitalized on?

Yes.

If you take out the signings of McGee, Stephenson and KCP and you instead re-sign Randle for 2 seasons at below market value(anything under 12M) and sign Boogie whom called us... for the 5.3M he offered and still having the leftover to overpay Rondo for a 1 year. Is that a better off-season all around? Yes.

But the Lakers are tunnel visioning for the 2019 free agency and hoping lightning strikes twice.

Could they have re-signed Randle, got Boogie, and signed Rondo still? Yes, they would have just not needed to bring back KCP or bring in Stephenson or McGee and all three of those things could have happened.

But they didn't, the Lakers made their decision to tunnel vision for 2019 and have their cap open for them without committing anything past a single season. If it works out for them, great, if it doesn't, it will be a lesson learned.

You just hope they don't assume that future free agents would sign for the same reasons they think LeBron did. But I doubt that will be the case. If it is, then well [expletive]. But we'll need to wait till the 2019 free agency.

IF by 2019, Klay and Durant stay in Golden State, Kawhi still isn't the same, and Butler and Cousins decide somewhere other than Los Angeles, than the FO will have to majorly change their approach in free agency as well as their approach in extending their young talents we groomed, so that it doesn't happen again.

Either way, we either land another max, or the FO learns a valuable lesson. So win/win, if you look at it from that perspective.

You said the Lakers wouldn’t get LBJ and that they would learn a lesson this summer too. Well hot damn.

Kind of feel like he’s hoping we fail next summer so he can be right for once. Shame.

I agree with him in trying to keep Julius and get Boogie (I would have rolled those dice) but he's over looking how good Kuz is/needs big mins, that LeBron is transitioning to PF and adding Kawhi to this core is far better suited to beat GS than Boogie and Julius.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
55 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

I agree with him in trying to keep Julius and get Boogie (I would have rolled those dice) but he's over looking how good Kuz is/needs big mins, that LeBron is transitioning to PF and adding Kawhi to this core is far better suited to beat GS than Boogie and Julius.

Finding a way to keep Randle long term while finding a way to maintain a max spot next summer should have been the main priority post LeBron. But it’s clear the Lakers (wrongly) never valued Randle as a long term piece.

Lance at Cousins money was also a mistake. Map out the minutes & you will see the only way Lance plays is if he takes PT away from Ingram,Kuzma,KCP or Hart. Which he shouldn’t.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
55 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

Don’t understand this tunnel vision comment. If u told me that we will keep this team together one more year, I would be excited to see how much Ingram, Zo, Kuz, Hart, Randle get better from last season. Currently we lost Randle (hurt that we got nothing back), but u replace him with Lebron and still have Zo, Kuz, Hart and Ingram. Added a vet pg that can really run a team, added a def athletic center and a six man candidate player on top of keeping our flexibility to improve during the season or wait till next summer. Not only that we have a FO that value draft picks and getting value players out it for future asset and we still not satisfied and call our office Tunnel vision. Just make shake my head. We can’t keep all the players we love as fan, love Nance and Randle and I wish we still have them, but I need to look at the team as a whole and we are a much better team than what we have last year and can still get better with the asset and flexibility we still have.

Last edited by DLaker on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Quincy Acy and Dante Cunningham are available as small ball bigs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
2019 wrote:
55 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

Don’t understand this tunnel vision comment. If u told me that we will keep this team together one more year, I would be excited to see how much Ingram, Zo, Kuz, Hart, Randle get better from last season. Currently we lost Randle (hurt that we got nothing bad), but u replace him with Lebron ad still have Zo, Kuz, Hart and Ingram. Added a vet pg that can really run a team, added a def athletic center and a six man candidate player on top of keeping our flexibility to improve during the season or wait till next summer. Not only that we have a FO that value draft picks and getting value players out it for future asset and we still not satisfied and call our office Tunnel vision. Just make shake my head. We can’t keep all the players we love as fan, love Nance and Randle and I wish we still have them, but I need to look at the team as a whole and we are a much better team than what we have last year and can still get better with the asset and flexibility we still have.

I personally loved the idea of Randle and I would have kept him... no doubt.

I think the issue was they wanted keep cap space, and then once he asked to be renounced, Rob did what he was best for Julius to make a point to CAA and Mintz.

I also think mins would be hard to come by between Randle, Kuz, and LeBron unless you started Randle at C and played him only there.

I wanted to see Randle/Kuz/LeBron/BI/Lonzo and I agree letting him go could end up a mistake but I also don't think it's make or break by any means.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
2019 wrote:
55 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

Don’t understand this tunnel vision comment. If u told me that we will keep this team together one more year, I would be excited to see how much Ingram, Zo, Kuz, Hart, Randle get better from last season. Currently we lost Randle (hurt that we got nothing back), but u replace him with Lebron and still have Zo, Kuz, Hart and Ingram. Added a vet pg that can really run a team, added a def athletic center and a six man candidate player on top of keeping our flexibility to improve during the season or wait till next summer. Not only that we have a FO that value draft picks and getting value players out it for future asset and we still not satisfied and call our office Tunnel vision. Just make shake my head. We can’t keep all the players we love as fan, love Nance and Randle and I wish we still have them, but I need to look at the team as a whole and we are a much better team than what we have last year and can still get better with the asset and flexibility we still have.

I personally loved the idea of Randle and I would have kept him... no doubt.

I think the issue was they wanted keep cap space, and then once he asked to be renounced, Rob did what he was best for Julius to make a point to CAA and Mintz.

I also think mins would be hard to come by between Randle, Kuz, and LeBron unless you started Randle at C and played him only there.

I wanted to see Randle/Kuz/LeBron/BI/Lonzo and I agree letting him go could end up a mistake but I also don't think it's make or break by any means.

What’s wrong with putting high value on cap space. We don’t have an all star yet in our young core. It’s all assumption that they will be all star, but no guarantee they can reach that potential, so why not keep the option of getting another all star open. If our young core takes a huge step on development it will just make our option better, but if they don’t we are still in position to improve in other ways. Putting our money in Randle when u have Lebron and Kuz capable of playing that spot will limit the FO flexibility.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

^^ Randle would have been our starting center.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

A front court of Randle, Lebron and Ingram would have been a spacing nightmare for us offensively. Ingram/Bron could stretch the court on occasion, but pretty much all are mid-range and inside players with a need to be in the post or have ball in hand driving to the hoop. Not sure wed have had much spacing with that group unless Ingram's shot really developed significantly.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

A front court of Randle, Lebron and Ingram would have been a spacing nightmare for us offensively. Ingram/Bron could stretch the court on occasion, but pretty much all are mid-range and inside players with a need to be in the post or have ball in hand driving to the hoop. Not sure wed have had much spacing with that group unless Ingram's shot really developed significantly.

Zu and McGee provide spacing?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Any good agent would never shut the door on an opportunity without doing its due diligence. Even Lebron had his people meet with philly just to hear them out. Mintz not allowing or advising PG to even meet with the Lakers was a terrible job as an agent. Even if he really wanted to be in OKC, which I dont believe that he does, you still check all of the options. There is nothing that happened in OKC in a year that made PG go from being steadfast on being a Laker to not even take a meeting with him. That has Mintz fingerprints all over it and also goes to show you how weakmined PG is that he allowed Mintz and Westbrook's influence to make him feel so pressured that he didn't even take a meeting.

From the DLo incident, to PG and now Randle, if you believe that this wasn't personal on Mintz part and that he didn't play a huge part in how things played out, you are extremely gullible.

Now that we don't have any of his clients on our roster, good riddance.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Multiple trades that could still make sense...

Kings trade: Willy Cauley-Stein, Iman Shumpert
Lakers trade: Luol Deng, Ivica Zubac, 2019 First Round Pick, 2 future 2nd round picks

Suns trade: Tyson Chandler, Jared Dudley
Lakers trade: Luol Deng, Ivica Zubac, 2019 First Round Pick, 2nd round pick
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Year 3, 21 year old Zubac is gonna be nice.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Javale Mcgee. 100%

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Any good agent would never shut the door on an opportunity without doing its due diligence. Even Lebron had his people meet with philly just to hear them out. Mintz not allowing or advising PG to even meet with the Lakers was a terrible job as an agent. Even if he really wanted to be in OKC, which I dont believe that he does, you still check all of the options. There is nothing that happened in OKC in a year that made PG go from being steadfast on being a Laker to not even take a meeting with him. That has Mintz fingerprints all over it and also goes to show you how weakmined PG is that he allowed Mintz and Westbrook's influence to make him feel so pressured that he didn't even take a meeting.

From the DLo incident, to PG and now Randle, if you believe that this wasn't personal on Mintz part and that he didn't play a huge part in how things played out, you are extremely gullible.

Now that we don't have any of his clients on our roster, good riddance.

I think Maginka didn't want him, and PG13 and Mintz knew it. I'm guessing the Lakers told them they are going a different route, and so PG13 made his announcement that night to control the narrative. Maybe we are doing them a solid by letting them control it. Most are just making the assumption he spurned us. That's because the media has pushed him down our throats for 2 yrs. The same way Lonzo was pushed our way, and seemingly we had no choice but to draft him. I still think it's the right pick, but nevertheless, the media pushed him towards us. I felt from the beginning he ain't worth the max and that he'll be a drain. But people kept saying you gotta get one first, then others will follow. The idea is that Bron wouldn't come here without PG13. Turns out that wasn't the case at all, and when Maginka knew Bron was in the bag, then they started thinking bigger.

PG13 has always been about desperation to me. A so-so super star, but just because he wanted to go home, everyone was like we gotta jump on this because nobody wants to come here. OKC has lost Durant and Hardin, and watched three of their picks win back to back to back MVPs. They were even more desperate, and now they've signed on for eternal mediocrity.

I'm pretty happy how things turned out, with exception of losing Julius. We now have flexibility for a real max guy next year.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2591, 2592, 2593 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2592 of 2680
Jump to: