OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2596, 2597, 2598 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Asik was traded last trade deadline when he had 1 year @11m and 3m guaranteed contract remaining.

thats 14m traded for 1st rd pick. Mirotić was also included in that deal.

I am fine us trading Deng(18.8)/1st/2nd to bulls for R lopez at trade deadline.

similar deal

last years market may not be this years market....like I said, I think many teams are fooling themselves right now thinking they can use their cap space to sign FA's next summer....that may soften over time. Teams just do stupid things in my opinion...if I was Chicago, I would have taken that Lavine and Parker money and used it to collect future assets....then hit the FA market in 2020 a a collection of draft assets.

bulls was an example. U think a team like ATL won't do that trade? for somebody like Dedmon and filler?

I really have no good feel for how the market will develop over the next year. I felt like I had a good idea going into this summer.....but I have little opinion going forward as of now.

One mistake that some may make is to think it will be a pure supply and demand market....teams with more cap space will make it less costly to dump money.....but it is not always real supply and real demand that shape the market....often it is perceived supply and perceived demand of the players involved....and as long as teams perceive they can use their cap space to sign a star, they will be reluctant to take on bad money with that cap space.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

I looked at exp deals we can trade for, and no one excites me that much.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

r lopez doesn't excite you? what you want an allstar expirer coming back?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Asik was traded last trade deadline when he had 1 year @11m and 3m guaranteed contract remaining.

similar deal

last years market may not be this years market....like I said, I think many teams are fooling themselves right now thinking they can use their cap space to sign FA's next summer....that may soften over time. Teams just do stupid things in my opinion...if I was Chicago, I would have taken that Lavine and Parker money and used it to collect future assets....then hit the FA market in 2020 a a collection of draft assets.

bulls was an example. U think a team like ATL won't do that trade? for somebody like Dedmon and filler?

I really have no good feel for how the market will develop over the next year. I felt like I had a good idea going into this summer.....but I have little opinion going forward as of now.

One mistake that some may make is to think it will be a pure supply and demand market....teams with more cap space will make it less costly to dump money.....but it is not always real supply and real demand that shape the market....often it is perceived supply and perceived demand of the players involved....and as long as teams perceive they can use their cap space to sign a star, they will be reluctant to take on bad money with that cap space.

there always will be couple of teams that are rebuilding and looking to get assets for expiring contracts
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

Even with tight cap space this summer, the Kings have 19m lying around doing nothing.

Next summer, with more cap space, there will be many more teams come mid-July that have nothing but cap space. Why not get a first rounder (albeit late 1st) to take on Deng for basically 12m (assuming Lakers pay out 5m in cash with deal)?
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
Following Following @ShamsCharania
More
Free agent Dante Cunningham is finalizing a one-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

r lopez doesn't excite you? what you want an allstar expirer coming back?

I’m talking about overall, but yeah if teams were willing to trade there exp for picks and Deng there is definitely guys we can use.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

eagles nut wrote:
Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
More
Free agent Dante Cunningham is finalizing a one-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo.

Solid pick-up.. I think Alex Len will be signing with someone soon, he’s to good for his value to dry up... and for teams to ignore.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Even with tight cap space this summer, the Kings have 19m lying around doing nothing.

Next summer, with more cap space, there will be many more teams come mid-July that have nothing but cap space. Why not get a first rounder (albeit late 1st) to take on Deng for basically 12m (assuming Lakers pay out 5m in cash with deal)?

I can definitely see the market loosening next summer when several teams realize they are not signing Kyrie, Jimmy Butler, etc....they question I am unsure of is will some of them reach this conclusion sooner....say by the trade deadline.....they should, but just not sure.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

similar deal

there always will be couple of teams that are rebuilding and looking to get assets for expiring contracts

There will also be a lot of expiring contracts
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

The Spurs picking up guys like Belly and Cunningham are good insurance moves in case they need vets in a rebuilding situation.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
eagles nut wrote:
Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
More

Solid pick-up.. I think Alex Len will be signing with someone soon, he’s to good for his value to dry up... and for teams to ignore.

i have no idea why Alex Len is not receiving any interest. haven't heard a single word
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I can definitely see the market loosening next summer when several teams realize they are not signing Kyrie, Jimmy Butler, etc....they question I am unsure of is will some of them reach this conclusion sooner....say by the trade deadline.....they should, but just not sure.

one thing we have on our side is no other team will have significant leverage....as in we can sign a max FA without having to trade Deng.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eagles nut wrote:
Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
More

i have no idea why Alex Len is not receiving any interest. haven't heard a single word

single word for you.....stiff
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

one thing we have on our side is no other team will have significant leverage....as in we can sign a max FA without having to trade Deng.

Right. We can say, "hey, take Deng + cash and get a 1st rounder...or we'll just stretch Deng if worse comes to worse."
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right. We can say, "hey, take Deng + cash and get a 1st rounder...or we'll just stretch Deng if worse comes to worse."

and we can literally get a FA to commit first....then still have time to offload Deng before they sign.....gives us the ability to offer "take it or leave it" deals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

and we can literally get a FA to commit first....then still have time to offload Deng before they sign.....gives us the ability to offer "take it or leave it" deals.

Absolutely. And if we can get someone to bite, doesn't that give us something like 12-13m in additional space + max FA + room exception?

That's how you build a contender IMO. Add 3 FA pieces with 1) max FA; 2) 12-13m vet or split that; 3) another room exception player on top of our young core.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Absolutely. And if we can get someone to bite, doesn't that give us something like 12-13m in additional space + max FA + room exception?

That's how you build a contender IMO. Add 3 FA pieces with 1) max FA; 2) 12-13m vet or split that; 3) another room exception player on top of our young core.

or divide that 12/13m into KCP + Rondo again next year
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

or divide that 12/13m into KCP + Rondo again next year

If we're chasing KL/Klay/Butler, would probably need a better center and a backup PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

Brief look at UFA centers in 2019 worth consideration:

Lopez (either Robin or Brook)
Vucevic
Tyson Chandler
Dedmon

Slim pickings.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still would like to trade Deng if possible before the season and get an expirer back. where the other team is left with deng as an expirer

R Lopez
Zack Randolph
Henson
Asik
Tyson Chandler/Dudley
Dedmon or Plumlee

concentrating on center's for now
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:

Vucevic
Tyson Chandler
Dedmon

Slim pickings.

DeMarcus Cousins
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

eagles nut wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Vucevic
Tyson Chandler
Dedmon

Slim pickings.

DeMarcus Cousins

I'm talking about the 12-13m in cap space we'd have after getting a max FA wing. Boogie isn't taking that little.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised Okafor is still out there...he has his limitations and really is more of a throwback but as a second or third string center? Surprising no one has picked him...even if it's just to have the option to have a different look and slow things down
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

It is exciting time to be a Lakers fan. The Lakers jumped to number 7 in Bleacher Report rankings. This is from 27 or something. What a change!!!
And some people argue that the Lakers should be number 3 behind Houston and GSW if the young core jells with Lebron.
The key right now is not to give up any first round picks unless for a superstar. And see how the young core are good or not.
And next year a second max superstar FO can be added to the young core making a true contender to GSW.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2596, 2597, 2598 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2597 of 2680
Jump to: