OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2607, 2608, 2609 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LMAO DeMar DeDorzan. He wanted to create legacy in Toronto instead of playing home in LA.

Traded to Spurs

Lol

I just posted the same in the Kawhi thread.

DeRozan blows off the Lakers to be loyal to Toronto and gets dealt to a rebuild in the flatlands a year later....

DeRozan didn't exactly "blow off" the Lakers. He was a FA and decided to stay with a team who could offer more money and who were building towards deeper playoff runs, instead of signing with a team who wanted him badly because they had nobody else.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/1019620334721556482
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LMAO DeMar DeDorzan. He wanted to create legacy in Toronto instead of playing home in LA.

Traded to Spurs

Lol

DeRozan blows off the Lakers to be loyal to Toronto and gets dealt to a rebuild in the flatlands a year later....

DeRozan didn't exactly "blow off" the Lakers. He was a FA and decided to stay with a team who could offer more money and who were building towards deeper playoff runs, instead of signing with a team who wanted him badly because they had nobody else.

I'm still glad we dodged that bullet.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Traded to Spurs

Lol

Its the exceptionalism talking. Some Laker fans don't understand that the players have free will.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

Guys. How could Droz blow us off when we quickly moved on Moz/Deng?
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Shroeder as a Westbrook backup is very interesting. If this is true, then I actually like their roster to be a top 3 team in the West. People like to clown them for falling on their faces last season, but that roster has a lot of talent, and it fits well together when you take away Anthony. Getting a talented young PG to be Westbrook's backup would give them a lot of depth.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Shroeder as a Westbrook backup is very interesting. If this is true, then I actually like their roster to be a top 3 team in the West. People like to clown them for falling on their faces last season, but that roster has a lot of talent, and it fits well together when you take away Anthony. Getting a talented young PG to be Westbrook's backup would give them a lot of depth.

agreed - I think it's a good move for both sides
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Traded to Spurs

Lol

Its the exceptionalism talking. Some Laker fans don't understand that the players have free will.

Just like some don't want to accept that the Lakers just weren't in a position to start winning games yet. We were still a few years away from being a few years away.

Timing is everything.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If you're KL, and you just saw how the Raps traded DRoz, would you honestly trust the Clips FO who did the same thing to Blake Griffin?

I would know that the FO who signed Griffin wasn’t the one that traded him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

yep good move on both sides.

Carmelo gets bought out in Atlanta, Dennis goes to OKC as a backup to Westbrook which is a very solid backup option.

All OKC really needs now is a legitimate 2/3 option. One that can play either the 2 or the 3 while George plays the alternative.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm very interested to see how healthy KL is going to be.

Let him play a few months. If he's completely healthy, and still wants to be a Laker, I can see the Lakers making a play for him. Deng would have to be included for salary matching purposes too.

If he decides to sit out in TOR I will see it as a bit fishy. Almost like he is trying to hide something until he can get another deal.

Or he is unethical. Either way, pass.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If you're KL, and you just saw how the Raps traded DRoz, would you honestly trust the Clips FO who did the same thing to Blake Griffin?

I would know that the FO who signed Griffin wasn’t the one that traded him.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's still a gross amount of tax to pay for OKC without relief until 2021. But if they're willing to do it for a second round playoff team, getting decent - if overpaid - depth for Melo's expiring and a future 1st isn't terrible.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Good backup, horrible, horrible contract.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's still a gross amount of tax to pay for OKC without relief until 2021. But if they're willing to do it for a second round playoff team, getting decent - if overpaid - depth for Melo's expiring and a future 1st isn't terrible.

I thought they wanted to save 70-80m in salary/luxury + repeater taxes by getting rid of Melo. Makes no sense to me.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

The Spurs shooting is terrible. They have like on potential starter that can shoot over 31% from 3.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

I think Atlanta can get more for Schroder + Muscala than Melo's expiring contract when they already have tons of cap space. I'm sure another team might offer some picks or 1/2 useful rotation players for that.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I thought they wanted to save 70-80m in salary/luxury + repeater taxes by getting rid of Melo. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Stretch seems the most likely, the only trade that may happen would be for a contract to make the hit more managable.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
I think Atlanta can get more for Schroder + Muscala than Melo's expiring contract when they already have tons of cap space. I'm sure another team might offer some picks or 1/2 useful rotation players for that.

Deng, Zubac + pick?

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep. Even just buying out Melo and getting nothing in return for him I think would vastly improve that team already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

Schroeder would be effectively paid 40m+ a year to be WB's backup (when you factor in luxury + repeater tax)? I don't buy this.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

I can see OKC throwing Shroeder and Westbrook out there together. That would give them 3 playmakers on the floor with PG locking down opposing wings.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Stretch seems the most likely, the only trade that may happen would be for a contract to make the hit more managable.

I assume they stretch Melo, as well, but I don't have a sense of what anyone's motivation in OKC is anymore. They're not completely fiscally irresponsible, but they're also not as scared of their massive tax bill as they should be.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1019665051207249921?s=21

Sixers
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
I can see OKC throwing Shroeder and Westbrook out there together. That would give them 3 playmakers on the floor with PG locking down opposing wings.

RW didnt shared the playmaking with KD and he is going to share it with some guy Shroeder?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2607, 2608, 2609 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2608 of 2680
Jump to: