OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 465, 466, 467 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Would Cleveland possibly be stupid enough to trade the Brooklyn pick for Lopez + sweeteners?

Thought you were gonna leave these things to the experts, or did I misunderstand your statement?

Either way, yeah they ain't doing it.

Lol.... actually it was just something that I thought was interesting....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think the reason why we haven’t traded Randle and Clarkson yet is because we are waiting to use them in a Cousins trade or else I don’t think it would be hard to trade them for exp contracts.

Worth a shot. If Cousins doesn’t commit to NO, I think he is made available prior to trade deadline.

Competing in the playoffs is part of the Pelicans plan to get Cousins to commit.

Once again, that’s your opinion. If they don’t get commitment before deadline, he could get dealt. There is no absolute fact here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
1. Why would the Bulls trade Lavine? And why would the Lakers trade Ingram for him (a downgrade), especially when he's still being baby-stepped from ACL surgery?

2. Your only real shot at him is in free agency, where the Bulls will most certainly match. They have like 60 mil in cap room this offseason (assuming they renounce Mirotic).

It's not happening, guys.

Not related to your point but Chicago would be wise to deal Mirotic after this season, when he has to agree to a trade. Next season that goes away and would open up more trade prospects.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think the reason why we haven’t traded Randle and Clarkson yet is because we are waiting to use them in a Cousins trade or else I don’t think it would be hard to trade them for exp contracts.

Worth a shot. If Cousins doesn’t commit to NO, I think he is made available prior to trade deadline.

Competing in the playoffs is part of the Pelicans plan to get Cousins to commit.

Once again, that’s your opinion. If they don’t get commitment before deadline, he could get dealt. There is no absolute fact here.

1. Why would he commit before the deadline? Commit to what? He's a UFA. It's not like he has a year to opt into. What's he gonna do? Cross his heart and hope to die?

2. The Pelicans are walking a tightrope with AD as it is. He's dying to make the postseason and they're presently in the 6th seed. Barring a trade of equivalent talent, moving Cousins nukes your playoff hopes, further alienates Davis and only increases the likelihood you're having to trade him next year, which they don't want to do, given how hard it is for small market teams to get guys like him the first place.

I'd put the odds of a Cousins trade at about the same <1% odds of the Lakers trading Ingram for Lavine.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

1. Why would he commit before the deadline? Commit to what? He's a UFA. It's not like he has a year to opt into. What's he gonna do? Cross his heart and hope to die?

2. The Pelicans are walking a tightrope with AD as it is. He's dying to make the postseason and they're presently in the 6th seed. Barring a trade of equivalent talent, moving Cousins nukes your playoff hopes, further alienates Davis and only increases the likelihood you're having to trade him next year, which they don't want to do, given how hard it is for small market teams to get guys like him the first place.

I'd put the odds of a Cousins trade at about the same <1% odds of the Lakers trading Ingram for Lavine.

So you're saying there's a chance?

jk : )
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Woj has reported as much, and that Davis and Holiday have recruited him all season. But I really doubt that any player commits for the 2018-2019 season in the next 3 weeks.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yup.

Unless they get their minds blown by an amazing offer, both OKC and NO have ZERO reason to trade Cousins or PG. I mean, there is incentive not to lose them for nothing, which both gave up young assets for, but they made those moves to help placate the stars (WB and AD) who they want desperately to keep and keep happy, but also to win games and hopefully be at full strength come playoffs. As long as both are making the playoffs, which they both will, they are willing to roll the dice that their guys perform and they can keep George and DMC.

In other words, good/bad/ugly, they are willing to roll the dice.

We'll have a very real opportunity to sign both Cousins and PG this summer.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

It's that time of year again guys. Teams are going to scoff at all of our offers like our players are pure garbage then turn around and offer them max or near max in the off-season.

My free agent priority list (in order) would be Cousins and George [no way in hell is Lebron leaving Cleveland].

But as per usual, teams won't want to trade us. Is Houston and Dallas our only trade partners?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
It's that time of year again guys. Teams are going to scoff at all of our offers like our players are pure garbage then turn around and offer them max or near max in the off-season.

My free agent priority list (in order) would be Cousins and George [no way in hell is Lebron leaving Cleveland].

But as per usual, teams won't want to trade us. Is Houston and Dallas our only trade partners?

PG13 and Cousins aren’t going to be traded IMO, Deandre Jordan is probably the big name who’s going to move and he’s not coming here.

If we want to get out from the Clarkson or Randle contracts, we will have to give them away for an expiring contract...we will get little to nothing in return. Both have a negative BMP, one is overpaid and the other one is looking to be overpaid. Honestly, we have have to include a sweetener like Zubac or the 2nd round pick we have this year to move one or both of them.

We are probably good to move both off the roster if we can get a backup PG in return.

Randle for Noel + Devin Harris would be a win for us. A project Center and a backup PG. Kuzma/Nance play PF the rest of the way...Noel backs lopez up.

For Clarkson, I think a team like Milwaukee would be interested. Maybe Clarkson for Jabari Parker and a 2nd rounder or two. Jabari can rehab here and he should be around after the all star break to audition for a spot here next season.

Those are best case scenarios for us...we’ll see what happens.
AJChang617
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Nance, clarkson, zu for Hood/Favors i would love to do.

Favors is underrated and only 26 years old. Hood is a shooter next to lonzo or from bench
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

AJChang617 wrote:
Nance, clarkson, zu for Hood/Favors i would love to do.

Favors is underrated and only 26 years old. Hood is a shooter next to lonzo or from bench

I wouldn’t have call that trade possible, but I heard Jazz fans have turned on Hood and were even booing him during Jazz games... I think your trade is possible and realistic...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

That trade wouldn’t be possible if Hood was having a break out season but he’s been a disappoint and Favors is guaranteed to walk and the Jazz might opt to trade him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Cavs get:

Clarkson
Randle
Hart

Lakers Get:
JR Smith
Frye
Holland
Nets Pick

Who says no?

The Cavs, after they call almost any other team and let them know the Nets pick is available. Which, if it is, will be used to get a star. Not 3 role players.

That's fair. I think it's an okay deal. They get a starting 2 guard, and two players that can switch on almost anything on defense.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

PG13 and Cousins aren’t going to be traded IMO, Deandre Jordan is probably the big name who’s going to move and he’s not coming here.

If we want to get out from the Clarkson or Randle contracts, we will have to give them away for an expiring contract...we will get little to nothing in return. Both have a negative BMP, one is overpaid and the other one is looking to be overpaid. Honestly, we have have to include a sweetener like Zubac or the 2nd round pick we have this year to move one or both of them.

We are probably good to move both off the roster if we can get a backup PG in return.

Randle for Noel + Devin Harris would be a win for us. A project Center and a backup PG. Kuzma/Nance play PF the rest of the way...Noel backs lopez up.

For Clarkson, I think a team like Milwaukee would be interested. Maybe Clarkson for Jabari Parker and a 2nd rounder or two. Jabari can rehab here and he should be around after the all star break to audition for a spot here next season.

Say no to Nerlens. There has to be a reason he can't get any damn playing time. Besides, if we get Cousins, do we trust Noels as our backup when Boogie gets ejected?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Updating my percentages today.

PG: 70%
Randle: 40%
LBJ: 35%
Cousins: 35%
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's fine. Point being is that NO ONE knows what the pelicans will do. He could be dealt or they could hold on to him and make a run.

It's all a guess right now, whether it's WOJ, LG or Cousins' mom, etc.

Based on vibe/educated guesses, just my opinion:

1. OKC holds on to PG13 and sees what happens
2. Pelicans hold on to Cousins to make AD happy.

I am pretty confident both PG13 and Cousins are not going to commit as both want to test FA.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

What do you guys think about this trade?

Lakers trade:Clarkson
Lakers get:Frye and Payton

Cavs trade:Thomas and Frye
Cavs get:Clarkson

Magic trade:Payton
Magic get:Thomas
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Will Philly do:

Amir Johnson + their other 1st round pick

for:

Jordan Clarkson + Zubac + 2nd round

Are they dumb enough?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Your hero Woj is the one who reported it.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

SDLakersFan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

Say no to Nerlens. There has to be a reason he can't get any damn playing time. Besides, if we get Cousins, do we trust Noels as our backup when Boogie gets ejected?

Yes, but you wouldn't spend on Noel if you got Boogie.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

I bet we end up trading JC somewhere for an expiring K and second round pick. And that's it. Not getting my hopes up again.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
I bet we end up trading JC somewhere for an expiring K and second round pick. And that's it. Not getting my hopes up again.

I doubt that there is a team that would give up an ending contract for JC unless maybe we add a lightly protected first rounder. At least not by this trade deadline in the next 23 days. Even the big spenders value ending contracts.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

been saying this all the while.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Your hero Woj is the one who reported it.

Things can change with the TD approaching.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 465, 466, 467 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 466 of 2680
Jump to: