OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1118, 1119, 1120 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Cavs don't have another gear like last year. You just can't replace a player like Kyrie.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Cavs bounced in the 2nd round, OKC bounced in the 1st round.

PG and LBJ to LA.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:
They are playing this Demonta Murray kid up like he is the next superstar for the Spurs.

I liked him a lot in college and thought it was such a “Spurs pick” in his draft. Very raw coming to the NBA but an insane amount of potential and Pop is the perfect teacher for him.

Agree on Murray. That is why I never got the “Leonard will want out because the Spurs are old” talk. They are doing a good job incorporating young players into the lineup.

I imagine the Spurs will be back on track if they can select another Murray-like prospect in the draft. I think there lack of long term depth in the big men area is what they’re lacking right now.
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerLogic wrote:
Cavs bounced in the 2nd round, OKC bounced in the 1st round.

PG and LBJ to LA.

Sounds about right.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

OKC tied on the Loss column with the Clippers.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

I still think KL could ask for a trade this summer. It sounds like that relationship is pretty bad.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

The Clippers got some decent pieces for that bum Griffin.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

If PG13 told OKC he was going to the Lakers, would he make more money long term actually opting in to his contract and then getting traded?

When would he need to make a decision to Opt-in by?
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

The Clippers got some decent pieces for that bum Griffin.

I haven't had a "player I simply despise" in a very long time, but Blake has clinched that spot. Off the court probably a funny/nice yet insecure guy, everything about his body language, treatment of officials, his Kardashian/Jenner lifestyle, breaking his hand on a friend's face because he got roasted too much, it's just... UGH

We're spoiled as Lakers fans when you consider many teams, especially Detroit's, situation over the next 4-5 years.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I still think KL could ask for a trade this summer. It sounds like that relationship is pretty bad.

The second Lebron leaves, Love would be in the trade market regardless. Cavs would be forced to start from scratch. However there salary situation would be very dire with loaded contracts like Jr Smith, Tristan Thompson, Jordan Clarkson, George Hill, Kyle Korver, Rodney Hood gonna ask for a good amount of cash, etc.

Not that I think it matters THAT much considering this is the Cavs we are talking about. They are and will never be an attractive destination for ANY star free agent even with Lebron there. But that organization is gonna be paying a huge bill for the next few years.

Which also means it could finally be the end of Dan Gilbert as he would probably be forced to sell the team. And thank god if/when that happens. Gilbert is one of the biggest piece of (bleep) owners in sports.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
If PG13 told OKC he was going to the Lakers, would he make more money long term actually opting in to his contract and then getting traded?

He wouldn't make more money. It's a 10 million gap for the first year between a new max contract and opting in. He would also opt out in 2020 to cash in on a bigger max deal so 5 vs 4 years and their raises doesn't really matter that much. He makes the decision before free agency starts. Late June IIRC.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

He wouldn't make more money. It's a 10 million gap for the first year between a new max contract and opting in. He would also opt out in 2020 to cash in on a bigger max deal so 5 vs 4 years and their raises doesn't really matter that much. He makes the decision before free agency starts. Late June IIRC.

Are you sure?

If he signed with the Lakers next year for the 30% max, it would be 3 years before the Lakers can sign him to the 35% max and 8% annual raises unless we have enough money under the cap to sign him to the 35% max (unlikely).

Year 1: 30.3 (101 cap)
Year 2: 31.8 (5% raise)
Year 3: 33.4 (5% raise)
Year 4: Bird rights, so 35% of the cap.

If he is traded, Lakers retain his Bird rights.

Year 1: 20.5
Year 2: 37.8 (35% of 108 cap)
Year 3: 40.8 (8% raise)

In scenario 2, he makes $4m more and gives the Lakers $10 in cap space this off-season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:

The second Lebron leaves, Love would be in the trade market regardless. Cavs would be forced to start from scratch. However there salary situation would be very dire with loaded contracts like Jr Smith, Tristan Thompson, Jordan Clarkson, George Hill, Kyle Korver, Rodney Hood gonna ask for a good amount of cash, etc.

Not that I think it matters THAT much considering this is the Cavs we are talking about. They are and will never be an attractive destination for ANY star free agent even with Lebron there. But that organization is gonna be paying a huge bill for the next few years.

Which also means it could finally be the end of Dan Gilbert as he would probably be forced to sell the team. And thank god if/when that happens. Gilbert is one of the biggest piece of (bleep) owners in sports.

If he sold I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebron put a group together to buy the Cavs.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Are you sure?

If he signed with the Lakers next year for the 30% max, it would be 3 years before the Lakers can sign him to the 35% max and 8% annual raises unless we have enough money under the cap to sign him to the 35% max (unlikely).

In scenario 2, he makes $4m more and gives the Lakers $10 in cap space this off-season.

If he signs with us this summer, we would have Early-Bird rights for him in 2020 so we can sign him for 175% of his previous salary. That should be enough.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

KL = Kwhai Leonard!!!!!!!!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:

If he sold I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebron put a group together to buy the Cavs.

Whatever gets Dan Gilbert out. That man should not own a sports team ever again.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerMindLA wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Are you sure?

He has to play 2 more seasons after this one to qualify as a 10 year vet and get 35%. So that would be in 2020.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Oh. Whoops.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
32 wrote:
I don't know what to make of the EC. Seems like Cleveland, Boston and Toronto are all about even.

I think you could basically throw Washington in that mix too, even if they're a half step off the pace. When you have that kind of parity, that's when coaching makes the biggest difference (for the playoffs).

Brooks, Lue, Stevens, Casey. Which one stands out .

Once the playoffs start we will likely see the Cavs separate themselves, as they did last season.

I could see that happening, especially if Love is playing well. LeBron's load has been extra heavy this year without Kyrie though and he's going for his 8th consecutive finals. I could also see him burning out in the playoffs without a legit #2 that can create without LeBron setting the table.

I actually think Lue should consider throttling back his minutes at some point.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:

Oh. Whoops.

Sorry. At one point some of us agreed to use KL because nobody can spell his first name right.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:

Oh. Whoops.

Sorry. At one point some of us agreed to use KL because nobody can spell his first name right.

Sometimes I spell it Kawaii. Which is Japanese for the English word “cute”.

Freaking kept calling him “Cute Leonard”.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

I am going to have to disagree with the reported demise of the Cavs. Despite the loss today they are a much better team then before and when Love returns it just adds another proven vet to the mix.

My prediction is they go to the Finals again. And more then likely Lebron stays in CLE too. Arguably the more ready win now team and in the East for an easier path to the Finals for a couple more years.

Curious where the Clarkson is a pathetic ball hog narrative came from? He scored 17pts in 23 mins shooting 50% from the field. Isn’t that what a sixth man offensive spark supposed to do? His 3 straight 3s in the the third changed the game for the Cavs.

The Spurs played great defense and “team” ball to win. Cavs lost when it turned into Lebron ball in the fourth. Multiple possessions of him turning over, getting offensive fouls or taking bad shots and complaining about getting fouled. On defense the Cavs were not defending well. Including Lebron giving up layups, getting outplayed by Aldridge and even committing a stupid foul and FTs at mid court because he looked too tired to keep up.

This is the guy many of you can’t wait to give a max contract to? All the good chemistry and effort the current Lakers are starting to show for a chance at declining “ Lebron” ball?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

The East is pathetic. Of course the Cavs are going back to the Finals. Kevin Love is posting prime Pau Gasol stats. Lebron isn’t playing with multiple “Team USA” teammates for the first time this decade, (cue the violin music), but that doesn’t mean they won’t steamroll through their conference again. Their toughest opponent, this decade, was last years Raptors.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Avery Bradley could get season ending hernia surgery.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:

an active player can't be an owner
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1118, 1119, 1120 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1119 of 2680
Jump to: