OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1445, 1446, 1447 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127759
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I'm confused with the logic.

The asset rich Celtics should not trade for Leonard because it "too risky" but the Lakers should?


No. The logic is, you use that for guys who are under contract.

They did with Irving.

Doubt they do that with KL who would be an impending FA. So if he bolts, you traded away what should have been for a guy under contract.


But teams do this when they are trying to win. Miami gave up the top pick for Love.


You mean Cleveland? And I doubt Cle got Love for one yr. Plus, LeBron wanted Love so even if Love left, they got LeBron to sign w/ them.

Look at Cle this yr. They held onto that Brooklyn pick because they had no assurances LeBron would stay. They weren't willing to go "all in."


I was referencing a team in win now mode trading for a star who is a pending free agent. I don't think any of them were on the market when the Cavs were shopping this deadline.

Another example would be Houston and CP3. OKC and George.


Lakers and Dwight Howard
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 3433

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
The Celtics have a ton of assets to offer. Everyone talks about Brown and Tatum, but I would take Rozier before both of them. They also have the Kings pick for next year. Their problem is there is no space to fit KL in their cap and I do not see them trading any of their big 3.


As KL has seemingly found his "voice," what if he gives no reassurances that he wants to be a Celtic? Will the Celtics really give up that promising core for a 1 year rental? Too risky IMO. I'd use that treasure chest for a longer signed player like AD over a possible 1 year KL rental.


No they will not. They also do not have a clear path to get it done. They are not going to trade their big 3 for different reasons. There is no cap room for KL without trading one of them.


You don’t need cap room to make a trade.


Sorry, but last I checked, you can not make a trade that has you taking in more salary then sending out if you are above the cap?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127759
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
The Celtics have a ton of assets to offer. Everyone talks about Brown and Tatum, but I would take Rozier before both of them. They also have the Kings pick for next year. Their problem is there is no space to fit KL in their cap and I do not see them trading any of their big 3.


As KL has seemingly found his "voice," what if he gives no reassurances that he wants to be a Celtic? Will the Celtics really give up that promising core for a 1 year rental? Too risky IMO. I'd use that treasure chest for a longer signed player like AD over a possible 1 year KL rental.


No they will not. They also do not have a clear path to get it done. They are not going to trade their big 3 for different reasons. There is no cap room for KL without trading one of them.


You don’t need cap room to make a trade.


Sorry, but last I checked, you can not make a trade that has you taking in more salary then sending out if you are above the cap?


Why would you assume that is the case? Of course any trade would fit the CBA but cap space has nothing to do with that.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 30203

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

If the Clippers manage to snag Kawhi that would be nothing short of a heist....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 10404

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
If the Clippers manage to snag Kawhi that would be nothing short of a heist....


Props to Mr. West if he can get any all star
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
If the Clippers manage to snag Kawhi that would be nothing short of a heist....


Where did the Clippers talk come from?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127759
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If the Clippers manage to snag Kawhi that would be nothing short of a heist....


Where did the Clippers talk come from?


Rumors from reporters, surprised you didn’t know.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If the Clippers manage to snag Kawhi that would be nothing short of a heist....


Where did the Clippers talk come from?


Rumors from reporters, surprised you didn’t know.


Link me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Username
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 3550
Location: Out There

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
It's crazy your best player is in NY "rehabbing" while your team is in the playoffs and he's not on the bench.


There's clearly a divide there. Hard to blame Kawhi from my vantage point. The Spurs rushed him back too soon once. He is now talking control of his health and his career. You need to look no further than the Isaiah Thomas situation to see why Kawhi is probably extremely cautious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5760

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

Mysterious Kawhi Leonard saga leaves Spurs helpless against Warriors in playoff opener


Quote:

Consider the Los Angeles Clippers one of the many teams keeping tabs on the situation. The Clippers are planning a trade package if Leonard ultimately becomes available, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Landing Leonard – who grew up outside of Los Angeles in Moreno Valley, hails from San Diego State and is known to be a favorite of Clippers consultant Jerry West –
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Mysterious Kawhi Leonard saga leaves Spurs helpless against Warriors in playoff opener


Quote:

Consider the Los Angeles Clippers one of the many teams keeping tabs on the situation. The Clippers are planning a trade package if Leonard ultimately becomes available, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Landing Leonard – who grew up outside of Los Angeles in Moreno Valley, hails from San Diego State and is known to be a favorite of Clippers consultant Jerry West –


Thanks bard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

Obviously if Jerry is involved that changes the dynamics, it all depends rather Pop wants vet pieces like Tobias Harris/Lou or intriguing young pieces from teams like the Lakers or Celtics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127759
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
It's crazy your best player is in NY "rehabbing" while your team is in the playoffs and he's not on the bench.


There's clearly a divide there. Hard to blame Kawhi from my vantage point. The Spurs rushed him back too soon once. He is now talking control of his health and his career. You need to look no further than the Isaiah Thomas situation to see why Kawhi is probably extremely cautious.


Rushing him back from a quad injury resulted in a shoulder injury? My take is that he is being overly cautious before signing a super max contract.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127759
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If the Clippers manage to snag Kawhi that would be nothing short of a heist....


Where did the Clippers talk come from?


Rumors from reporters, surprised you didn’t know.


Link me


It was a Hoops Rumor article on Twitter. I can’t find it now.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
If the Clippers manage to snag Kawhi that would be nothing short of a heist....


Where did the Clippers talk come from?


Rumors from reporters, surprised you didn’t know.


Link me


It was a Hoops Rumor article on Twitter. I can’t find it now.


Bard took care of it, but thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5760

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

Heisler: James Harden is most valuable, Kawhi Leonard the most available (April 14)

Quote:

Missing all but nine games with a thigh injury the team doctor cleared him to play with in December, Leonard’s absence took the Spurs from elite to ordinary.

With reports blossoming of a split between Leonard and his uncle/manager and the team, the Spurs are reportedly set to trade Leonard.

Kawhi and uncle are also at odds with Nike, upset that the sneaker company was offering only a five-year $20 million extension and, supposedly, anxious to go to a big market. If all this makes Leonard look kooky, he’s only 26 and will promise never to do it again.

Hey, this is a big market, isn’t it?

Forget it. There’s no one the Spurs would be less likely to send Kawhi to than the Lakers, their traditional rivals … much less giving them the fire sale that the Spurs will have to accept wherever Kawhi goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Username
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 3550
Location: Out There

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
It's crazy your best player is in NY "rehabbing" while your team is in the playoffs and he's not on the bench.


There's clearly a divide there. Hard to blame Kawhi from my vantage point. The Spurs rushed him back too soon once. He is now talking control of his health and his career. You need to look no further than the Isaiah Thomas situation to see why Kawhi is probably extremely cautious.


Rushing him back from a quad injury resulted in a shoulder injury? My take is that he is being overly cautious before signing a super max contract.


The shoulder is irrelevant. The lingering problem has been the quad, which he was cleared for, subsequently reinjured after playing nine games, has now been cleared for again (but only by the same Spurs doctors who originally cleared him).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 3512

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

would love for clippers to trade their 2 lotto picks and then Kawahi bolt after a season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
would love for clippers to trade their 2 lotto picks and then Kawahi bolt after a season


Tobias/Lou and the 2 lotto picks is pretty enticing but I have a feeling if Kawhi gets traded Pop will retire so the Spurs are gonna want young pieces and picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 3512

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
would love for clippers to trade their 2 lotto picks and then Kawahi bolt after a season


Tobias/Lou and the 2 lotto picks is pretty enticing but I have a feeling if Kawhi gets traded Pop will retire so the Spurs are gonna want young pieces and picks.


who is kawahi coming to play with? Boban? Injured Galo? even if they somehow took the salary/player of harris
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
would love for clippers to trade their 2 lotto picks and then Kawahi bolt after a season


Tobias/Lou and the 2 lotto picks is pretty enticing but I have a feeling if Kawhi gets traded Pop will retire so the Spurs are gonna want young pieces and picks.


who is kawahi coming to play with? Boban? Injured Galo? even if they somehow took the salary/player of harris


Yeah, I have no idea why Clippers are mentioned as a possible destination, even if they trade for him and DJ and Bradley walk, they still won’t have enough cap to spend unless they get rid of Gallo’s contract and no one would be dumb enough to budge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 27996

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure he's milking the injury because he wants out of SA. I think he could play if he wanted to. He seems focused on money which is not a problem if he plays hard but what he is doing right now should give a bit of pause to potential suitors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127759
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
would love for clippers to trade their 2 lotto picks and then Kawahi bolt after a season


Tobias/Lou and the 2 lotto picks is pretty enticing but I have a feeling if Kawhi gets traded Pop will retire so the Spurs are gonna want young pieces and picks.


who is kawahi coming to play with? Boban? Injured Galo? even if they somehow took the salary/player of harris


It depends on who they could flip DJ for.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's milking the injury because he wants out of SA. I think he could play if he wanted to. He seems focused on money which is not a problem if he plays hard but what he is doing right now should give a bit of pause to potential suitors.


Like the others have said, let the Spurs suffer from the KL dilemma not us, if he’s cleared to be healthy during the summer, then no one will care about the Leonard and Spurs relationship going sour....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19928
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
would love for clippers to trade their 2 lotto picks and then Kawahi bolt after a season


Tobias/Lou and the 2 lotto picks is pretty enticing but I have a feeling if Kawhi gets traded Pop will retire so the Spurs are gonna want young pieces and picks.


who is kawahi coming to play with? Boban? Injured Galo? even if they somehow took the salary/player of harris


It depends on who they could flip DJ for.


It won’t matter cause if they S&T DJ he will block the deal just like you mentioned about Randle blocking a trade to Atlanta or any other destination that he might not like, it’s pretty clear that the Clippers trading for Kawhi will make things complicated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1445, 1446, 1447 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1446 of 2680
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB