OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1445, 1446, 1447 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I'm confused with the logic.

The asset rich Celtics should not trade for Leonard because it "too risky" but the Lakers should?

No. The logic is, you use that for guys who are under contract.

They did with Irving.

Doubt they do that with KL who would be an impending FA. So if he bolts, you traded away what should have been for a guy under contract.

But teams do this when they are trying to win. Miami gave up the top pick for Love.

You mean Cleveland? And I doubt Cle got Love for one yr. Plus, LeBron wanted Love so even if Love left, they got LeBron to sign w/ them.

Look at Cle this yr. They held onto that Brooklyn pick because they had no assurances LeBron would stay. They weren't willing to go "all in."

I was referencing a team in win now mode trading for a star who is a pending free agent. I don't think any of them were on the market when the Cavs were shopping this deadline.

Another example would be Houston and CP3. OKC and George.

Lakers and Dwight Howard
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
The Celtics have a ton of assets to offer. Everyone talks about Brown and Tatum, but I would take Rozier before both of them. They also have the Kings pick for next year. Their problem is there is no space to fit KL in their cap and I do not see them trading any of their big 3.

As KL has seemingly found his "voice," what if he gives no reassurances that he wants to be a Celtic? Will the Celtics really give up that promising core for a 1 year rental? Too risky IMO. I'd use that treasure chest for a longer signed player like AD over a possible 1 year KL rental.

No they will not. They also do not have a clear path to get it done. They are not going to trade their big 3 for different reasons. There is no cap room for KL without trading one of them.

You don’t need cap room to make a trade.

Sorry, but last I checked, you can not make a trade that has you taking in more salary then sending out if you are above the cap?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
The Celtics have a ton of assets to offer. Everyone talks about Brown and Tatum, but I would take Rozier before both of them. They also have the Kings pick for next year. Their problem is there is no space to fit KL in their cap and I do not see them trading any of their big 3.

As KL has seemingly found his "voice," what if he gives no reassurances that he wants to be a Celtic? Will the Celtics really give up that promising core for a 1 year rental? Too risky IMO. I'd use that treasure chest for a longer signed player like AD over a possible 1 year KL rental.

No they will not. They also do not have a clear path to get it done. They are not going to trade their big 3 for different reasons. There is no cap room for KL without trading one of them.

You don’t need cap room to make a trade.

Sorry, but last I checked, you can not make a trade that has you taking in more salary then sending out if you are above the cap?

Why would you assume that is the case? Of course any trade would fit the CBA but cap space has nothing to do with that.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

If the Clippers manage to snag Kawhi that would be nothing short of a heist....
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Props to Mr. West if he can get any all star
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Where did the Clippers talk come from?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Rumors from reporters, surprised you didn’t know.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Link me
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
It's crazy your best player is in NY "rehabbing" while your team is in the playoffs and he's not on the bench.

There's clearly a divide there. Hard to blame Kawhi from my vantage point. The Spurs rushed him back too soon once. He is now talking control of his health and his career. You need to look no further than the Isaiah Thomas situation to see why Kawhi is probably extremely cautious.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

Mysterious Kawhi Leonard saga leaves Spurs helpless against Warriors in playoff opener

Quote:

Consider the Los Angeles Clippers one of the many teams keeping tabs on the situation. The Clippers are planning a trade package if Leonard ultimately becomes available, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Landing Leonard – who grew up outside of Los Angeles in Moreno Valley, hails from San Diego State and is known to be a favorite of Clippers consultant Jerry West –
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Mysterious Kawhi Leonard saga leaves Spurs helpless against Warriors in playoff opener

Quote:

Consider the Los Angeles Clippers one of the many teams keeping tabs on the situation. The Clippers are planning a trade package if Leonard ultimately becomes available, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Landing Leonard – who grew up outside of Los Angeles in Moreno Valley, hails from San Diego State and is known to be a favorite of Clippers consultant Jerry West –

Thanks bard
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

Obviously if Jerry is involved that changes the dynamics, it all depends rather Pop wants vet pieces like Tobias Harris/Lou or intriguing young pieces from teams like the Lakers or Celtics.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
It's crazy your best player is in NY "rehabbing" while your team is in the playoffs and he's not on the bench.

There's clearly a divide there. Hard to blame Kawhi from my vantage point. The Spurs rushed him back too soon once. He is now talking control of his health and his career. You need to look no further than the Isaiah Thomas situation to see why Kawhi is probably extremely cautious.

Rushing him back from a quad injury resulted in a shoulder injury? My take is that he is being overly cautious before signing a super max contract.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Link me

It was a Hoops Rumor article on Twitter. I can’t find it now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Link me

It was a Hoops Rumor article on Twitter. I can’t find it now.

Bard took care of it, but thanks
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

Heisler: James Harden is most valuable, Kawhi Leonard the most available (April 14)

Quote:

Missing all but nine games with a thigh injury the team doctor cleared him to play with in December, Leonard’s absence took the Spurs from elite to ordinary.

With reports blossoming of a split between Leonard and his uncle/manager and the team, the Spurs are reportedly set to trade Leonard.

Kawhi and uncle are also at odds with Nike, upset that the sneaker company was offering only a five-year $20 million extension and, supposedly, anxious to go to a big market. If all this makes Leonard look kooky, he’s only 26 and will promise never to do it again.

Hey, this is a big market, isn’t it?

Forget it. There’s no one the Spurs would be less likely to send Kawhi to than the Lakers, their traditional rivals … much less giving them the fire sale that the Spurs will have to accept wherever Kawhi goes.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:

Rushing him back from a quad injury resulted in a shoulder injury? My take is that he is being overly cautious before signing a super max contract.

The shoulder is irrelevant. The lingering problem has been the quad, which he was cleared for, subsequently reinjured after playing nine games, has now been cleared for again (but only by the same Spurs doctors who originally cleared him).
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

would love for clippers to trade their 2 lotto picks and then Kawahi bolt after a season
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
would love for clippers to trade their 2 lotto picks and then Kawahi bolt after a season

Tobias/Lou and the 2 lotto picks is pretty enticing but I have a feeling if Kawhi gets traded Pop will retire so the Spurs are gonna want young pieces and picks.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Tobias/Lou and the 2 lotto picks is pretty enticing but I have a feeling if Kawhi gets traded Pop will retire so the Spurs are gonna want young pieces and picks.

who is kawahi coming to play with? Boban? Injured Galo? even if they somehow took the salary/player of harris
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

who is kawahi coming to play with? Boban? Injured Galo? even if they somehow took the salary/player of harris

Yeah, I have no idea why Clippers are mentioned as a possible destination, even if they trade for him and DJ and Bradley walk, they still won’t have enough cap to spend unless they get rid of Gallo’s contract and no one would be dumb enough to budge.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure he's milking the injury because he wants out of SA. I think he could play if he wanted to. He seems focused on money which is not a problem if he plays hard but what he is doing right now should give a bit of pause to potential suitors.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

It depends on who they could flip DJ for.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's milking the injury because he wants out of SA. I think he could play if he wanted to. He seems focused on money which is not a problem if he plays hard but what he is doing right now should give a bit of pause to potential suitors.

Like the others have said, let the Spurs suffer from the KL dilemma not us, if he’s cleared to be healthy during the summer, then no one will care about the Leonard and Spurs relationship going sour....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

It depends on who they could flip DJ for.

It won’t matter cause if they S&T DJ he will block the deal just like you mentioned about Randle blocking a trade to Atlanta or any other destination that he might not like, it’s pretty clear that the Clippers trading for Kawhi will make things complicated.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1445, 1446, 1447 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1446 of 2680
Jump to: