OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1449, 1450, 1451 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
So now we getting a team of all All-Star wings?

Bring on truly positionless basketball!

Ingram
George
Durant
Leonard
Antetokounmpo

NOW we talkin.

"One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong..." Let me switch out Zo for BI and I'm good

And btw, you get that Giannis is actually a modern center, because (as always) you know your ball. It's going to take the Bucks too long to realize that you put the Greek Freak at the 5 and surround him with shooters, which hopefully means a disgruntled Antetokounmpo hits free agency in 2022 and looks towards the City of Angels.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Ingram
George
Durant
Leonard
Antetokounmpo

NOW we talkin.

"One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong..." Let me switch out Zo for BI and I'm good

And btw, you get that Giannis is actually a modern center, because (as always) you know your ball. It's going to take the Bucks too long to realize that you put the Greek Freak at the 5 and surround him with shooters, which hopefully means a disgruntled Antetokounmpo hits free agency in 2022 and looks towards the City of Angels.

Isn’t Greek Freak legit 7 feet tall too?

Him at Center would be so unfair.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ingram
George
Durant
Leonard
Antetokounmpo

NOW we talkin.

Isn’t Greek Freak legit 7 feet tall too?

Him at Center would be so unfair.

Most likely he is much like KG who always wanted to be listed at 6'11 so he wasn't thought of as a center. But the NBA is so different today - KG would obviously be a C if he played now - and having a point-center who is also a near elite rim protector like Giannis would be a game changer. The Bucks are trying to find a floor-spacing 5 to pair with him, but it's going to be easier and probably more effective to just put him at center for most of the game even if they start a token traditional big like Zaza.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dang Ilyasova and Bellinelli shooting the lights out again.

to think they were both released. I know you and I both were on the JC for Belli/Sova train.

that lineup of Simmons + Saric + Sova + Belli + JJ is insane. We need shooters and lots of them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

to think they were both released. I know you and I both were on the JC for Belli/Sova train.

that lineup of Simmons + Saric + Sova + Belli + JJ is insane. We need shooters and lots of them.

Yeah. That was my favorite JC trade idea. Can never have enough shooters.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I do like what we ended up doing, though, even if Nance was a casualty.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I mean, neither Belly nor Sova fit the Lakers long-term timeline and the #25 pick could end up being another JC/Nance/Hart/Kuz draft steal or a sweetener to move Deng. And Belly/Sova can both be signed this summer for reasonable deals.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
I agree about Leonard not supporting his team is strange.

Could it be the result from the team meeting they had about a month ago. Sure that wasn't good.

Was Kobe at every game when he was recovering from the Achilles? I don’t remember seeing him there very often. A lot of injured players use that time for rehab.

Face palm was Kobe cleared to play and not there or was the injury new? Smh
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Could it be the result from the team meeting they had about a month ago. Sure that wasn't good.

Was Kobe at every game when he was recovering from the Achilles? I don’t remember seeing him there very often. A lot of injured players use that time for rehab.

That was a lottery team made up almost entirely of guys he barely knew and a coach he didn't like. This is a Spurs team of guys he's battled with in the playoffs. Notice Steph is at every game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I mean, neither Belly nor Sova fit the Lakers long-term timeline and the #25 pick could end up being another JC/Nance/Hart/Kuz draft steal or a sweetener to move Deng. And Belly/Sova can both be signed this summer for reasonable deals.

Fair points... but maybe those guys were enough to get us into the playoff race? Our major deficiency was shooting and we would have gotten that in spades. Besides, maybe if you throw in Nance, you still get a pick from Atlanta who also has #19 and #30.

Its a moot point but just a different perspective.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That was a lottery team made up almost entirely of guys he barely knew and a coach he didn't like. This is a Spurs team of guys he's battled with in the playoffs. Notice Steph is at every game.

I definitely recall him being there at the home games. I remember the camera panning to Kobe's reaction when Dwight had the meltdown in game 4.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed. But I think we win 40+ games with these two instead of IT/Frye. The 25th pick is really a nice consolation though. No doubt about that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Fair points... but maybe those guys were enough to get us into the playoff race? Our major deficiency was shooting and we would have gotten that in spades. Besides, maybe if you throw in Nance, you still get a pick from Atlanta who also has #19 and #30.

True. I just don't think JC had a positive value to get a 1st; add Nance and yeah we probably would get a 30th pick in return.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

True. I just don't think JC had a positive value to get a 1st; add Nance and yeah we probably would get a 30th pick in return.

IG was screaming that we should get Marco Bella-what's-his face all season. Maybe the other dude too.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

IG was screaming that we should get Marco Bella-what's-his face all season. Maybe the other dude too.

The goal was to get a 2018 1st to try to move Deng, Marco Bellasova wasn't it
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed. But I think we win 40+ games with these two instead of IT/Frye. The 25th pick is really a nice consolation though. No doubt about that.

I think the main motivation for trading JC for IT, was getting a guy on a expiring contract, who also was a lead guard. Putting the ball in IT's hand was better than Belly's shooting. Especially when you consider we didn't have lonzo to set Belly up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think the main motivation for trading JC for IT, was getting a guy on a expiring contract, who also was a lead guard. Putting the ball in IT's hand was better than Belly's shooting. Especially when you consider we didn't have lonzo to set Belly up.

True. But look at how decimated we were with injuries, and with IT, there was always the risk that the hip could flare up (which it did). I still love the Cavs trade, just saying that Belly/Illy was getting a lot of love from a few of us.

I don't think the Hawks wanted JC's 12.5m/year deal for a bench guard.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

True. But look at how decimated we were with injuries, and with IT, there was always the risk that the hip could flare up (which it did). I still love the Cavs trade, just saying that Belly/Illy was getting a lot of love from a few of us.

I don't think the Hawks wanted JC's 12.5m/year deal for a bench guard.

I think this would be the relevant issue....why would the Hawks want JC at this point....he is a contributor, but not a difference maker. All he does is likely help them win 2 or 3 more games which is not a good thing, and definitely not something they want to be paying for over the next couple years. If they were a 47ish win team....had some really good players, and thought they could not afford to resign their guys this summer, then yeah, JC would make sense in a trade for that team.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

So what is a realistic package the Lakers could offer for Leonard?

Ingram + Hart + 2018 Cavs pick + 2019 pick? Or is that too much?

Like to see what you all think?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Gosh.

I'm getting all sorts of contradictory vibes about KL.

He's such a great player when healthy. Top 5 level.

But this season is all sorts of red flags. If he's really hurt, red flag. If he's not hurt, but not willing to play for his team. Red flag.

Usually Spurs are the model franchise and the fact he seemingly wants out of it, a bit of a red flag too (Pop and LMA worked things out).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

That should get them to pick up the phone, that's better than K.Love trade
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Frye is lobbying for us to get a free agent. Plus he’s friends with LBJ. The higher pick is key though.

It’s also kinda cool seeing our guys on Nationsl TV competing in the playoffs.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Ingram is likely the best player/value coming back in any trade scenario for the Spurs, so I would think that puts us in the driver seat. Then again, if the Spurs want lottery picks plus a good player that’s not as good as Ingram, there’s really nothing we can do about that.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

I was here to ask the same thing.

I don't want to lose Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, or Ball. But it's the price of doing business. Windhorst said that Kawhi hold all the cards by threatening not to resign with teams he doesn't want to get traded to and the Lakers should be working out a package right now. He also said, having Kawhi already will make it easier to attract Lebron if Bron loses early.

I see a sign and trade of Julius Randle in the works. But who else would we have to give up? Kuzma is the only deal breaker for me. I know Ball probably has more upside than BI, and that Kawhi is what BI hopes to be. But I do love seeing BI at the point.

I would say... sign and trade Randle, Ball, & CLE 1st for Kawhi and whatever else is needed to make the pieces fit.

Now I'm preparing to get skewered.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

I feel the same.....unless that bridge is burned beyond repair which it sounds more like that than the injury. I mean if doctors cleared him months ago. Perhaps this is being instigated by Leonard's team of money grabbers who have a Goal of their client moving to a big market NOW and big shoe deal NOW - so they all can get paid. Actually feel Leonard might just be along for the ride and not really understanding the implications.

Perhaps I am wrong and he's smarter than that....

Perhaps he isn't and being manipulated....

I agree, the Spurs are top notch and that doesn't change with one malcontent.....

yinoma2001 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Gosh.

I'm getting all sorts of contradictory vibes about KL.

He's such a great player when healthy. Top 5 level.

But this season is all sorts of red flags. If he's really hurt, red flag. If he's not hurt, but not willing to play for his team. Red flag.

Usually Spurs are the model franchise and the fact he seemingly wants out of it, a bit of a red flag too (Pop and LMA worked things out).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1449, 1450, 1451 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1450 of 2680
Jump to: