OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1825, 1826, 1827 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
^ I wish we had ZL on this squad.

I was always high on ZL and thought he would be better than Randle before this year. Too bad he got injured
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg

Marcus Smart tells Jackie MacMullan he’s worth a summer splurge.

"To be honest, I'm worth more than $12-14 million. Just for the things I do on the court that don't show up on the stat sheet.”

That's what I like to hear from Celtics

No wonder they lost, the man was thinking about his contract before the game ended
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

"To be honest, I'm worth more than $12-14 million. Just for the things I do on the court that don't show up on the stat sheet.”

He ain’t wrong.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
CalisFinest wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

He gone

One of the few misses by the Celtics FO. I'm really glad now that we have got the consolation prize of Randle when most of us including myself wanted smart in 2014.

He wasn’t a miss.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
chantruong wrote:
CalisFinest wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

He gone

One of the few misses by the Celtics FO. I'm really glad now that we have got the consolation prize of Randle when most of us including myself wanted smart in 2014.

He wasn’t a miss.

You are right, it's way too early to call him a miss or a bust. He does a lot of good things on the court. His defense and toughness would be welcome on any team.

However ... there is one aspect of his game that is a "miss" - most of his shots. Too many misses. He absolutely needs to find a way to score more easily and efficiently if he really wants to reach his potential.

I wouldn't want to be the team that pays him $14 million per year, unless he is surrounded with gifted scorers and deadeye shooters that take all the scoring pressure off of him.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
epak wrote:

I was always high on ZL and thought he would be better than Randle before this year. Too bad he got injured

If we're talking about oft-injured young guards with potential from that draft, I'd rather the Lakers kick the tires on Exum. Better defender than Lavine right now, and his offensive efficiency ticked up a lot this season when he returned from injury. He's younger, and should be cheaper. And his agent coming into the league was Rob Pelinka, so maybe we'll have an angle. Utah can re-sign him or match any offers, but they're near the cap limit and have Rubio's contract for 2 more seasons.

Of course, Exum should be well down the free agent priority list, below PG13, Randle, and Lebron.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Soon many options though. It's good to be the Lakers FO this summer.

Lets pray the correct decisions are made
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
chantruong wrote:
epak wrote:

If we're talking about oft-injured young guards with potential from that draft, I'd rather the Lakers kick the tires on Exum. Better defender than Lavine right now, and his offensive efficiency ticked up a lot this season when he returned from injury. He's younger, and should be cheaper. And his agent coming into the league was Rob Pelinka, so maybe we'll have an angle. Utah can re-sign him or match any offers, but they're near the cap limit and have Rubio's contract for 2 more seasons.

Of course, Exum should be well down the free agent priority list, below PG13, Randle, and Lebron.

Oh man, I had no idea that Exum was entering the QO phase of his contract. I'd loooooove for us to give him a chance at being our SG of the future. Paired with Ball, we'd have an outstanding defensive backcourt that could also pass as well as any other team except Houston. Both players need a consistent jumper, but that may come in time.

I seem to remember that before he was drafted, Exum expressed a desire to play for the purple 'n gold, and I think Kobe was his favorite player. How much would we have to offer him for Utah not to match? I really hope we get him.

Edit: Yeah, he REALLY wanted to be drafted by our squad back in the day:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/could-exum-force-his-way-to-lakers-like-bryant/
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Soon many options though. It's good to be the Lakers FO this summer.

Lets pray the correct decisions are made

No need to pray. The FO hasn't made a wrong decision to date, and I believe the streak will continue.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Just spit balling Joe, but probably in the 12m+ range for Utah to think about letting Dante walk. They have all his medicals. Donovan can play PG and maybe Rubio (FA after next season) can be their long term starter. They’re hoping for a Curry like steal where he shows out at the start of a favorable deal.

But are you wanting him to start? 12m+ is a lot for a backup PG, I’d almost rather have smart for that because of the intangibles he brings. *almost
GODBE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

I'm thinking the Pacers will throw the max at Randle. He would be a nice fit alongside Turner and Oladipo. Maybe they make a trade for Rozier this offseason too.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Just spit balling Joe, but probably in the 12m+ range for Utah to think about letting Dante walk. They have all his medicals. Donovan can play PG and maybe Rubio (FA after next season) can be their long term starter. They’re hoping for a Curry like steal where he shows out at the start of a favorable deal.

But are you wanting him to start? 12m+ is a lot for a backup PG, I’d almost rather have smart for that because of the intangibles he brings. *almost

Absolutely I would want Exum to start - with KCP and Clarkson gone, there's a big hole at SG. The 3/4 spots are taken, and may even go deeper with a combination of P. George and/or Bron. Of course an offer for Exum should come after the top tier names are settled, but I'd like it to come together for us.

And under no circumstances do I want anything to do with Smart. There has to be some glimmer of hope in his outside shot, and I don't see it at all. He's also not a good play maker.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:

Absolutely I would want Exum to start - with KCP and Clarkson gone, there's a big hole at SG. The 3/4 spots are taken, and may even go deeper with a combination of P. George and/or Bron. Of course an offer for Exum should come after the top tier names are settled, but I'd like it to come together for us.

And under no circumstances do I want anything to do with Smart. There has to be some glimmer of hope in his outside shot, and I don't see it at all. He's also not a good play maker.
That would be a good defensive back court, but horrible shooting.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Godbe wrote:
I'm thinking the Pacers will throw the max at Randle. He would be a nice fit alongside Turner and Oladipo. Maybe they make a trade for Rozier this offseason too.

How much cap space will they have?
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Godbe wrote:

it is not trivial answer. They can choose not to pick options on Al Jefferson, Bogdanovich, Collison and Lance (Young, most likely, opts in) - then they have full max available to them
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
32 wrote:
Godbe wrote:

it is not trivial answer. They can choose not to pick options on Al Jefferson, Bogdanovich, Collison and Lance (Young, most likely, opts in) - then they have full max available to them

Thanks. I think Julius' max is $25M.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Godbe wrote:

Link to Pacer cap space.

They have the room but I don't believe that **anybody** is going to throw the max at Randle. He is not that good yet. He shot 22.2% from the 3 pt line last year and he doesn't have a mid range game. He has several skills that he needs to develop before he becomes a max player.

We will see.

--Anonymous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
32 wrote:
Godbe wrote:

Link to Pacer cap space.

They have the room but I don't believe that **anybody** is going to throw the max at Randle. He is not that good yet. He shot 22.2% from the 3 pt line last year and he doesn't have a mid range game. He has several skills that he needs to develop before he becomes a max player.

We will see.

I agree.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
32 wrote:
Godbe wrote:

Thanks. I think Julius' max is $25M.

Hate to say it - @$25mln they can have him
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

Julius + Zubac for Young (expiring k) + Sabonis
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Is that a rumor or just a made up scenario?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Completely made up
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:

Completely made up
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

If it was on the table I would do it, losing Randle for nothing hurts more as opposed to getting assets in a S&T scenario.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

1. LeBron
2. PG13
3. Randle
4. Ball
5. Room Exception big (Lopez/Noel)

6. Ingram
7. Kuzma
8. J.Hart
9.T.Bryant/Zubac

10. I.Clark/Seth Curry (Vet Min G)
11. T.Black/E.Okafor/Zaza/D.West (Vets min big)
12. V.Carter/R.Jefferson/J.Johnson(Vet wing)
13. 25th pick
14. 47th pick

Attach 2 Future 1st/Zu or T.Bryant to unload Deng
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1825, 1826, 1827 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1826 of 2680
Jump to: