OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1926, 1927, 1928 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2002
Posts: 3832
Location: A-T-L-A-N-T-A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
I think they were coming before the season started. I think it’s better for them to remain publicly undecided because I think it will be harder to trade Deng if teams knew the Lakers were desperate.


You must think less of them as athletes and competitors if you think they said in their mind "No matter how this season goes I'm going elsewhere". Too many variables.

How would it feel if Dwight came here, and before he even played his first game was saying mentally "Yeah no matter what happens here, I'm going to Houston after this season/"


We don't need to create narratives like "They were coming here before the season even started" because it insults them as competitors as if they mentally are already checked out of a season and just counting down.


We'll definitely see where he lands however, but that decision was made/confirmed over the course of the season, instead of him auto coming here before it even started.


What does George saying he wanted to be a Laker before the season, have to do with him playing his hardest for OKC during the season? You were the only one who thought these guys made lifetime decisions based on how their season went.

No one is going to make a decision on the rest of their career based on winning a first or second round series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

All I can say is thank God for the World Cup... I'll immerse myself in that, and by the time it's almost over... it will be time to know our fate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 815

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
All I can say is thank God for the World Cup... I'll immerse myself in that, and by the time it's almost over... it will be time to know our fate.


Who you rooting for? Mayhaps I'll join you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 12559
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

Jesus Christ, how I hate the offseason.
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8236
Location: LA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
All I can say is thank God for the World Cup... I'll immerse myself in that, and by the time it's almost over... it will be time to know our fate.


Who you rooting for? Mayhaps I'll join you.


Is that you, Walder?
_________________
LAKERS-DODGERS-BUCCANEERS-KINGS-GALAXY-TROJANS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
All I can say is thank God for the World Cup... I'll immerse myself in that, and by the time it's almost over... it will be time to know our fate.


Who you rooting for? Mayhaps I'll join you.


I'm a huge Premier League/Manchester United fan... so I have a soft spot for England... but it will be hard to deal with Germany/France/Spain/Brazil/Argentina/Belgium.

I will probably root for whatever Cinderella team emerges in the round of 16 but it wouldn't be bad to see Messi get his first World Cup. I just don't want to see another final with the usual suspects...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 7964

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

One of the main things that concerns me is the idea that James would be willing to join LA in a capacity that would also put a Klutch client (Pope) out of a job. Part of me feels James will either push for Pope over Randle, George, or possibly insist LA figure out a way to get him paid in S&T.

The happy path to that is S&T for George, where the salaries are lopsided and cap space makes it possible. But OKC could make that difficult and costly for LA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57108

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Anybody think we could trade Ball with Deng?
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Anybody think we could trade Ball with Deng?

Sure, just depends on what you want back.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 28326

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Anybody think we could trade Ball with Deng?


I don't think they give up on Lonzo after 1 season. No trades will be made unless 1) it's directly for an All-Star or 2) Lebron has already signed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37218

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
32 wrote:
Anybody think we could trade Ball with Deng?


I don't think they give up on Lonzo after 1 season. No trades will be made unless 1) it's directly for an All-Star or 2) Lebron has already signed.


Anybody want to watch Tyler Ennis start at point guard?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 7689

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Anybody think we could trade Ball with Deng?


Definitely and that's my ideal trade assuming LBJ and PG sign.
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 1320

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
MJST wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
I think they were coming before the season started. I think it’s better for them to remain publicly undecided because I think it will be harder to trade Deng if teams knew the Lakers were desperate.


You must think less of them as athletes and competitors if you think they said in their mind "No matter how this season goes I'm going elsewhere". Too many variables.

How would it feel if Dwight came here, and before he even played his first game was saying mentally "Yeah no matter what happens here, I'm going to Houston after this season/"


We don't need to create narratives like "They were coming here before the season even started" because it insults them as competitors as if they mentally are already checked out of a season and just counting down.


We'll definitely see where he lands however, but that decision was made/confirmed over the course of the season, instead of him auto coming here before it even started.


What does George saying he wanted to be a Laker before the season, have to do with him playing his hardest for OKC during the season? You were the only one who thought these guys made lifetime decisions based on how their season went.

No one is going to make a decision on the rest of their career based on winning a first or second round series.

So you think if OKC went into the western conference final and lost to the Warriors in game 7, PG13 would still come to the Lakers? A lot of things and decisions can be changed in one year. Would KD still join the Warriors if OKC actually beat them in 2016?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57108

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
32 wrote:
Anybody think we could trade Ball with Deng?

Sure, just depends on what you want back.


Well something similar to the Moz/Dlo trade.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Practice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 3605

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
32 wrote:
Anybody think we could trade Ball with Deng?

Sure, just depends on what you want back.


Well something similar to the Moz/Dlo trade.

No. They would try to move a pick or another player before Lonzo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57108

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

I am getting tired of the baggage and drama Lonzo and his father bring to the team. It's a circus atmosphere. Lonzo is injury prone. Missed games in summer league, preseason and 30+ regular season games. He just had PRP injections in his knee. This is concerning for a 20 year old. He was out one month. He can't shoot or make free throws. I am willing to give him one more year but I won't be surprised if it's more of the same.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
32 wrote:
Anybody think we could trade Ball with Deng?

Sure, just depends on what you want back.


Well something similar to the Moz/Dlo trade.

Sure, I bet the Hawks would happily do that for the #19 pick.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 685

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Wayne Ellington would be a beast playing alongside Bron and PG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 739

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I am getting tired of the baggage and drama Lonzo and his father bring to the team. It's a circus atmosphere. Lonzo is injury prone. Missed games in summer league, preseason and 30+ regular season games. He just had PRP injections in his knee. This is concerning for a 20 year old. He was out one month. He can't shoot or make free throws. I am willing to give him one more year but I won't be surprised if it's more of the same.


Lonzo can shoot. From November 11th to March 5th (29 games) he shot 38% from 3. Last year as a freshman at UCLA he shot 41% from 3 over 36 games. He started his rookie year shooting terrible which happens and he hit the rookie wall which also happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 32084
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
32 wrote:
I am getting tired of the baggage and drama Lonzo and his father bring to the team. It's a circus atmosphere. Lonzo is injury prone. Missed games in summer league, preseason and 30+ regular season games. He just had PRP injections in his knee. This is concerning for a 20 year old. He was out one month. He can't shoot or make free throws. I am willing to give him one more year but I won't be surprised if it's more of the same.


Lonzo can shoot. From November 11th to March 5th (29 games) he shot 38% from 3. Last year as a freshman at UCLA he shot 41% from 3 over 36 games. He started his rookie year shooting terrible which happens and he hit the rookie wall which also happens.


Thank you.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 4344

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

I still think cousins is the target and not PG13.

Lebron is clearly option #1 but imo #2 is cousins...I’m sure they are keeping a very close eye on his rehab because it’s easy to see the glaring hole on this team is in the middle imo

Lebron, Ingram, Kuzma and Lonzo is solid AF. We honestly wouldn’t really need PG13

Cousins would be the Chris bosh/ Kevin love on steroids that lebron needs. Space the floor so bron can attack but still protect the rim. The bonus is that he can easily carry the scoring load when bron sits. He would be the Shaq to brons Kobe.

Lonzo
Ingram
Bron
Kuzma
Cousins

Randle - the super sixth man backing up the 5 and punishing teams inside
Josh hart
Shamet
Add a couple of ring chasers and we’re good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 7689

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

cousins tore his achilles btw
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 1514
Location: Jack's Crib

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Would you be okay with this outcome?

I have refused to listen to any commentators, analysts, media shows & especially so-called experts. The other day as I was flipping channels though I read the caption & heard 3 guys talking about the Lakers & Lebron. One of them came up with this scenario of us getting Lebron & PG13 as free agents along with either Leonard in a trade or Chris Paul in a trade, leaving only Kuzuma left with the 3 all-stars. So, Ingram, Randle, Lonzo & Hart are gone, but I said to my self NO WAY can Magic do this short-term fix with NO guarantees of winning a Chip, as much as I disliked Lebron in the past & not wanting another aging free agent with major miles on his legs I recently softened on him this past year & he won me over with his performance dragging Cav's on his shoulders to Finals. I talked with my son & said at this time with our current signed players our roster (minus Lopez, IT & KCP) is better than the Cavs & he would only make our young guys better on & off the court & wouldn't have to bust his hump & hopefully the kids can contribute majorly (we need to shoot our FT's much better) . I'm not a fan of Lonzo, but I do like our young guys BI, Randle, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac & Bryant.

I believe Lebron is going to choose the Lakers & PG13 will also come & that along with hopefully re-signing Randle will be enough to win at least 50+ games & get into playoffs. NO WAY in heck do I ever wanna see Chris Paul in a Laker uniform & IF we have to part ways with Ingram & other to get Leonard I'm okay with it (I really like Ingram the most & prefer we keep him). I'd prefer trading Lonzo & Kuzma or sign & trade Randle? By NO means do I want to give the Spurs 2 or 3 young players plus Deng (don't think Spurs will take him, maybe a 3rd team) for someone we might be able to get in 2019 (doubtful), but I would stick to my original plan on just getting 2 FA's for NOTHING in return.

Would you rather have option (A) roster of LBJ, PG13, Leonard or Paul with Kuzma & fillers or option (B) LBJ, PG13 & all of our young core maybe without Randle at worse?
I would prefer option (B), so we still have good young players in case of age/injury.

Bottom line is I hope Magic doesn't give up on our youth & adds to it with LBJ & PG13. It's important to keep them so we don't have to do this all over again in three years. However Leonard is only 26, PG13 being 29, that's reasonable if he can pull it off, but if LBJ decides to come I think it's much easier choice for PG13 & I might as well add cause I really don't wanna see Lopez or IT back, so I hope Magic can improve us, can't wait until this is all over...
_________________
My Laker squad.
Mr. Clutch, Nixon, Eddie, Magic, Kareem, Silk
Cooper, AC, Worthy, Horry, Shaq, Kobe.
HC: Riley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Jesus Christ, how I hate the offseason.

_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 10117

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Cousins would be the Chris bosh/ Kevin love on steroids that lebron needs. Space the floor so bron can attack but still protect the rim.


He's going to need more than steroids to fix that Achilles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1926, 1927, 1928 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1927 of 2680
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB