OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Afrosho wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Afrosho wrote:
I see a lot of lineup projections having PG and Ingram at the 2 and 3 positions.

If we do sign George, I think we would be a more balanced team with one of them at the 4, and a 3&D role player at the 2. Could be Hart if he develops well throughout this season.

I do think Ingram isn't far at all from being able to play the 4 and from being very effective doing so.

Unfortunately we might not be able to afford one depending how free agenecy shakes out. I mean we have to let Clarkson, Randle, and Deng all gone and sign Cousins, Geoege, and the 3&D guy at SG or Hart takes over and keep either Randle or Clarkson or neither.

Yes, that was a scenario in which we don't sign Cousins. But if we do, I would still try to play with a George-Ingram-Cousins frontcourt rather than starting another interior player.

Then who's at SG?

Define “SG.”
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Afrosho wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Afrosho wrote:
I see a lot of lineup projections having PG and Ingram at the 2 and 3 positions.

If we do sign George, I think we would be a more balanced team with one of them at the 4, and a 3&D role player at the 2. Could be Hart if he develops well throughout this season.

I do think Ingram isn't far at all from being able to play the 4 and from being very effective doing so.

Unfortunately we might not be able to afford one depending how free agenecy shakes out. I mean we have to let Clarkson, Randle, and Deng all gone and sign Cousins, Geoege, and the 3&D guy at SG or Hart takes over and keep either Randle or Clarkson or neither.

Yes, that was a scenario in which we don't sign Cousins. But if we do, I would still try to play with a George-Ingram-Cousins frontcourt rather than starting another interior player.

Then who's at SG?

Define “SG.”

According to Kobe, sometimes they shoot and sometimes they guard .
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

If the Warriors and Rockets stay relatively healthy I don't see any team in the WC beating them this year. They are the top tier and everybody else is jockeying for playoff position. The main interest I have is watching the Thunder and Pelicans to see how they are doing in the next few weeks leading up to the trade deadline. Of course all eyes are on PG and Cousins.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

Motion to adjust 32's signature to read 'pure neon yellow' instead of 'pure gold.'

Do I have a second?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Motion to adjust 32's signature to read 'pure neon yellow' instead of 'pure gold.'

Do I have a second?

I second the motion.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Do I have a second?

I'll second, but just because you're you.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

http://hoopshype.com/2017/12/15/contract-year-which-free-agents-to-be-are-helping-hurting-their-stock/

Interesting read, though a bunch of guys are missing including KCP. Has a part on Brook and Randle though.

Free agency is going to be tough for non-stars this year. I have a feeling a number of players will end up in a similar situation as JaMychal Green or Mirotic.
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Afrosho wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Afrosho wrote:

Then who's at SG?

Could be Hart and a vet. If we manage to sign both PG and Cousins, I am sure we would become attractive for a 30+ yo guard even on a small 1yr contract.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

Gobert is out at least one month with a knee injury. Utah is a team to watch in the next few weeks.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

Thank you, sirs. 32, the people have spoken; please adjust your signature.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
I really wish we had still kept Nwaba watching him on the bulls he does all the little things we need

this
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
will barton is insane

we should sign him

and this
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

Kuzzkontrol wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Thank you, sirs. 32, the people have spoken; please adjust your signature.

Actually I like "gold"

Of course you do, everyone does. But those are not our colors anymore. Have you seen our new jerseys? Hideous.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Gobert is out at least one month with a knee injury. Utah is a team to watch in the next few weeks.

(bleep). Fantasy team taking a hit again. (bleep) Gobert.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
I really wish we had still kept Nwaba watching him on the bulls he does all the little things we need

this

Like ? People are already complaining that Hart and JC don't have enough playing time. At what is Nwaba better than them ? He's probably slightly above Hart defensively, and he can't do anything else at an above average level (maybe rebounding). Once again we're overating players who used to play for us. His career in the NBA will soon be other, he's just lucky the Bulls are one of the worst team in the NBA, so he's having playing time...
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
32 wrote:

(bleep). Fantasy team taking a hit again. (bleep) Gobert.

Yep. Went all in on Rudy and now I'm taking it in the shorts.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Send Lopez to Utah.... and let’s get a few assets and expiring.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
http://hoopshype.com/2017/12/15/contract-year-which-free-agents-to-be-are-helping-hurting-their-stock/

Interesting read, though a bunch of guys are missing including KCP. Has a part on Brook and Randle though.

Free agency is going to be tough for non-stars this year. I have a feeling a number of players will end up in a similar situation as JaMychal Green or Mirotic.

I will go with many players that will have a tough time in free agency next summer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

So who in here expects the Lakers to trade Brook Lopez in the up coming weeks? Interesting comment I read from a Nets fan.. he has never seen Lopez lost like he has been with the Lakers... and we all know they know more about Lopez
then we do, is there something going on with him mentally? I hope his lack of production and effort is from lack of confidence and not because he doesn’t give a hoot.... I really hope the management is already on the phone fielding offers on a Lopez trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Here is a list of teams who might trade for Lopez:

Utah
Clippers
Miami
Cleveland
Washington

I could also see the Spurs looking for another big man, Gasol has regressed this year and maybe Pop can help Lopez find his groove.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So who in here expects the Lakers to trade Brook Lopez in the up coming weeks? Interesting comment I read from a Nets fan.. he has never seen Lopez lost like he has been with the Lakers... and we all know they know more about Lopez
then we do, is there something going on with him mentally? I hope his lack of production and effort is from lack of confidence and not because he doesn’t give a hoot.... I really hope the management is already on the phone fielding offers on a Lopez trade.

There's no incentive for the Lakers to trade Lopez unless it's a deal that somehow gives them more cap flexibility going into the summer. He had an intriguing basketball fit as a big who can space the floor and protect the rim some, but his basketball fit was secondary. His expiring contract was what was primary.

And even aside from all of that, his trade value isn't exactly high right now. He's had a pretty underwhelming season overall. The only teams I could imagine having some interest in him are the ones who are searching for cap relief, like the Lakers were over the summer.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

this

Like ? People are already complaining that Hart and JC don't have enough playing time. At what is Nwaba better than them ? He's probably slightly above Hart defensively, and he can't do anything else at an above average level (maybe rebounding). Once again we're overating players who used to play for us. His career in the NBA will soon be other, he's just lucky the Bulls are one of the worst team in the NBA, so he's having playing time...

he brings you defense and energy off the bench, he contests shots and still rebounds quite often, can guard quick PGs (would help Lonzo), is great at attacking the rim (his TS% is 61 this season with the Bulls).

people are complaining? well in that case i take everything back, im happy Nwaba is gone.... i wanted Nwaba to stay, not make every person at LG happy. but if you ask me, i wouldnt have got KCP at all. id went with Lonzo-Hart as starting backcourt, JC, Nwaba and a 2-3 that can shoot. Lonzo to play 30-35 minutes, Hart to start next to him (he was 4 years at college, won championships and has experience. hes a good shooter and defender, and has potential to be a very good starting role player) and get around 20-25 minutes. JC off the bench with 25-30 and Nwaba 10-15. the shooting 2-3 to get minutes off Ingram mostly and some at the 2, depending on matchups and what Luke looks for in his lineups.

and its not like any of this matters anymore really, hes gone, we got new guys, so its a pointless topic regarding our 2018 free agency. me liking the player and what he brings to the game is personal, and we should discuss players we will potentially be looking to trade for or sign...

Ron Baker anyone? another guy id love on the Lakers
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Sorry if it was discussed, but what would PG's cap hold be if the Lakers were to land him for Randle and Clarkson? I say that because the plan may be to dump them anyway if they can free up space for Cousins and a player or LBJ. So if they're stuck with stretching Deng, maybe this saves a few million more than what his first year number would be as a UFA.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Sorry if it was discussed, but what would PG's cap hold be if the Lakers were to land him for Randle and Clarkson? I say that because the plan may be to dump them anyway if they can free up space for Cousins and a player or LBJ. So if they're stuck with stretching Deng, maybe this saves a few million more than what his first year number would be as a UFA.

PG-13's cap hold is about $1 Million less than his max contract amount.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I will go with many players that will have a tough time in free agency next summer.

Smart GMs are going to get guys on good contracts by getting a discount and hedging on guarantees while the rest of the market is looking to go max leverage. Just have to do a good job choosing who to make the offer(s) to. Have to think about how good the contract will look in two years.

Randle is a perfect example of a guy you could get at a good number by not trying to squeeze him. His game isn't going to appeal to every team and the market is short on cap room but at the right number he's an asset to your roster. This will be his first big payday so he will be eager to lock in security.

I think Pelinka as a former agent understands the market extremely well. He's going to know where to find his economies if the max guys don't come (or only one does). I feel like he's a lot more equipped to deal with this market than Mitch would have been.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 244 of 2680
Jump to: