OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/19 Update: p.1 - Remaining FAs, Lakers 2018 & 2019 Cap Situation & Notable Expiring Contracts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2531, 2532, 2533 ... 2594, 2595, 2596  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
2019 wrote:
governator wrote:
Rondo-KCP-BI-LeBron-McGee
Lonzo-Hart-Lance-Kuzma-Zubac (Caruso-the other 2way-Svi-Bonga-Mo)

Lonzo/Rondo might be flipped but that 2nd unit might be one of the best in the league, up there with GS and Celtics

I would start Lonzo but either way, that bench is insane once you sub Moe for Zubac.

unless Ball is terrible in camp....I would start him....just think in the big picture, Ball's confidence and development are much more important. That is why it makes me uneasy about telling Rondo it is an open competition...because chances are high he will not be "cool with it" if he feels slighted or cheated.

Same.

Rondo running the 2nd unit feels right while Lonzo can get live action with LeBron and then guys he's familiar with in KCP and BI.
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
2019 wrote:
governator wrote:

Lonzo/Rondo might be flipped but that 2nd unit might be one of the best in the league, up there with GS and Celtics

I would start Lonzo but either way, that bench is insane once you sub Moe for Zubac.

unless Ball is terrible in camp....I would start him....just think in the big picture, Ball's confidence and development are much more important. That is why it makes me uneasy about telling Rondo it is an open competition...because chances are high he will not be "cool with it" if he feels slighted or cheated.

Same.

Rondo running the 2nd unit feels right while Lonzo can get live action with LeBron and then guys he's familiar with in KCP and BI.

Yeah, I hope both Lonzo and Rondo perform well with Lonzo being the better one. Either way, 4 starters in the 2nd unit. We can throw about 6 positionless lengky (or strong in Hart) all game long. And Lance vs Draymond
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
2019 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
2019 wrote:
governator wrote:

Same.

Yeah, I hope both Lonzo and Rondo perform well with Lonzo being the better one. Either way, 4 starters in the 2nd unit. We can throw about 6 positionless lengky (or strong in Hart) all game long. And Lance vs Draymond

I also think Rondo beginning as a reserve will make him more motivated to try to get the starting spot. Not sure it'd have the same effect on Lonzo, he could flop.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Rockets got Ennis on a two year deal, with year two being a player option. He's been making 39% of his corner 3's. Hopefully the D is there. Our D coordinator had him in Memphis.

Why do we care? This isn't the Rockets free agency thread and isn't Clutch City.net that away---------->

This is the free agency thread, which is full of updates on where free agents have signed, as some posters are interested in these players. There are numerous posts about Ennis in this thread. Obviously quite a few posters care about him. Hence the update.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
trablos wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dammit, Pincus just corrected himself, it's a player option. I guess Stephen A was wrong lol.

Eric Pincus

Verified account

@EricPincus
34s
34 seconds ago

More
LeBron James has a straight up max deal starting at $35.7 mil w/a player option on the final year, 15% trade kicker - last year earns $41 mil @BBallInsiders LA Lakers

I mean, of course we would all do this again 10 out of 10 times, but that 41 mil for a 37 y.o Lebron is gonna be pretty ugly.

Kareem finished 4th in the MVP vote in his age-37 season (1984-85). Let's hope that LeBron stays healthy and can age like Cap.

I think it's possible. And the hope is that BI/Lonzo/Kuz/Hart/et al. grow into a star, and that 2019 max FA will take over more by then.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

Some centers who are on expiring contracts (no player options or rookie deals).

Robin Lopez
Tyson Chandler
Vucevic
Kanter
Dedmon

WCS from Sacto is someone I would be interested in, as well as the guys named above. Only problem is that we'd have to basically trade these teams Deng + future 1sts, which I wouldn't be eager to do (especially 2021 when it's likely high schoolers will be back in the draft).
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

Pelinka says that 4 positions will be open for competition for starting.
A guess:

C: wide open
PF: Lebron Is this his best position?
SF: favorite Ingram
SG: favorite KCP Hart may surprise
PG: tossup
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

I would monitor Dedmon's situation, maybe someone we can trade for after 12/15. I think Lopez/Chandler/Vuc may all be buyout candidates in February 2019 too.

So I wouldn't be too concerned about our center rotation going into the playoffs.

Wow. I said it. Playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
A guess:

I see it likely as:

Lonzo
KCP
BI
LBJ
McGee.

I think Wagner/Zub will be a great training camp battle.
diando
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
A guess:

Could be

LeBron
Ingram
The rest are open. Maybe they'd want Kuzma starting at PF?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject:

Does this team have a good enough 2nd scorer to keep Lebrons minutes low in the regular season.

Can we really play Lonzo/Stephenson or Lonzo/Rondo together given their shooting deficiencies?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Does this team have a good enough 2nd scorer to keep Lebrons minutes low in the regular season.

Can we really play Lonzo/Stephenson or Lonzo/Rondo together given their shooting deficiencies?

I don't think we will have another 20ppg+ scorer besides LBJ.

I think BI/Kuz may come close to it, around 18-19ppg mark. But I think that we have enough overall depth that LBJ shouldn't have to play 38mpg.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I would monitor Dedmon's situation, maybe someone we can trade for after 12/15. I think Lopez/Chandler/Vuc may all be buyout candidates in February 2019 too.

So I wouldn't be too concerned about our center rotation going into the playoffs.

We are going to be a strong candidate to get a solid buyout candidate if needed before its said and done. Magic is playing this perfectly as many paths are going to be open to us both this year and next.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We are going to be a strong candidate to get a solid buyout candidate if needed before its said and done. Magic is playing this perfectly as many paths are going to be open to us both this year and next.

Yup. I almost expect one of them to be our starting playoff center.

We have a full room exception to use to lure 1-2 buyout guys. Chandler/Ariza would be my targets in Feb. 2019.
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Rockets got Ennis on a two year deal, with year two being a player option. He's been making 39% of his corner 3's. Hopefully the D is there. Our D coordinator had him in Memphis.

Why do we care? This isn't the Rockets free agency thread and isn't Clutch City.net that away---------->

This is the free agency thread, which is full of updates on where free agents have signed, as some posters are interested in these players. There are numerous posts about Ennis in this thread. Obviously quite a few posters care about him. Hence the update.

yeah, this time of year.....we update every teams FA signings because they are no longer on the board for the Lakers. It's all good.
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Absolutely no one on this board 'cares' about Ennis.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I think BI/Kuz may come close to it, around 18-19ppg mark. But I think that we have enough overall depth that LBJ shouldn't have to play 38mpg.

Last year we had 4 guys at around 16 ppg: Randle, Kuz, Ingram, IT. I expect Ingram and Kuz to at least mantain or go over that. You can count on Lonzo + Rondo for at least another 22-24 ppg, and KCP maybe around 15. So we're talking about something like 70 ppg for this guys + LeBron's what, 25, to say the least? We should be fine scoring the ball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Last year we had 4 guys at around 16 ppg: Randle, Kuz, Ingram, IT. I expect Ingram and Kuz to at least mantain or go over that. You can count on Lonzo + Rondo for at least another 22-24 ppg, and KCP maybe around 15. So we're talking about something like 70 ppg for this guys + LeBron's what, 25, to say the least? We should be fine scoring the ball.

Yeah. It'll be by committee, with BI/Kuz as the 2nd leading scorers behind LBJ. I can see something like:

LBJ: 27ppg
BI: 19ppg
Kuz: 18ppg

Fourth leading scorer is probably KCP.
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
2019 wrote:
governator wrote:

Same.

I would like Lonzo off the bench so he can play against the 2nd units of other teams and build experience. Plus, I envision the 2nd unit similar to what we had with the Lakers championship runs with Kobe/Gasol/LO where Farmar, Ariza, and co would change the game by push the pace as a second unit. Lonzo/Hart/Svi/Kuzma/Wagner would excel in that.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Thought yall would finally like to see BIs response to LBJ on IG...it's

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/07/10/lonzo-lamelo-ball-lose-it-over-brandon-ingrams-lebron-james-ig-post/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Yeah. It'll be by committee, with BI/Kuz as the 2nd leading scorers behind LBJ. I can see something like:

That looks right...I think BI or Kuz could be over 20 ppg if we really commit to managing LBJs minutes especially during inferior comp.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

That looks right...I think BI or Kuz could be over 20 ppg if we really commit to managing LBJs minutes especially during inferior comp.

I think BI/Kuz's life is about to get much easier. Lots of open looks. If they can consistently hit them (especially 3s) I can see both getting closer to 20ppg.
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I think BI/Kuz's life is about to get much easier. Lots of open looks. If they can consistently hit them (especially 3s) I can see both getting closer to 20ppg.

For many of them, for first time, they will play alongside someone who commands a double team every play. Apologies to the Kobe farewell tour (BI mainly).
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I actually think (hope?) LBJ's scoring and assists could take a dip here because I'm hoping he can play fewer minutes and lot less with the ball so he can "rest" during his stay here. Bring the minutes down to 32 mpg for the regular season.

I think it's possible Kuz and BI can score over 20 ppg or close if that happens, with Kuz taking the Lou Williams' I'm Coming Off the Bench and Shooting Everything role, and BI just playing more minutes than everyone else again (hence having more opportunities to score) since he's our most versatile player after LBJ.

LBJ: 25 ppg
BI: 21 ppg
Kuz: 20 ppg
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

For many of them, for first time, they will play alongside someone who commands a double team every play. Apologies to the Kobe farewell tour (BI mainly).

And Luke's motion offense is perfect for a player that creates gravity just by being on the court.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2531, 2532, 2533 ... 2594, 2595, 2596  Next
Page 2532 of 2596
Jump to: