OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2566, 2567, 2568 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rumor going around that Jabari Parker will sign with Chicago

https://mobile.twitter.com/OnSMASH/status/1017608358084399105

Steal for Chicago. Jabari gets to go back home. If he remains healthy he'll be a superstar one day.

Wouldn't the Bucks match whatever he gets since he is a RFA?

Chicago also has only $16m to offer from what I understand.. Bucks would be silly not to match that.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

I hope Chicago can make Milwaukee sweat with their offer. They can't keep Jabari, Middleton (max next summer) and Giannis (supermax offer soon) plus their other good young players who will want extensions.

Last edited by chantruong on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
No Lin.

LG cannot stand a war b/w Kobe/LBJ/Lin stans.

Says the man who inflames half the wars.

I remember when you didn't want Lin like you didn't want IT... I get why you didn't want IT... but I still don't get why you didn't want Lin back then. Who cares what some weirdo fans think... he was a rarity... natural some bandwagoners would stan him. The guy was a decent player put in a toxic team dynamic.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No Lin.

I remember when you didn't want Lin like you didn't want IT... I get why you didn't want IT... but I still don't get why you didn't want Lin back then. Who cares what some weirdo fans think... he was a rarity... natural some bandwagoners would stan him. The guy was a decent player put in a toxic team dynamic.

LOL. I know you're going through a tough time, but that I'm not.

Your personal disagreements with me do not equate to "inflaming half the wars."
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

I’d totally go for Jabari but isn’t he a rfa? 1 yr deal would be great if possible.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No Lin.

Also, not sure where you're getting the idea I didn't want Lin the player. I've been a big fan of his since Harvard; it's his crazy fans (and you should have seen the posts by his loonies here on LG that drove the mods and others crazy).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rumor going around that Jabari Parker will sign with Chicago

https://mobile.twitter.com/OnSMASH/status/1017608358084399105

Steal for Chicago. Jabari gets to go back home. If he remains healthy he'll be a superstar one day.

Wouldn't the Bucks match whatever he gets since he is a RFA?

Chicago also has only $16m to offer from what I understand.. Bucks would be silly not to match that.

not sure the Bucks have $16 Million....they are hard capped. They have somewhere near that amount, but not sure they would go right up against the hard cap.....would leave then literally no room to do anything during the season.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

If the Bulls sign Parker then does any team have space left for salary dumps?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

I don't think Jabari/Giannis is a good fit. And it's clear Jabari isn't happy being in Giannis's estimable shadow.

Maybe they re-sign and then trade him later. Would be quite a blow to let him walk for nothing, but seems that isn't radical anymore.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
If the Bulls sign Parker then does any team have space left for salary dumps?

Does Sac still have room?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No Lin.

I'm not going through a tough time. I was totally at peace when I thought IT was headed to Orlando. I only am annoyed that a good Western Conference team signed him for two million... Just as I'm annoyed we didn't sign Dwight or Boogie.

You say you don't inflame but you are just as opinionated as me. I would post half as much if you left certain people alone.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Jabari/Giannis is a good fit. And it's clear Jabari isn't happy being in Giannis's estimable shadow.

Maybe they re-sign and then trade him later. Would be quite a blow to let him walk for nothing, but seems that isn't radical anymore.

why isn't a good fit? it absolutely fits well. specially when they go small ball and jabari spends time at center

his defense was improving also.

Gannis/Jabari/Middleton is a good trio to build around
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Houston Rockets have emerged as strong frontrunners to acquire Carmelo Anthony once he is free from Oklahoma City, league sources tell Yahoo. Anthony also has considered Miami.

Do it, Houston!

makes you wonder how vindicated D'Antoni must feel that Carmelo is now coming back to him with his career in dire straights.

I think the last two seasons have vindicated him and shown his growth. He's shown his system can still work if the player running it buys in. He's also shown a willingness to adapt his system last season. The man was trying to beat GS with a defensive game plan.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

not sure how Jabari fit with Lauri and Carter Jr., unless they have the poor plan at playing him @ SF.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

Lakers should offer Deng to Chicago for Cristiano Felicio and Robin Lopez.

That would actually give the Bulls more room to make an offer to Parker.

The Lakers would gain $3m in space next summer if we were to stretch Cristiano Felicio.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No Lin.

I'm not going through a tough time. I was totally at peace when I thought IT was headed to Orlando. I only am annoyed that a good Western Conference team signed him for two million... Just as I'm annoyed we didn't sign Dwight or Boogie.

You say you don't inflame but you are just as opinionated as me. I would post half as much if you left certain people alone.

Sigh. You can give me commission for your post count then I suppose.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerMindLA wrote:

The Lakers would gain $3m in space next summer if we were to stretch Cristiano Felicio.

Sold.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No Lin.

Also, not sure where you're getting the idea I didn't want Lin the player. I've been a big fan of his since Harvard; it's his crazy fans (and you should have seen the posts by his loonies here on LG that drove the mods and others crazy).

Yeah but because of that you joined the anti-Lin crowd... why should the player suffer for his stupid fans?

It's like how you rode the fence on the IT issue... you kept saying you were fine with signing him for 1 year on the cheap. Then when he became available for cheap... you still didn't want him.

It's cool... that is your right... as it is my right to support them.

I always said LBJ was my first choice over IT. And when Rondo came available I was just as happy. I only don't like what happened with IT because it endangers our team... however small that likelihood might seem right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

why isn't a good fit? it absolutely fits well. specially when they go small ball and jabari spends time at center

I heard somewhere that Jabari is a bit jealous with Giannis's stardom. Like it's a real problem.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

Ugh, I guess I would take this as long as no picks are exchanged. If Felicio had two years left it would be a home run. I just hate having dead payroll
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
No Lin.

Yeah but because of that you joined the anti-Lin crowd... why should the player suffer for his stupid fans?

It's like how you rode the fence on the IT issue... you kept saying you were fine with signing him for 1 year on the cheap. Then when he became available for cheap... you still didn't want him.

It's cool... that is your right... as it is my right to support them.

I always said LBJ was my first choice over IT. And when Rondo came available I was just as happy. I only don't like what happened with IT because it endangers our team... however small that likelihood might seem right now.

I don't get why you get offended with people's views on Lakers players.

I was never on the fence with him. I've said all along I'm happy to have him as an expiring contract, a player that can show you what a high usage player looks like with the kids. And then let his deal expire. I've been 100% consistent.

I've never wanted him long-term on the team. IT won't be a threat to us. I'm very sure of that, and you can save this for receipts if that makes you feel better.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Ugh, I guess as long as no picks are exchanged. If Felicio had two years it would be a home run. I just hate having dead payroll

Dead payroll only matter if you’re a team with cap-space. Sign a 2nd max next summer and dead cap space only impacts luxury tax.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I heard somewhere that Jabari is a bit jealous with Giannis's stardom. Like it's a real problem.

link? thanks i didnt know that.

thats sad, a guy who can't stay healthy is jealous of a guy who is knocking on superstar status
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

link? thanks i didnt know that.

thats sad, a guy who can't stay healthy is jealous of a guy who is knocking on superstar status

Some podcast. But it makes sense. Jabari was a #2 pick and supposed to be the Bucks salvation. In comes this Greek kid and everyone loves him while Jabari is thrown to the back while rehabbing.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
chantruong wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Ugh, I guess as long as no picks are exchanged. If Felicio had two years it would be a home run. I just hate having dead payroll

Dead payroll only matter if you’re a team with cap-space. Sign a 2nd max next summer and dead cap space only impacts luxury tax.

Yeah but with three years left (two after this year) It will stretch for five years which goes beyond Lebron and the other max FA's end of their contract which can harm flexibility. If its 1 yr left (3 years stretch) I would highly prefer that. If a contract like Felicio a way to make more space without costing draft picks I can still live with it.

Last edited by chantruong on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2566, 2567, 2568 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2567 of 2680
Jump to: