Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It boggles my mind as to why men of prominence like McNabb, Davis, Faulk and those of that ilk assault women. There most likely are many who would cooperate willingly.

Uh yeah, sexual assault doesn't work like dating.

What draws someone to being a serial assaulter has nothing to do with waiting for a mutual attraction.

OK. How does that address why men of prominence like McNabb, Davis, Faulk and those of that ilk assault women? I'm asking why? Are they natural deviates, sexually inept? What's the reason they assault women? There most likely are many who would cooperate willingly

You've asked this question several times in several threads and you've been answered several times. I don't know why you find this so confounding. If you don't trust people on this board to answer this for you then do a little research on it. You'll find several explanations on the internet with minimal effort.

I haven't been satisfied. Can you point me to some of the answers? I may have missed them. I'll do as you say and google the question. How do I word the question?

I am sure any way you word it will suffice.

I don't know how. Will you help, please. Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

You know how to Google. You want us to explain it to you several times in several threads AND do your homework for you when you don't listen? No.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It boggles my mind as to why men of prominence like McNabb, Davis, Faulk and those of that ilk assault women. There most likely are many who would cooperate willingly.

What draws someone to being a serial assaulter has nothing to do with waiting for a mutual attraction.

OK. How does that address why men of prominence like McNabb, Davis, Faulk and those of that ilk assault women? I'm asking why? Are they natural deviates, sexually inept? What's the reason they assault women? There most likely are many who would cooperate willingly

You've asked this question several times in several threads and you've been answered several times. I don't know why you find this so confounding. If you don't trust people on this board to answer this for you then do a little research on it. You'll find several explanations on the internet with minimal effort.

I haven't been satisfied. Can you point me to some of the answers? I may have missed them. I'll do as you say and google the question. How do I word the question?

I don't know how. Will you help, please. Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

You know how to Google. You want us to explain it to you several times in several threads AND do your homework for you when you don't listen? No.

Not asking us, asking you. Thank you. Have a great weekend.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

^^^ and sometimes the answer is No.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

RIP. goteem
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sexual assault is not about sex, it's about power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is about people with power dominating people with less power -- because they can. Presumably because they get off on it or they have feelings of inadequacy that are temporarily mollified by exerting power over someone weaker than them.

This holds true for doctors who molest gymnasts, coaches who assault athletes, movie producers that assault actresses, guards who assault prisoners, priests who molest boys or athletes who assault young women. There is almost always a power imbalance and it's the imbalance that is being exploited, and sex just happens to be the tool through with the domination gets expressed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sexual assault is not about sex, it's about power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is about people with power dominating people with less power -- because they can. Presumably because they get off on it or they have feelings of inadequacy that are temporarily mollified by exerting power over someone weaker than them.

This holds true for doctors who molest gymnasts, coaches who assault athletes, movie producers that assault actresses, guards who assault prisoners, priests who molest boys or athletes who assault young women. There is almost always a power imbalance and it's the imbalance that is being exploited, and sex just happens to be the tool through with the domination gets expressed.

Thanks for memory jog CL. I remember reading something like you posted in the past about power and position. Makes sense. I'd forgotten. I should have browsed the thread. I most likely would have found the postings. Again thanks CL.

Time for breakfast. I have a single server waffle maker. Gonna have a home made waffle, bacon, egg over easy, coffee and orange juice.

Enjoy the weekend.....👌💖.....

EDIT
This thread is 311 days old and counting.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Asia Argento, Who Accused Weinstein, Made Deal With Her Own Accuser

Quote:
The Italian actress and director Asia Argento was among the first women in the movie business to publicly accuse the producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault. She became a leading figure in the #MeToo movement. Her boyfriend, the culinary television star Anthony Bourdain, eagerly joined the fight.

But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.

LINK
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Yes, but that still doesn't answer the showering area starting point poll.
2017 Summer League Champs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
The Italian actress and director Asia Argento was among the first women in the movie business to publicly accuse the producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault. She became a leading figure in the #MeToo movement. Her boyfriend, the culinary television star Anthony Bourdain, eagerly joined the fight.

But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.

LINK

This is crazy. A crime that could land you in prison.

Rose McGowan and Asia Argento are both pretty awful. It's unfortunate that they are the face of this movement. I'm extremely liberal, but in some ways I fear that there will be more harm than good that comes out of all this. Sort of like the Black Lives Matter movement. I was all for it at the time but all it did was piss off a bunch of white people and help Trump win.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Watching MSNBC the discussion is about Asia Argento's sexual abuse.Your point about power is being hammered into my head. The average thickness of a male skull is 0.25 inches (6.5 millimeters) mine is twice the average thickness. It's beginning to sink in.

Your point about inadequacy more addresses my boggle than the power position. Maybe it's the stimulus needed to perform?

I googled Asia's photos and allegations. She's a naughty girl.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

2017 Summer League Champs wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

This is crazy. A crime that could land you in prison.

Rose McGowan and Asia Argento are both pretty awful. It's unfortunate that they are the face of this movement. I'm extremely liberal, but in some ways I fear that there will be more harm than good that comes out of all this. Sort of like the Black Lives Matter movement. I was all for it at the time but all it did was piss off a bunch of white people and help Trump win.

if BLM pissed off anyone shame on them and you know what that says about them that you are upset that your fellow americans are asking that you remember that their lives matter too. Same goes for women in the #metoo movement. If some dudes get upset about it, shame on them and what does that say about them as individuals when you know women have been used and abused for centuries. So yes that coming out today is a terrible thing. but it should not change a single mind.

if you want a really harsh analogy look at it like this. drug dealing is illegal. but it's still illegal for another drug dealer to kill or steal from a drug dealer. wrong is wrong and right is right.

was what she did wrong? YEP. was what harvey did wrong? YEP.

I dont care who tells it. if it's truth, its truth. It's like if the victims are perfect victims it means they're not victims at all. Who made that up?

some shady dudes may try to use this issue as an excuse to cover for predators like harvey and make it seem ok. just like some shady people tried to make Trayvon martin look like a drug addict bad boy. It doesnt matter what he was or wasnt. did that incident occur? YES, Should that incident never happened? YEP. Was that incident occuring all Z's fault? YEP. He should've never followed the kid, you aint no cop. Same goes for this nonsense. dont use the not so perfect victim as an excuse to not punish or tell the truth about victimizers.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Watching MSNBC the discussion is about Asia Argento's sexual abuse.Your point about power is being hammered into my head. The average thickness of a male skull is 0.25 inches (6.5 millimeters) mine is twice the average thickness. It's beginning to sink in.

Your point about inadequacy more addresses my boggle than the power position. Maybe it's the stimulus needed to perform?

I googled Asia's photos and allegations. She's a naughty girl.

simply put sexual predators are bullies. if you know anything about bullies. you know that they 9 times out of 10 have some inadequacy or at least they feel that way due to society making them feel that way or them being bullied or treated a certain way as a child themselves.

Bullies usually are the product of being bullied. It's a choice some people make to cope with it. This is why I think the catholic church issues is ingrained at the priest level. if it has happened to you and you and you and you what do me the priest look like calling the cops on you or telling the world what you did when I know thats how it goes here. because it happened to me. that kind of mentality. shameful, terrible...yes. but thats pretty much how its been going. For all we know this woman could've turned into a predator post harvey or post some other abuse. doesnt make it less wrong but its truth you have to think about. it's like vampires, one vampire bites you and turns you, you bite someone else and turn them. on and on and on.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

Asia Argento Denies Sexual Assault

Quote:
Asia Argento said Tuesday that she never had “any sexual relationship” with a man who has accused her of molesting him when he was a minor, and that her former boyfriend, the late Anthony Bourdain, urged her to agree to a financial settlement to end the man’s “long-standing persecution” of her.

In a statement first reported by journalist Yashar Ali, Argento said that her accuser, former child actor Jimmy Bennett, was “considered dangerous” by Bourdain and that a $380,000 payout to him was a way “to deal compassionately with Bennett’s demand for help” after the actor “unexpectedly made an exorbitant request of money from me.” Argento said she was “deeply shocked and hurt by having read news that is absolutely false,” referring to a report in the New York Times detailing the settlement and Bennett’s allegation that the Italian actress-director sexually assaulted him in 2013, when he was a teenager.

Quote:
“Anthony insisted the matter be handled privately and this was also what Bennett wanted,” Argento said in her statement. “Anthony was afraid of the possible negative publicity that such person, whom he considered dangerous, could have brought upon us. We decided to deal compassionately with Bennett’s demand for help and give it to him. Anthony personally undertook to help Bennett economically, upon the condition that we would no longer suffer any further intrusions in our life.

full statement at link
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Asia Argento said Tuesday that she never had “any sexual relationship” with a man who has accused her of molesting him when he was a minor, and that her former boyfriend, the late Anthony Bourdain, urged her to agree to a financial settlement to end the man’s “long-standing persecution” of her.

In a statement first reported by journalist Yashar Ali, Argento said that her accuser, former child actor Jimmy Bennett, was “considered dangerous” by Bourdain and that a $380,000 payout to him was a way “to deal compassionately with Bennett’s demand for help” after the actor “unexpectedly made an exorbitant request of money from me.” Argento said she was “deeply shocked and hurt by having read news that is absolutely false,” referring to a report in the New York Times detailing the settlement and Bennett’s allegation that the Italian actress-director sexually assaulted him in 2013, when he was a teenager.

Quote:
“Anthony insisted the matter be handled privately and this was also what Bennett wanted,” Argento said in her statement. “Anthony was afraid of the possible negative publicity that such person, whom he considered dangerous, could have brought upon us. We decided to deal compassionately with Bennett’s demand for help and give it to him. Anthony personally undertook to help Bennett economically, upon the condition that we would no longer suffer any further intrusions in our life.

full statement at link
you beat me to it CL. I hope she's telling the truth. again, it doesnt matter in regards to harvey because harvey is harvey regardless of what Asia did or did not do. But I guarantee you she's about to catch the new hell from the same people that were riding her after bourdain died. They will come back out talking about how Asia is using him even in death to cover her wrongdoings. Truth is, we may never know if what she said happened or not. Especially since AB is no longer with us.
2017 Summer League Champs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

full statement at link

I hope this is true, but it's really tacky to bring her dead boyfriend into it. She probably shouldn't say she only settled because of Bourdain. Kind of like Kevin Spacey using his apology to come out of the closet which was both transparent and in bad taste.

I have no idea if this allegations are true, but it's a little harder to believe her than some of the other accusations being thrown around because 1) It wasn't done to keep it out of the press like she suggests because the press was going to find out about it eventually. 2) If he really wanted to go after her he could have said she molested him at a much younger age when she played his mother. 3) She paid $380K to purchase an incriminating photo of them in bed together.

Like I said I have no idea if the allegations are true, but Asia was never a good figure to put as one of the leading voices of the metoo movement. Because of her father I have followed her far longer than most Americans. I have watched the movies she has directed like Scarlet Diva and The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things. She has always come off a little crazy. When she was younger she always portrayed herself as a victim and came off as a narcissist who craved attention. Even now the statement acts like she is a widow who made a grand gesture to help the "victim" out and turn his life around. She barely knew the kid and obviously wouldn't want to help him out if he was blackmailing her.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

[quote="ChefLinda"]Asia Argento Denies Sexual Assault

Quote:
Asia Argento

McGowan advised her Twitter followers to be gentle and she got caught in a fast-moving Twitter bee swarm, too. Just saw it from a random article at Yahoo. Maybe a 60/40 female/male audience judging by a few squints. I don't post on Twit(ter) and was one of the last Americans to even sign up on the site (and was sad with myself for finally caving), but that was ill-advised even if she meant something else contextually. She misread her followers. They want truth IS truth. Trumpers want truth is NOT truth. Gotta know your demo.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

full statement at link

That's an awful lot of accommodation to a person who is a supposedly lying and considered dangerous.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't pay out $380,000 dollars to someone who is threatening me with lies and also poses a physical threat to me. There are other recourses in regards to handling such situations that don't involve secret capitulation.

And that's ignoring the fact that there is apparently a photo of them at least partially nude, in bed together and in post-coital bliss.

And it's a shame that she has brought Anthony into it when he is not around to have his own voice in confirming or denying what she says. Especially considering that her infidelity in their relationship was a huge factor inboxed the last portion of his life.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

TMZ posted photos today
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

The general silence regarding this Argento business is a beautifully wrapped gift to the people that hope to discredit the progress that has been made in the last year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The general silence regarding this Argento business is a beautifully wrapped gift to the people that hope to discredit the progress that has been made in the last year.

Problem for her is that the kid was 17 when this happened and in California that means she is in big trouble.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Louis CK returned to the stage this past weekend, albeit a small stage that is the Comedy Cellar in New York.

I'm glad he's back doing stand-up again but my feelings are pretty much the same as Michael Ian Black's:

http://www.michaelianblack.org/blog/2018/8/28/a-little-warmth
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
Louis CK returned to the stage this past weekend, albeit a small stage that is the Comedy Cellar in New York.

I'm glad he's back doing stand-up again but my feelings are pretty much the same as Michael Ian Black's:

I read a article awhile back that said he has sold out since the accusations.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wolverine wrote:

First of all, what does that even mean?

Second of all, "an article you read"? Suddenly the guy who posts links constantly is now without a link?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wolverine wrote:

First of all, what does that even mean?

Second of all, "an article you read"? Suddenly the guy who posts links constantly is now without a link?

I don't make things up. Is this satisfactory?

LINK

Quote:
Now, after years of unsubstantiated rumors about Louis C.K. masturbating in front of associates, women are coming forward to describe what they experienced. Even amid the current burst of sexual misconduct accusations against powerful men, the stories about Louis C.K. stand out because he has so few equals in comedy. In the years since the incidents the women describe, he has sold out Madison Square Garden eight times, created an Emmy-winning TV series, and accumulated the clout of a tastemaker and auteur, with the help of a manager who represents some of the biggest names in comedy.
And Louis C.K. built a reputation as the unlikely conscience of the comedy scene, by making audiences laugh about hypocrisy — especially male hypocrisy.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 31 of 44
Jump to: