Kenyon Martin accuses Jeremy Lin of cultural appropriation™; Lin shuts it down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2717
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Kenyon Martin accuses Jeremy Lin of cultural appropriation™; Lin shuts it down

https://i.imgur.com/mcw61y8.png
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 13112

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Mad props to Jeremy on how he responded to K-Mart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 26040

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

HipHop/Black culture is ev.ery.thing in this generation and sometimes we get very petty for our credit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22928

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

As an Viet bro that happened to find himself to stumble upon owning/operating a restaurant...the words "cultural appropriation" is gd comical.

I think chicks that dress in our tradtitional dresses are dope. I think people that are in love with our cuisine are awesome. I think people that want to learn more should be informed more. Go with it. You want to learn cook a Vietnamese dish? I'm here for y'all. I'm proud of my culture. If you like it and if you enjoy ....(bleep), I'm here for you. I love it. There's an entire cottage industry with conventions. etc for Japanese culture. Go on you!

I would seriously slap the gd jaw off EVERY, SINGLE, ONE of these cultural approiration maggots. Trash. There's this bile that comes out of my mouth when I read that sort of junk that I can not stop.

Enough is enough. Pieces of (bleep) are taking over our country's narrative. Ridiculous. Stop. We have enough problems.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 26040

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
As an Viet bro that happened to find himself to stumble upon owning/operating a restaurant...the words "cultural appropriation" is gd comical.

I think chicks that dress in our tradtitional dresses are dope. I think people that are in love with our cuisine are awesome. I think people that want to learn more should be informed more. Go with it. You want to learn cook a Vietnamese dish? I'm here for y'all. I'm proud of my culture. If you like it and if you enjoy ....(bleep), I'm here for you. I love it. There's an entire cottage industry with conventions. etc for Japanese culture. Go on you!

I would seriously slap the gd jaw off EVERY, SINGLE, ONE of these cultural approiration maggots. Trash. There's this bile that comes out of my mouth when I read that sort of junk.

Enough is enough. Pieces of (bleep) are taking over our narrative. Ridiculous. Stop. We have enough problems.


Coming from this whole young culture I see both sides of it. Just because all of the cultural black/hiphop appropriation that I see is suuuper corny. Every white kid now has a suburban Eminem flair.
I see a lot of cultural appropriation as being wack, because, the original culture is just best at it. As a black person we see this appropriation everywhere, every second - sometimes (unfortunately?) we get petty and want to be like "just a reminder, that was our thing". If K.Martin doesn't call that out, is anyone thinking "Jeremy Lin is adopting black culture by wearing this hairstyle", no, the appropriation is so common that we are no longer getting our credit. Martin unfortunately was rude and degrading about it. So I don't condone the way he went about getting our credit.

I'm not a habitual "cultural appropriation caller", but a lot of times I'm like -- why is this kid thriving off our influence when he's doing a bad/corny impression.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22928

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
As an Viet bro that happened to find himself to stumble upon owning/operating a restaurant...the words "cultural appropriation" is gd comical.

I think chicks that dress in our tradtitional dresses are dope. I think people that are in love with our cuisine are awesome. I think people that want to learn more should be informed more. Go with it. You want to learn cook a Vietnamese dish? I'm here for y'all. I'm proud of my culture. If you like it and if you enjoy ....(bleep), I'm here for you. I love it. There's an entire cottage industry with conventions. etc for Japanese culture. Go on you!

I would seriously slap the gd jaw off EVERY, SINGLE, ONE of these cultural approiration maggots. Trash. There's this bile that comes out of my mouth when I read that sort of junk.

Enough is enough. Pieces of (bleep) are taking over our narrative. Ridiculous. Stop. We have enough problems.


Coming from this whole young culture I see both sides of it. Just because all of the cultural black/hiphop appropriation that I see is suuuper corny. Every white kid now has a suburban Eminem flair.
I see a lot of cultural appropriation as being wack, because, the original culture is just best at it. As a black person we see this appropriation everywhere, every second - sometimes (unfortunately?) we get petty and want to be like "just a reminder, that was our thing". If K.Martin doesn't call that out, is anyone thinking "Jeremy Lin is adopting black culture by wearing this hairstyle", no, the appropriation is so common that we are no longer getting our credit. Martin unfortunately was rude and degrading about it. So I don't condone the way he went about getting our credit.

I'm not a habitual "cultural appropriation caller", but a lot of times I'm like -- why is this kid thriving off our influence when he's doing a bad/corny impression.



And for what it's worth, there are a (bleep) TON of non-AsianS that are into the gaming/anime scene. As a person with tentacles decades deep in the industry, that sort of love is embraced. Why should it not be?

I respect you bro so your response means something. What do you think of Wu-Tangs embrace of thh Chinese cultere? I thought it was dope asf.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!


Last edited by jonnybravo on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 26040

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
As an Viet bro that happened to find himself to stumble upon owning/operating a restaurant...the words "cultural appropriation" is gd comical.

I think chicks that dress in our tradtitional dresses are dope. I think people that are in love with our cuisine are awesome. I think people that want to learn more should be informed more. Go with it. You want to learn cook a Vietnamese dish? I'm here for y'all. I'm proud of my culture. If you like it and if you enjoy ....(bleep), I'm here for you. I love it. There's an entire cottage industry with conventions. etc for Japanese culture. Go on you!

I would seriously slap the gd jaw off EVERY, SINGLE, ONE of these cultural approiration maggots. Trash. There's this bile that comes out of my mouth when I read that sort of junk.

Enough is enough. Pieces of (bleep) are taking over our narrative. Ridiculous. Stop. We have enough problems.


Coming from this whole young culture I see both sides of it. Just because all of the cultural black/hiphop appropriation that I see is suuuper corny. Every white kid now has a suburban Eminem flair.
I see a lot of cultural appropriation as being wack, because, the original culture is just best at it. As a black person we see this appropriation everywhere, every second - sometimes (unfortunately?) we get petty and want to be like "just a reminder, that was our thing". If K.Martin doesn't call that out, is anyone thinking "Jeremy Lin is adopting black culture by wearing this hairstyle", no, the appropriation is so common that we are no longer getting our credit. Martin unfortunately was rude and degrading about it. So I don't condone the way he went about getting our credit.

I'm not a habitual "cultural appropriation caller", but a lot of times I'm like -- why is this kid thriving off our influence when he's doing a bad/corny impression.



And that's O. K. my friend. It doesn't have to meant anyhting. He likes it, albeit he's failing miserably. But it's O. K.


Right. And I don't think there's anything wrong with being influenced by this&that, it's how all of our personalities are shaped --- there's just a line where you can see it's not truly who that person is, they're trying too hard. At that point, everyone calls it out (whether you're the OG culture or not), and say "why are you trying to act like that"........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22928

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
As an Viet bro that happened to find himself to stumble upon owning/operating a restaurant...the words "cultural appropriation" is gd comical.

I think chicks that dress in our tradtitional dresses are dope. I think people that are in love with our cuisine are awesome. I think people that want to learn more should be informed more. Go with it. You want to learn cook a Vietnamese dish? I'm here for y'all. I'm proud of my culture. If you like it and if you enjoy ....(bleep), I'm here for you. I love it. There's an entire cottage industry with conventions. etc for Japanese culture. Go on you!

I would seriously slap the gd jaw off EVERY, SINGLE, ONE of these cultural approiration maggots. Trash. There's this bile that comes out of my mouth when I read that sort of junk.

Enough is enough. Pieces of (bleep) are taking over our narrative. Ridiculous. Stop. We have enough problems.


Coming from this whole young culture I see both sides of it. Just because all of the cultural black/hiphop appropriation that I see is suuuper corny. Every white kid now has a suburban Eminem flair.
I see a lot of cultural appropriation as being wack, because, the original culture is just best at it. As a black person we see this appropriation everywhere, every second - sometimes (unfortunately?) we get petty and want to be like "just a reminder, that was our thing". If K.Martin doesn't call that out, is anyone thinking "Jeremy Lin is adopting black culture by wearing this hairstyle", no, the appropriation is so common that we are no longer getting our credit. Martin unfortunately was rude and degrading about it. So I don't condone the way he went about getting our credit.

I'm not a habitual "cultural appropriation caller", but a lot of times I'm like -- why is this kid thriving off our influence when he's doing a bad/corny impression.



And that's O. K. my friend. It doesn't have to meant anyhting. He likes it, albeit he's failing miserably. But it's O. K.


Right. And I don't think there's anything wrong with being influenced by this&that, it's how all of our personalities are shaped --- there's just a line where you can see it's not truly who that person is, they're trying too hard. At that point, everyone calls it out (whether you're the OG culture or not), and say "why are you trying to act like that"........


Fair enough and I hate using the same word in a sentence but to be fair to Jermey, I've lit him ujp sooo hard as a player (to be fair I'd totally take him back). But dude's been (bleep) around with every hair style known to man last year. To ascribe the decision to get cornrows as a conscious decisoin to culturally apporiate...Chucker is just going down the list of iconic hairstlyles. It's bordering on the province of...ffs...reallly?
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 26040

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject:

I agree. Lin is just going down the list of hairstyles.. For KMart to really go in on him, was just stupid, and really mean. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22928

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I agree. Lin is just going down the list of hairstyles.. For KMart to really go in on him, was just stupid, and really mean. lol



You are so my bro and you should always know that. If you are ever in the OC, come out and have some brews. We got a gang about to figure out a way to congregate for the Dodgesr triumph! Join ua!
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 26040

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I agree. Lin is just going down the list of hairstyles.. For KMart to really go in on him, was just stupid, and really mean. lol



You are so my bro and you should always know that. If you are ever in the OC, come out and have some brews. We got a gang about to figure out a way to congregate for the Dodgesr triumph! Join ua!


haha you're typing is hilarious my guy! lol. thanks man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 16567
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject:

Lin's response was too dope.
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 4156

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject:

Passive-aggressive, yet polite.
_________________
Avenue of the Champions! RIP Dr Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 16407

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject:

This is one of the things that helped form the image of the standard social justice warrior as an idiot. Note it's often someone like Kenyon Martin who goes there. I think that says something about the validity of such a claim. Anyone with more sense wouldn't bother. At the end of the day, you're getting yourself worked up about hair. If that sounds silly, it's because it is. It's like no one's gonna accuse The Wu Tang Clan of appropriating Asian imagery or whatever because that would be similarly lame.

Hair.

Hair...

No, no, no, not a cultural this or that...

It's hair, man. Hair.

We're talkin bout hair.

Now excuse me while I go twist my dreads.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL

WILBON PROPS NPZ's MAGIC MAN MIX ON PTI!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2717
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
we get petty


summary
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 81777

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject:

Wow, retirement is unkind to KMart. Picking fights left and right for no reason with NBA players and retired coaches.
_________________
"You will be so appreciative of being able to stand, walk, run that you will train harder than you ever have. You see the belief within you grow with each mini milestone and you will come back a better player for it."

-Kobe to G.Hayward
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 13737
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

What am I missing in this whole cultural appropriation thing? It is a melting pot....a little bit of you goes in, and you take a little out. I thought in a way, cultural appropriation was kind of the goal in America?
_________________
"Being a Laker matters. Jason Kidd is known as a Hall of Famer, but if he played for the Lakers he would be remembered as a LEGEND" Colin Cowherd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 16567
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
What am I missing in this whole cultural appropriation thing? It is a melting pot....a little bit of you goes in, and you take a little out. I thought in a way, cultural appropriation was kind of the goal in America?


You know we thought a lot of things, and the 2016 election revealed that we're not united as we thought.
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 18929

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
What am I missing in this whole cultural appropriation thing? It is a melting pot....a little bit of you goes in, and you take a little out. I thought in a way, cultural appropriation was kind of the goal in America?


I thought the funny part was that KMart has Chinese characters on his arms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23694

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Anyone that takes anything Kenyon Martin says seriously should take a deep breath. That guy has severe emotional problems and is dumb as rocks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25373

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Kenyon was never the smartest tool in the ...
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 16407

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
As an Viet bro that happened to find himself to stumble upon owning/operating a restaurant...the words "cultural appropriation" is gd comical.

I think chicks that dress in our tradtitional dresses are dope. I think people that are in love with our cuisine are awesome. I think people that want to learn more should be informed more. Go with it. You want to learn cook a Vietnamese dish? I'm here for y'all. I'm proud of my culture. If you like it and if you enjoy ....(bleep), I'm here for you. I love it. There's an entire cottage industry with conventions. etc for Japanese culture. Go on you!

I would seriously slap the gd jaw off EVERY, SINGLE, ONE of these cultural approiration maggots. Trash. There's this bile that comes out of my mouth when I read that sort of junk.

Enough is enough. Pieces of (bleep) are taking over our narrative. Ridiculous. Stop. We have enough problems.


Coming from this whole young culture I see both sides of it. Just because all of the cultural black/hiphop appropriation that I see is suuuper corny. Every white kid now has a suburban Eminem flair.
I see a lot of cultural appropriation as being wack, because, the original culture is just best at it. As a black person we see this appropriation everywhere, every second - sometimes (unfortunately?) we get petty and want to be like "just a reminder, that was our thing". If K.Martin doesn't call that out, is anyone thinking "Jeremy Lin is adopting black culture by wearing this hairstyle", no, the appropriation is so common that we are no longer getting our credit. Martin unfortunately was rude and degrading about it. So I don't condone the way he went about getting our credit.

I'm not a habitual "cultural appropriation caller", but a lot of times I'm like -- why is this kid thriving off our influence when he's doing a bad/corny impression.


I understand when there are complaints about some really egregious rip off of an ethnic group's own created/established contribution to pop culture when the offender is using it to financially gain. EG: Beastie Boys immediately sprung up like a mushroom after rap had just been promulgated to the masses. I heard that some black artists were leery about it, but those qualms eventually dissipated when the Beasties were found to be honest/earnest and that they had their own niche instead of being a blatant ripoff of black acts. Saw a thing where Grandmaster Flash credited them for being legitimately "funky" in their own sendoff type of way.

Otoh, Dick Clark and mainstream channels trying to rip off the idea of Soul Train when it became popular was a different matter. The black crew and a lot of black viewers were pissed that Dick Clark came sniffing around to outright steal a concept that was proven to work after no "white" channels/producers would've aired it. Saw that documentary about Soul Train on VH1-Classic. Don Cornelius and others threatened a boycott for anyone trying to rip off the concept and there were actually clear attempts.

Now this hair stuff... When I think of dreads, I think of Bob and Jean-Michel Basquiat. I don't think of whites or Asians or Kardassian gurlz. Marley is the T-shirt decal image of dreads as El Che is the T-shirt decal image of Latin revolutionaries. When a Dan Majerle tries to look like Bob Marley, it might be a One Love message. Maybe Dan digs Bob's message. It can't always be a bad thing. Irie, mon. (I just appropriated there).
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL

WILBON PROPS NPZ's MAGIC MAN MIX ON PTI!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10891

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
What am I missing in this whole cultural appropriation thing? It is a melting pot....a little bit of you goes in, and you take a little out. I thought in a way, cultural appropriation was kind of the goal in America?

I would argue cultural appropriation is different than a real melting pot. A melting pot implies that the constituent parts are actually mixed together. I guess something like how early rock was a mix of a lot of black music (gospel, blues, jazz, etc.) and some white music (country, folk). Rather, cultural appropriation isn't a true integration but rather the dominant culture just choosing what suits it. So, cultural appropriation is simply homogenization of the second culture, where a melting pot is a true amalgamation.

The consequence of this homogenization is that the cultural practice will be bastardized beyond recognition. I have many Indian-born relatives and acquaintances who don't even consider American yoga to be yoga (it's supposed to be mental and spiritual as much as physical). I didn't realize for years that the pranayam my mom did every morning was actually yoga because it was unrecognizable from what I had learned via American culture.

Anyway, that addresses your question about cultural appropriation vs melting pot, but it doesn't address the full scope of cultural appropriation. Obviously you can't really bastardize dreads... it's just a hairstyle. There's something different going on there.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
IPK
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 6140

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject:

Kenyon Martin wrote:
This was never meant to be racial. It was thought of as what would've been done in our locker room. It would've been jokes. We would've been making jokes. It's far from racist. I guess saying "Wanting to be black" made it racial. But I despise people that look down because of race. It was meant to be a "Ha Ha Ha" moment. If you watch, I was laughing in the statements. It got taken too far. I wanted to clear the air. I don't know Jeremy. He's had a few crazy hairstyles before and I had the same thought process: 'what the heck.' But I wasn't trying to be racist. I didn't even know he did the Players Tribune thing.

I recently erased the post off my page. People were sending messages to my son. Like, no. Say whatever to me and about me. I have thick skin. I know what my intentions were. But then those are the things that are coming across. You n----- this. Your n----- that.


Kenyon Martin wrote:
If you listen to it, I was saying he wouldn't have made it in our locker room. We would've made jokes every single day. He is a grown man. He can rock whatever hairstyle he wants to rock. People missed all of that. Just like I'm a grown man. I can say whatever I want.


LINK
_________________
Our song to Phil, the man behind LG: "Miss u"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2717
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
Kenyon Martin wrote:
This was never meant to be racial. It was thought of as what would've been done in our locker room. It would've been jokes. We would've been making jokes. It's far from racist. I guess saying "Wanting to be black" made it racial. But I despise people that look down because of race. It was meant to be a "Ha Ha Ha" moment. If you watch, I was laughing in the statements. It got taken too far. I wanted to clear the air. I don't know Jeremy. He's had a few crazy hairstyles before and I had the same thought process: 'what the heck.' But I wasn't trying to be racist. I didn't even know he did the Players Tribune thing.

I recently erased the post off my page. People were sending messages to my son. Like, no. Say whatever to me and about me. I have thick skin. I know what my intentions were. But then those are the things that are coming across. You n----- this. Your n----- that.


Kenyon Martin wrote:
If you listen to it, I was saying he wouldn't have made it in our locker room. We would've made jokes every single day. He is a grown man. He can rock whatever hairstyle he wants to rock. People missed all of that. Just like I'm a grown man. I can say whatever I want.


LINK


Smart enough to backpedal, too dumb and too selfish to know he shouldn't have said anything in the first place.
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB