Would you make this deal? Orlando-Lakers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Would you make this deal? Orlando-Lakers

Im starting to like Kwame at C despite his bad hands at times. I think we are better defensively with him at C. Making Mihm expendable. Phil is slowly changing kwame's mindset. Dont worry about offense,just be a defender/rebounder.

Outgoing

Mihm
Medvedenko
mckie

Incoming

Keyon dooling
Turkolu

why for Magic? They get a C to go alongside dwight howard. there are lacking size at C.

Lakers? We get a solid on ball defender in dooling who is athletic. Plus Turkolu provides outside shooting. He averages 14 points per game

C Kwame/bynum
PF Lamar/cook/turiaff
SF Turkolu/george
G Kobe/wafer
G Dooling/smush/sasha

you can change the lineup to your liking.

I prefer dooling starting because he is a better on ball defender then smush and sasha. Nothing major,but just a tinker to try and get us over the hump with a couple of small pieces.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

nope.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Horrible.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

what youre not including bynum in a deal?
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

If I've told myself once, I've told myself a million times. Avoid eye contact with B-Scott's threads.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

Try this from O to LA cause that isn't the greatest proposal...Battie and Jameer Nelson for Mihm, Slava, Mckie and the Miami 1st
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Turkolu is averaging 17 points last 10 games. I prefer dooling over Nielson. Big guard who is long/athletic. Solid defender.

Turkolu would be a 15 to 18 points scorer playing next to Lamar and kobe. Very good outside shooter. Would shine playing next to a superstar who draws double teams.

I think some of you guys are always searching for the pipedream blockbuster. Sometimes its the small deals that get you fro maybe 8th seed to 6th seed.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Try this from O to LA cause that isn't the greatest proposal...Battie and Jameer Nelson for Mihm, Slava, Mckie and the Miami 1st

Yeah THAT'S the ticket. We give up a MUCH better center to lesson ourselves at THAT critical position so we can gain a redundancy at PG with a pllayer who is smaller and barely better than Smush. WOW ... we could be a contender :roll:
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zhengi wrote:
If I've told myself once, I've told myself a million times. Avoid eye contact with B-Scott's threads.

Jake Speed, 1986
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

Zhengi wrote:

insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

What??? you really prefer Dooling over Nelson?...Nelson is a legit stud, why do you think they are already handing the reigns over to him and giving Franchise the boot?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

No.

The Lakers are short on quality bigs. Mihm is injured so it's less likely a taem would consider him.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:

It's like a fender-bender on the 405. You know you shouldn't slow down to take a look. It's just not good for anyone, but you do it anyways...
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Just...Jameer Nelson is much better than Smush, maybe you don't watch him much. And Battie is a defensive center, but whatever, I've only seen counter-productive posts from you. Instead of just blasting other people, why don't you present a scenario of your own? Maybe then it would actually be a discussion rather then you going, THATS the ticket...right
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

You think Kwame makes Mihm expendable?!

That's just wrong.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

That being said about Nelson, I still prefer Duhon
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

no need to trade a average big for some crappy smalls.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:

Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
venicebeach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

No, please
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

It's like a fender-bender on the 405. You know you shouldn't slow down to take a look. It's just not good for anyone, but you do it anyways...

so true
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

AGREED!!!
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

insidepresence wrote:
Just...Jameer Nelson is much better than Smush, maybe you don't watch him much. And Battie is a defensive center, but whatever, I've only seen counter-productive posts from you. Instead of just blasting other people, why don't you present a scenario of your own? Maybe then it would actually be a discussion rather then you going, THATS the ticket...right

Try reading my other posts for a change. Only a moron makes change just for the sake of change. My belief ... stated over and over again ... is to wait and see how our young talent develops. If Smush can develop consistency and Bynum is the real deal, then we'll know better what we need to return to the finals. Unless we can make a trade for a player who can return us to the finals immediately ... and only KG, TD, and LJ come to mind ... no way I make a trade for second rate talent like Battie and Nelson. They are not an upgrade over what we have now.

And I also guarantee I have actually watched them while you have not ... or you would not make such a stupid statement as Nelson is much better than Smush. I'm an NBA addict with the total NBA package AND a retired coach myself. I can only guess you are making that Nelson statement based on the strong 10 game stretch he had recently. Ten games does not a career make. And Battie a "defensive center"??? Are you basing this on his poor rebounding or his poor shot blocking or just the fact that he has no offensive game?

Just because people scream in favor of doing SOMETHING does not make them smart or right. Or have you forgotten the numerous fans shouting that Mitch should just DO IT and get ... Banks, Ely, Hunter, etc. etc. Sometimes the best plan is patience. If you don't believe me why not ask a Denver fan or a Knicks fan.

Last edited by NY_LakerFan on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

605 is worse than the 405...but ya I guess one is the same as any
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:

At this point I think this is just an act, I don't think anyone can really be that stupid.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
insidepresence wrote:

Try reading my other posts for a change. Only a moron makes change just for the sake of change. My belief ... stated over and over again ... is to wait and see how our young talent develops. If Smush can develop consistency and Bynum is the real deal, then we'll know better what we need to return to the finals. Unless we can make a trade for a player who can return us to the finals immediately ... and only KG, TD, and LJ come to mind ... no way I make a trade for second rate talent like Battie and Nelson. They are not an upgrade over what we have now.

And I also guarantee I have actually watched them while you have not ... or you would not make such a stupid statement as Nelson is much better than Smush. I'm an NBA addict with the total NBA package AND a retired coach myself. I can only guess you are making that Nelson statement based on the strong 10 game stretch he had recently. Ten games does not a career make. And Battie a "defensive center"??? Are you basing this on his poor rebounding or his poor shot blocking or just the fact that he has no offensive game?

Just because people scream in favor of doing SOMETHING does not make them smart or right. Or have you forgotten the numerous fans shouting that Mitch should just DO IT and get ... Banks, Ely, Hunter, etc. etc. Sometimes the best plan is patience. If you don't believe me why not ask a Denver fan or a Knicks fan.

I don't know why we are arguing...I was just going off what B-Scott said about Orlando, and tried to propose a better deal with Orlando...but the fact is the only person I would want for sure on Orlando is Howard, and no, I actually don't advocate a trade unless it is with our expirings...you need to calm down, you seem way to amped up over a simple discussion
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: