Can Ingram fulfill Magic's vision of him averaging 18+ ppg?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Brandon Ingram avg 18+ ppg this season?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 91 ]
Total Votes : 106

matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

No but Kuzma definitely can

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
IIRC Magic actually said he wanted BI scoring 20 ppg. I'd be happy with BI just averaging 15 points, 7 rebs and just playing Tayshaun Prince type defense. This notion of Magic wanting him to be our leading scorer is nuts.

I have preferred the Prince comparisons and expectations since he was drafted.

If he can sustain that level of contribution I would be thrilled. Prince was "only" a 14/5 /4/ 38% 3pt team leader in his peak years. His ability to play defense (individual and team) and contribute timely big shots was essential for the Pistons to win. IMO Ingram can be that player this year if not for a long career.

Trying to force him into an uncomfortable role as the leading scorer is not working. Just not that player IMO. Maybe he develops into that Alpha scorer but not this year.

He will have his nights when he is on and get over 20pts. But I see several players that can fill that role on the Lakers. I will not be surprised if they have several players in the low teens because of the inconsistency from night to night. Ingram will likely be another. Getting 10-12 pts for a couple nights then breaking out for 20+pts every few games when the matchups are favorable. Same as Randle, Kuzma, Lopez, Clarkson, Pope or even Ball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: