On Brandon Ingram Struggles... B/R & Podcast
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
The problem is everyone expecting and wanting fast production. The kid is what 20 and 1 month? Yes pressure needs to be put on him because this is the Lakers franchise so of course, expecting him to reach his potential faster than say Giannis (who turns 23 this year) is the floor that everyone has their sights on. Be real from time to time.

I mean Tatum is 19, and put up a fairly efficient 14/10/3 last night in his first game. Will not be surprised to see rookies like Jackson and DSJ put up 15+PPG this season....so I get why fans expect more from Ingram than last year.

Then again, he has an all star with him and I’d say top 2 PG in the league. Someone to take that pressure off him and all he needs to do is play his role. Makes a big difference.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

+ Al Horford
+ Gordon Hayward

And that includes practicing with these all star vets
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
The problem is everyone expecting and wanting fast production. The kid is what 20 and 1 month? Yes pressure needs to be put on him because this is the Lakers franchise so of course, expecting him to reach his potential faster than say Giannis (who turns 23 this year) is the floor that everyone has their sights on. Be real from time to time.

I mean Tatum is 19, and put up a fairly efficient 14/10/3 last night in his first game. Will not be surprised to see rookies like Jackson and DSJ put up 15+PPG this season....so I get why fans expect more from Ingram than last year.

Then again, he has an all star with him and I’d say top 2 PG in the league. Someone to take that pressure off him and all he needs to do is play his role. Makes a big difference.

had to stop reading here....you serious? Irving is not a top 2 PG in the NBA...in no particular order, Curry, Westbrook, Paul and John Wall are significantly better than Irving......and a case can be made that Lillard, Conley, and Lowry are better PG's than him.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

had to stop reading here....you serious? Irving is not a top 2 PG in the NBA...in no particular order, Curry, Westbrook, Paul and John Wall are significantly better than Irving......and a case can be made that Lillard, Conley, and Lowry are better PG's than him.

Lol stop. Stick with the topic. That’s my opinion and if you want to talk about PG rankings, we can open another topic.

All I am saying is competition brings the best out of players and when you have Kyrie, Horford, Gordon on your team and in one of the best teams last year, I’d say that’s less pressure to a better situation to live up to potential.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:

Lol stop. Stick with the topic. That’s my opinion and if you want to talk about PG rankings, we can open another topic.

All I am saying is competition brings the best out of players and when you have Kyrie, Horford, Gordon on your team and in one of the best teams last year, I’d say that’s less pressure to a better situation to live up to potential.

sure, but you cant drop a line like that and not expect someone to respond.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

True. Still would be nice to hear about these lofty expectations. Hey all I hear is BI killing it in practice. Damn, maybe he is! Only goes to show how bad his competition in practice is.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

one 25 point game doesn't mean much. Especially since it took him 23 shots to do it, and he had 0 assists. Definitely not a bad game from a second year player, but lets chill a little bit before anointing him lol.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

That is the basis of discussion, instead of taking pressure off of him the FO piled more pressure onto him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

one 25 point game doesn't mean much. Especially since it took him 23 shots to do it, and he had 0 assists. Definitely not a bad game from a second year player, but lets chill a little bit before anointing him lol.

we were not talking about Brown
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

True. Still would be nice to hear about these lofty expectations. Hey all I hear is BI killing it in practice. Damn, maybe he is! Only goes to show how bad his competition in practice is.

or maybe they are just not being physical with him in practice....seems like causes him the most problems in games.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dao wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

we were not talking about Brown
the same applies to Tatum. The rebounds look good but remember that the Celtics play a Horford, and underwhelming rebounder, at center, and have no PF. So there will be rebounds to be had. I expect Tatum to be good though, and probably average around 15 ppg.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

That is the basis of discussion, instead of taking pressure off of him the FO piled more pressure onto him.

I feel that’s our team for you. I mean, we as fans already have high expectations but with the new CBA, rule changes, game play, free agency, I hope we understand that it will take time.

The pressure will always be there If you affiliate with the Lakers. It’s like being part of the US, we are and should be prime cut meat. In addition, we do not have anyone to take pressure off any of our young bucks. That stems even back to DLO who always tried too much. It is the FOs fault for setting these expectations but I feel that it comes with optimism rather than just hope. When fans want to bash BI I feel it’s the same situation as DLO and will be the same once Ball hits a slump.

This is Magic and Pelinka’s actual first year so they get a go around with it to fix the Kupchak era. I already see improvements to the roster but we’re not there yet and that should be Ok. With all that said 41-41 this year boys!
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I hope it changes but from what I can see from BI, he's long but he's not explosive or particularly athletic.

Durant got more athletic over the course of his career so this gives me hope... but honestly BI looks very flat footed and it always takes him a second to get going/moving.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

Just my opinion but Kyrie belongs in the discussion as one of the best guards in this league. He's earned it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

Just my opinion but Kyrie belongs in the discussion as one of the best guards in this league. He's earned it.

I would put him @ 7 behind Conley....maybe just maybe 6th in front of Conley (if we are talking about PG's)....but he is not in that top tier of PG's (Curry, Westbrook, Paul and Wall)...and I think that is clearly supported by him not really being considered for All NBA teams.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

I would put him @ 7 behind Conley....maybe just maybe 6th in front of Conley (if we are talking about PG's)....but he is not in that top tier of PG's (Curry, Westbrook, Paul and Wall)...and I think that is clearly supported by him not really being considered for All NBA teams.

I don't feel like goin get the stats, but head to head he's out played Curry in their playoff match ups. And of all those other guys you mentioned none of them outside of Curry have willed a team into a championship with their efforts. It's like people forget what he did to Curry and Klay. His defense is why he doesn't make all NBA teams, and that's understandable. But I wouldn't put all those players ahead of him. This is all subjective though.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I don't feel like goin get the stats, but head to head he's out played Curry in their playoff match ups. And of all those other guys you mentioned none of them outside of Curry have willed a team into a championship with their efforts. It's like people forget what he did to Curry and Klay. His defense is why he doesn't make all NBA teams, and that's understandable. But I wouldn't put all those players ahead of him. This is all subjective though.

Curry, Westbrook, Harden....Isaiah Thomas....all were ALL NBA...none play defense very often.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: