JAZZ -at- LAKERS – 10-10-17 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Was at the game. A few thoughts:

-Lopez is ripped.
-Kuzma is the real deal. That spin move was insane live.
-BI looked to be pressing the whole game even when playing well.
-Rudy Gobert is enormous. Listed at what 7'3? Looked to be 5 inches taller than everyone else
-Randle is like a bull in a china shop out there. I keep waiting for the game to slow down for him, doesn't look like it has.
-Nance should start. Hes a better match with Lopez.
-Hart is so solid already. Takes no plays off.
-KCP was like a ghost. I forgot he was on the team until ready DB's write up.
-Clarkson was solid, not as talkative or happy as last year. Thinks he misses his buds.
Your assessments appears to be exactly "On Point"

The preseason is to try as many things as possible, given that the majority of the roster is new and very young - even the "veterans."

BI is very talented. Seems like he is trying to live up to what Magic said about him, maybe he should be the best BI can be. With the lineup of Lopez/Ennis/Nance/KCP - BI is the offense (with Lopez as the "Release").

Randle is a physical beast, the question is whether he iis a $20M a year player for the Lakers - especially with the CAP not going up?

Maybe JC can watch Melo (Knicks version) transformed/morphed/become Melo (OKC meets US Olympics team version)

Hopefully BI learn that one has to has to have mean intentions and attack hard when facing Gobert - an excellent defensive center. Maybe watching Kobe attack Yao Ming would be good

Having Kuzma, Lonzo, BI, Nance and KCP lineup would be exciting to watch, but not a steady diet
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I really wish Luke would reconsider the backup PG position. I think Caruso has earned it. Not only does he control the pace better but he also does a good job on defense. He switches properly and makes good effort on defense. Ennis should be the 3rd string PG with how he's played.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

One thing I notice with BI is that he panicks when he's open. It's like "oh f** I'm open, gotta shoot it now!!". He struggles to create separation from his man all the time that he gets excited/panicked when he's open and he's rushing his shot.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
I really wish Luke would reconsider the backup PG position. I think Caruso has earned it. Not only does he control the pace better but he also does a good job on defense. He switches properly and makes good effort on defense. Ennis should be the 3rd string PG with how he's played.

Forgot to mention him. He's NBA ready right now as a back up PG. Hope they don't send him down a lot, he looked very good.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

-Clarkson was solid, not as talkative or happy as last year. Thinks he misses his buds.

Was clear from media day that Clarkson was going to need an adjustment period. Good news is that he seems to be finding his way a little better on court.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
One thing I notice with BI is that he panicks when he's open. It's like "oh f** I'm open, gotta shoot it now!!". He struggles to create separation from his man all the time that he gets excited/panicked when he's open and he's rushing his shot.

Seems like he panics when he's not open too like, "Oh damn, I gotta take ti to the rack!!"
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

Was clear from media day that Clarkson was going to need an adjustment period. Good news is that he seems to be finding his way a little better on court.
Glad that he is adjusting to the demands of a quality NBA player where every possession counts and defense wins games - little motivation or reason to lose. Hopefully he will be talking more - especially on defense

BI is learning how to deal with high expectations. This season is strategic and revealing to young immensely talented players like Ingram, Embiid, Simmons and others
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: