Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?

Please respond if you remember Kobe's past all-star games as I do:

--1998, his first all star game. Kobe's having a great game vs Jordan and Karl takes him out of the game, thus insuring MJ gets the MVP.

--I forgot what year, but the year when Kobe was having a great game, but Iverson brought the East back in the 4th quarter, and Duncan misses an easy shot (his favorite bank shot) at the end of the game, and loses the game for the West. So despite Kobe's MVP performance, Iverson gets it instead.

--A couple of years ago, when the game went to double OT, and KG got the MVP for a great 2nd OT performance, but Kobe actually had the better game overall and made the clutch shots when it mattered.

Anyway, that's what I remember.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

who cares about the all star mvp?
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:

He did not got robbed las time, the west lost
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:

if Lakers make playoffs he should get season MVP
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Wow, nice response. Very constructive.

Quote:
He did not got robbed las time, the west lost

I don't think I said last year, I was talking about 3 other years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

um....ok. I agree with that.
But I was talking about the all-star game only. But, hey, both would be nice!
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I think Yao or T-mac will probaly get it.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

Players.
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Yao?! How is he going to get it unless the West force feeds him a la David Robinson?
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

Your mom.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

He has never been robbed of it. Every year he pretty much leads the west in scoring, yet the west losre forced to give MVP to the eastern MVP. If the west win, he will get it. Guaranteed.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?

superboy wrote:

--1998, his first all star game. Kobe's having a great game vs Jordan and Karl takes him out of the game, thus insuring MJ gets the MVP.

Kobe wasnt at the level yet to were its ok to take most of the shots they probably should have yanked him.

superboy wrote:

--I forgot what year, but the year when Kobe was having a great game, but Iverson brought the East back in the 4th quarter, and Duncan misses an easy shot (his favorite bank shot) at the end of the game, and loses the game for the West. So despite Kobe's MVP performance, Iverson gets it instead.

Iverson deserved it. Kobe got robbed because Duncan missed a shot that he had to get off quick because Kobe passed it to him late? Come on Kobe should had taken the shot

superboy wrote:

--A couple of years ago, when the game went to double OT, and KG got the MVP for a great 2nd OT performance, but Kobe actually had the better game overall and made the clutch shots when it mattered.

LOL you must have not seen that game KG dominated for pretty much the whole game especially in the 2nd OT which they won.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Your mom.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?

superboy wrote:

Kobe has already won an MVP and was booed for it in Phili. The other years you mention here he obviously didn't deserve them if someone else received it. I do remember Kobe dropping a few crucial points in the game KG won MVP though. Although I really remember it as Jordan's last game and his rainbow shot over KG to force OT.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

ill have you know my mother really does care about the all star mvp. so there.
freshprince
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

if west wins...kob or tmac will get mvp...mark this down!!!!

i can not predict the future but i will do my best screamin a smith impersonation...book it!!!!!

west should win this game so i will go with 80% kob takes home mvp honors!!!!
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Nash could easily take the West MVP if he has 15 or more dimes.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?

vanexelent wrote:
superboy wrote:

Kobe has already won an MVP and was booed for it in Phili. The other years you mention here he obviously didn't deserve them if someone else received it. I do remember Kobe dropping a few crucial points in the game KG won MVP though. Although I really remember it as Jordan's last game and his rainbow shot over KG to force OT.

That was over Marion.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?

eureca wrote:

Kobe wasnt at the level yet to were its ok to take most of the shots they probably should have yanked him.

That's just a pathetic attempt to cover up the fact that everybody had their tongues on Jordan's crack.

Kobe was on the bench the entire fourth quarter because he was a lock for MVP if the West won, and the way Kobe was playing, they would have won. That would have upset everybody who had tuned in to watch MJ teach this little punk who was boss in his first return to the all-star game since retirement. Seriously - their entire plan backfired. They hyped that game up so much as a matchup between Kobe and Jordan, so people would tune in to watch Jordan eat him alive. Instead, Kobe was owning that game in a huge way. He was drilling threes, dunking on putbacks, throwing it off the backboard for KG to flush, catching alley-oops from KG and throwing it down hardcore, dribbling behind the back to the same hand and finishing with a sick running hook. He was tearing it up. His play that day showed that he had every right to be there. He was awesome. It was a near perfect all-star performance. Then Karl benched him for the entire fourth quarter, and the East got the lead and MJ got the MVP. And everybody breathed a sigh of relief. Except me. I was pissed. I knew what they were doing.

Saying he wasn't at the level yet where he deserved to take the shots is just weak. Kobe didn't give a damn whether or not anybody thought he deserved the shots. He didn't need anybody's permission to have a great game. And yes - that day he was robbed hardcore.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
ill have you know my mother really does care about the all star mvp. so there.

That's what I said, right?
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I doubt T-Mac gets all-star MVP the way he's playing. McGrady seems to have lost it due to injuries.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

thank you. f'k the all star mvp. lakers need to worry about getting out of this f'n salary cap hell and put some players around kobe while he can still get it done at the level he's at.
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?

eureca wrote:

LOL you must have not seen that game KG dominated for pretty much the whole game especially in the 2nd OT which they won.

JO gets MVP coz he fouled Kobe on that 3 that took away Jordan's potential game winner ^.^ (doh!) KG won the game for the West in the next OT after Kobe made 2/3 FTs to tie it... but I thought the East had given up at that point already, I mean Jordan pretty much sat down after JO did that stupid foul on Kobe.. And I thought the LA All-Star (04) should've really been Co-MVP Shaq/Kobe.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:

every team has an mvp. however, the league mvp should go to a team that has the best record or at least the best record in their conference.

just because kobe is clearly the best laker doesn't mean he deserves the league mvp. if the lakers finish with the best record in the west, then kobe deserves the ultimate respect of league mvp.

i am one of the kobe supporters who get sick by lakers management cheap approach to building a contender. however, scoring 81 points on a team that is one game over .500 does not qualify as a league mvp. it qualifies as the most dominate player on a team that is wasting his talent. that's it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Your mom.

What a stupid and immature response

I hope you get suspended for that. Really just a silly thing to say.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: