Randle or Ingram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If u could keep only one of these players who would it be?
Randle
27%
 27%  [ 29 ]
Ingram
72%
 72%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 105

waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject:

Randle rebounds and handles the ball well, but this is the last year we get him cheap, so unless he takes a 1 year low $ offer, I think the team is likely to let him go. If he is patient and waits for the team to decide, then maybe they bring him back on a deal, if he ends up being the best we can get. Of course, Randle has all year to show that he can become a good scorer, including from the perimeter, and play good defense. Randle has to show it, if not for us, for whoever he think is going to give him a big contract.

BI wins, only because we still have him for another 3 years on his rookie deal, and he has more time to fix his game. I think BI will do well, playing alongside Ball, and the unselfish ball movement will help him become a better instinctual player. BI is basically where Randle was in his second year, and I think BI has more pressure as a #2 pick than Randle had as a #7 pick.

Both players have fuggly shooting and haven't really met expectations for lottery picks. The edge for BI, besides more years on his rookie deal, is I think he is a smarter player on Randle, and doesn't have Randle's bad habits of taking plays off mentally.

We'll see what happens, my guess is BI will play better defense against SF's than Randle plays against the PF's of the league. Let's see how they do.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

So we have become the cheap Donald Sterling Clippers?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

BI is the easy choice here as the result of the poll indicate. Ingram hasn’t even played his sophomore season yet and already looking like a better fit with this team than Julius. His chemistry with Lopez and Nance last night was beautiful to watch. With the emergence of Kuzma, Julius seems like the odd man out

Last edited by BigBoi on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

This is an interesting poll. With BI's struggles this year, and with Randle's improved play, I expected the results to be much closer.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
This is an interesting poll. With BI's struggles this year, and with Randle's improved play, I expected the results to be much closer.

They are yet to play any games this year. Preseason doesn’t count
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Not me because it is evident from many posts here that a lot of posters think that Randle is the same player he was 2 years ago. He is much better than Ingram but he has two years of experience on Brandon. Expect that gap to narrow as Ingram gets more experience.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

If I had to keep one it would be Ingram. If I had to start one it would be Randle.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Randle rebounds and handles the ball well, but this is the last year we get him cheap, so unless he takes a 1 year low $ offer, I think the team is likely to let him go. If he is patient and waits for the team to decide, then maybe they bring him back on a deal, if he ends up being the best we can get. o.

I can't imagine why Randle would sign a cheap, one-year deal or why he would wait for the Lakers as their fallback plan. We'll either make him an offer or his agent is going to start looking around for offers as soon as free agency begins (if not sooner). I don't know what the market for Randle would be (and a large part will depend what he does this year), but I suspect some team will offer him at least 3 years at $10 million per year.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Not me because it is evident from many posts here that a lot of posters think that Randle is the same player he was 2 years ago. He is much better than Ingram but he has two years of experience on Brandon. Expect that gap to narrow as Ingram gets more experience.

It’s about 2 things:

1. Randle is a free agent this year and he’ll get a big jump in salary; so you have to decide if he’s the guy you want to invest cap space in. The way to look at it: If he were on another team would he be a free agent you’d go after?

2. Ingram hasn’t shown much, but people he’s young and he offers the prospect/chance/hope/fantasy that maybe he’ll turn into a really good player while he’s still on a cheap contract so he won’t inhibit us signing other free agents.

So this is really a strange poll because whether we keep Randle has nothing to do with Ingram. It should really be about whether you throw money at Randle as a free agent. (But that’s not a question you can even answer until you see how he does this year). If I had to make the decision today, I’d let him walk. How I'll feel in 9 months is anyone's guess.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

Yes, let him walk because we are signing Lebron, PG, Westbrook and Chris Paul. But when we don’t, we get to watch a second young player developing and contributing on another team while hyping up the 2019 fantasy. We might turn into a good incubator for other NBA teams.

And asking if he were a FA on another team would we pursue him is all kinds of faulty. We have his Bird Rights, we wouldn’t if he were on a different team. Huge difference.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Yes, let him walk because we are signing Lebron, PG, Westbrook and Chris Paul. But when we don’t, we get to watch a second young player developing and contributing on another team while hyping up the 2019 fantasy. We might turn into a good incubator for other NBA teams.

And asking if he were a FA on another team would we pursue him is all kinds of faulty. We have his Bird Rights, we wouldn’t if he were on a different team. Huge difference.

And this rate we'll trade Ball by 2020.

Last edited by tnell on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

Wouldn’t surprise me
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Mark my words, the decision on Randle will not be a difficult one. His play will dictate his future with the Lakers. The back and forth at this point is futile, just watch him play and take it from there.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Mark my words, the decision on Randle will not be a difficult one. His play will dictate his future with the Lakers. The back and forth at this point is futile, just watch him play and take it from there.

+1 on this.

FO isnt playing around and everyone on the team is on notice. Either step up or step aside
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't really work as a concept where even though he stepped up they're still acting like it's somehow a competition between Randle and Nance. Nance played poorly the pre-season, and he didn't do particularly well as a starter, last game especially. If anything he showed what he is and he isn't. Randle and Kuzma outplayed everyone else during the pre-season including Ingram and I don't see any reward for it.

"Step up or step aside" doesn't work when it doesn't apply to everyone.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Doesn't really work as a concept where even though he stepped up they're still acting like it's somehow a competition between Randle and Nance. Nance played poorly the pre-season, and he didn't do particularly well as a starter, last game especially. If anything he showed what he is and he isn't. Randle and Kuzma outplayed everyone else during the pre-season including Ingram and I don't see any reward for it.

"Step up or step aside" doesn't work when it doesn't apply to everyone.

Step up or step aside unless you're a number two overall pick or you went to Disneyland with Coach Walton this summer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: