Bench +8 | Starters -14 ..... (Rotation so Unbalanced)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Bench +8 | Starters -14 ..... (Rotation so Unbalanced)

Update: Tonight

Based on what Luke's been saying, the starting line up will be:

Ball
KCP
Ingram
Nance
Lopez

The only real scorers on this team are basically Lopez and to a more unproven effect, Ingram, though very inconsistent. KCP and Nance (or Deng) are there for defense, and Ball doesn't really like to score as much as he wants to feed everyone else as the facilitator.

Then you have the bench:

Ennis
Clarkson
Kuzma
Randle
Zubac

The bench has got 3 legit go to scorers in JC, Randle, and Kuz. And aside from Zublocka, no one is really known for their defense.

Starters seem more built on defense, while the bench will be built on more scoring, but shouldn't we get a balance for both the starters and bench? Maybe swap a scorer from the bench to the starters, and a defender from the starters to the bench? Otherwise the starters will always have issues scoring and the bench will always have issues defending. It's almost one extreme over the other.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bench = too much Scorers? / Starters = too much Defenders?

Nashlight wrote:

Ball
KCP
Ingram
Nance
Lopez

The only real scorers on this team are basically Lopez and to a more unproven effect, Ingram, though very inconsistent. KCP and Nance (or Deng) are there for defense, and Ball doesn't really like to score as much as he wants to feed everyone else as the facilitator.

Then you have the bench:

Ennis
Clarkson
Kuzma
Randle
Zubac

The bench has got 3 legit go to scorers in JC, Randle, and Kuz. And aside from Zublocka, no one is really known for their defense.

Starters seem more built on defense, while the bench will be built on more scoring, but shouldn't we get a balance for both the starters and bench? Maybe swap a scorer from the bench to the starters, and a defender from the starters to the bench? Otherwise the starters will always have issues scoring and the bench will always have issues defending. It's almost one extreme over the other.

Yes that would be logical and obvious. I'm sure Luke will have to make a change 20 games in after they play terrible. I don't know why he doesn't just create a decent lineup now before the bad start they're going to have. It's like he's out to sabotage the Lakers with his ill fitting lineups. Not looking forward to this season.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

I really question what Larry Nance brings to the starting lineup.....he is marginally a better rim protector than Randle, but Randle smokes him when it comes to perimeter defense. Randle is also a much better offensive threat, Luke is trying to get canned, its the only thing I can think of.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Bench = too much Scorers? / Starters = too much Defenders?

Nashlight wrote:

Ball
KCP
Ingram
Nance
Lopez

Then you have the bench:

Ennis
Clarkson
Kuzma
Randle
Zubac

kuzma is a pretty darn good man defender as long as the guy he's guarding isnt super strong/big and knows how to throw his weight around. same for randle. randle and kuzma have quick lateral movement for guys their height. so they can cut off a regular drive by another faceup PF. Can kuuz hang with quick SF's? I dont know.

But I still get your point.

As of right now. My starting Lineup would have to be

pg- ball
Sg-KCP
SF-Kuz
PF-Randle
C- Lopez

---
Bench
pg- Ennis/Caruso
Sg- JC
Sf- BI
PF-Larry
C-ZuBlocka

The problem with the bench is that only JC can be seen as a real scorers scorer. BI is aggressive like a scorer but his skills have not caught up with his mentally..>YET.

Here's the thing on Larry nance jr. he can't start because he's too passive on offense. Its not that he can't score more. its that he wont. You cant have him and Ball in the game together not taking open looks passing it off to others. unless the other 3 are PG13, LBJ and some other stud scorer.

only one super passive guy per Team(starters/bench) Otherwise you will easily run into offensive issues.

The reason you have no choice but to start randle is because he's far and away our best rebounder. Lopez has never been known as a boards big.

BI doesnt rebound nearly enough(he should with his length) to compensate for Randle's absence in the starting lineup. So even if we play great defense. we will not finish that task by getting the board. we will allow a ton of offensive boards, you watch.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
I really question what Larry Nance brings to the starting lineup.....he is marginally a better rim protector than Randle, but Randle smokes him when it comes to perimeter defense. Randle is also a much better offensive threat, Luke is trying to get canned, its the only thing I can think of.

Apparently not getting in Lopez’s way is a positive trait.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

Laker fans are fickle, you thought we were quick to turn on Ingram after 2 preseason games, if Luke continues his nonsense, this will be his last year as the Lakers head coach. Heck, if he makes it to next year, he will be our longest tenured coach since Phil.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

In the preseason that rotation has worked, if it does in the regular season I won’t complain. We know that in crunch time Randle will be on the floor and that matters much more than who starts.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

Laker fans are fickle, you thought we were quick to turn on Ingram after 2 preseason games, if Luke continues his nonsense, this will be his last year as the Lakers head coach. Heck, if he makes it to next year, he will be our longest tenured coach since Phil.

I think if they have a terrible year, get no FA, and have another terrible year next year. Then they will be forced to make a change.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
In the preseason that rotation has worked, if it does in the regular season I won’t complain. We know that in crunch time Randle will be on the floor and that matters much more than who starts.

We must have watched a different game, we were horrendous in the preseason. Outside of the Knicks/Kings we looked like the worst team in the league.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
al242 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

I think if they have a terrible year, get no FA, and have another terrible year next year. Then they will be forced to make a change.

The problem is that the change should be in the FO. Luke has been given crap to work with.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Our bench scorers too much. Split em up.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bench = too much Scorers? / Starters = too much Defenders?

Nashlight wrote:

Ball
KCP
Ingram
Nance
Lopez

Then you have the bench:

Ennis
Clarkson
Kuzma
Randle
Zubac

I wouldn't consider Randle a "go to" scorer. Kuz ... we'll see what he is when the games get real. (I'd say the only player we have on the roster close to a proven go-to scorer is Lopez.)

There are so many questions about so many players, I wouldn't worry about who starts and who subs. I think there are going to be lots of changes throughout the season.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

i don't see any reason Nance should get significant minutes. dude hasn't improved one iota since coming into the league and is a net negative on the court

my preference would be

Starters
Ball/KCP/Ingram/Kuzma/Lopez

Bench
Caruso/Clarkson/Brewer/Deng/Randle

3rd String
Ennis/Hart/Deng/Nance/Zubac

Final 2 minutes
Ball/KCP/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

Start the KUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZ !!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

it'd be Ball, KCP, Kuzma, Randle, Lopez for me. But Luke ain't going with that so why bother
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
al242 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

The problem is that the change should be in the FO. Luke has been given crap to work with.

Luke hasn't done anything to elevate the team. In fact he's done the opposite. Even if they got him better players I doubt he could do anything with them. If they have a terrible year I don't see any FA wanting to come to play for Luke.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

These kids better develop their 2-way capabilities before summer comes and FO doing their FA picks
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
al242 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
al242 wrote:

Luke hasn't done anything to elevate the team. In fact he's done the opposite. Even if they got him better players I doubt he could do anything with them. If they have a terrible year I don't see any FA wanting to come to play for Luke.

I don’t see any FA wanting to come play with a lottery bound, dysfunctional organization. There are star players who will give Luke a thumbs up if FAs ask.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

some are underestimating Luke I think...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench = too much Scorers? / Starters = too much Defenders?

splashmtn wrote:
Nashlight wrote:

Ball
KCP
Ingram
Nance
Lopez

Then you have the bench:

Ennis
Clarkson
Kuzma
Randle
Zubac

kuzma is a pretty darn good man defender as long as the guy he's guarding isnt super strong/big and knows how to throw his weight around. same for randle. randle and kuzma have quick lateral movement for guys their height. so they can cut off a regular drive by another faceup PF. Can kuuz hang with quick SF's? I dont know.

But I still get your point.

As of right now. My starting Lineup would have to be

pg- ball
Sg-KCP
SF-Kuz
PF-Randle
C- Lopez

---
Bench
pg- Ennis/Caruso
Sg- JC
Sf- BI
PF-Larry
C-ZuBlocka

The problem with the bench is that only JC can be seen as a real scorers scorer. BI is aggressive like a scorer but his skills have not caught up with his mentally..>YET.

Here's the thing on Larry nance jr. he can't start because he's too passive on offense. Its not that he can't score more. its that he wont. You cant have him and Ball in the game together not taking open looks passing it off to others. unless the other 3 are PG13, LBJ and some other stud scorer.

only one super passive guy per Team(starters/bench) Otherwise you will easily run into offensive issues.

The reason you have no choice but to start randle is because he's far and away our best rebounder. Lopez has never been known as a boards big.

BI doesnt rebound nearly enough(he should with his length) to compensate for Randle's absence in the starting lineup. So even if we play great defense. we will not finish that task by getting the board. we will allow a ton of offensive boards, you watch.
Like your breakdown...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Start Kuzma. Problem solved

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
i don't see any reason Nance should get significant minutes. dude hasn't improved one iota since coming into the league and is a net negative on the court

I don't think that's fair. In Nance's first two years, he's only played 2,600 minutes -- which is not far off the minutes Randle got in his first full season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

No such thing as too many defense.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
No such thing as too many defense.

Except we don’t have any good defenders on the entire team, everyone is considered average at best. That’s why it’s puzzling because we could definitely use the offense.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

If those are the line ups, I'm afraid he will make the same mistake as last year: two units playing two different systems and hockey subs all the time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: