Gordon Hayward Breaks his Leg a Horrible Injury on National TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
what can you even say to something like this? I hope it didn't hurt as bad as it looked.

no medical background here at all, but is there a reason when something like that happens the medical personnel does not administer morphine immediately....like they do in the movies when a soldier has been shot or something. Maybe I am just allergic to pain, but I would prefer to reduce the pain first, then deal with my dangling limb.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
27 wrote:
what can you even say to something like this? I hope it didn't hurt as bad as it looked.

no medical background here at all, but is there a reason when something like that happens the medical personnel does not administer morphine immediately....like they do in the movies when a soldier has been shot or something. Maybe I am just allergic to pain, but I would prefer to reduce the pain first, then deal with my dangling limb.

Especially when you're on the court for the world to see. "Doc, give me a hit so I look all stoic and cool on tv while my foot is rotated backwards. Otherwise I'm going to scream in horror."
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jeff Goodman
ESPN Insider

Interesting comments to me from Ex-NBA player/Celtics forward Shavlik Randolph, who had similar injury to Gordon Hayward. "It's about a 4-6 month recovery. The ligaments take 6-8 weeks and the tibia was about three months to heal in all the places it broke. Ironically, I had the same injury and as bad as it looks it does heal back to 100 percent and does so surprisingly fast. I think there's a chance he could be back this season if he really pushed it. The team will be cautious to bring him back too fast, but I think he could by the end of the season. Maybe not back to full 100 percent by then, but I wouldn't be shocked if he can and does play."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: