Don't BOO Kwame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

Savory Griddles wrote:
Dude needs to wash the sand out of his vagina.

^ *Bump*
MrWhite77
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I'll be at the game tonight. Kwame is a Laker, I don't boo Lakers. He may not be the dream #1 pick, but i see him hustling. If he can continue to D up the bigs in the league and rebound, then i don't have a problem with him.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I wish fans could just take you're attitude for at least awhile MrWhite. If the kid has a nervous condition, what is upsetting him going to do? Man, it's tough enough. He's just a kid that was brought up wrong...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
I wish fans could just take you're attitude for at least awhile MrWhite. If the kid has a nervous condition, what is upsetting him going to do? Man, it's tough enough. He's just a kid that was brought up wrong...

if he has a "nervous condition" he sure chose the wrong profession.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad Laker fans boo Kwame he deserves it.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I had questioned Kwame's mental capacity to handle pressure before the trade was finalized this past summer and got my head chewed off. I mentioned the problems he had with Jordan and Doug Collins chewing into him and wondered how working with Phil and Kobe would be, if he didn't produce...

Did he not expect the booing from fans that are only used to seeing greatness? When they see a player getting paid a grip of money, stinking it up on the court...they're gonna boo.

I think Laker fans who have seen the best on the court before, deserve to continue seeing that. If fans pay lots of money that in a round-a-bout way contributes to his HUGE salary, the fans have every right to boo him out of the building.

Damn, pay me his freakin' salary, and I'll catch the damn ball and scramble for rebounds or at least make a better attempt at doing so (and I'm only 5'6)! Playing in the NBA is a privilege, he needs to start earning his pay check, otherwise the "boos" are not gonna stop.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I would never boo a laker at a game. The colors blind me from anything negative
MrWhite77
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm am willing to give Kwame this whole year to improve. If he had no Defense and couldn't rebound at all i'd be upset (still wouldn't boo a laker).

I know Laker fans expect greatness and championships, so does that mean that you were all gone between 89 and 2000?
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Put it this way, I was at the "81" game and the seat I was in was right above the Laker tunnel. When they were going into the tunnel, I started yelling at all of them, "Earn Your Pay Check" "Kobe can't do it all on his own".

To Chris Mihm, "You're just trade bait. Is that how they taught you to play defense at Texas?".

To Lamar Odom, "Do you have a right hand?".

To Kwame Brown, "We traded Caron for your sorry butt?"

After the half, the rest is history. That being said, no matter where I'm sitting, if I'm at the game, you better believe I'm gonna yell at them.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
If he decides to give back the money he earns when he plays like crap, then I'll stop booing.

This sorta attitude always amuses me. As if you pay his salary. I'm sure he'll apologize for playing badly as soon as you become the one who writes his checks. In the meantime, I hope you decide to not cash your paycheck when you spend too much time goofing off at work.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

MrWhite77 wrote:
I'm am willing to give Kwame this whole year to improve. If he had no Defense and couldn't rebound at all i'd be upset (still wouldn't boo a laker).

I know Laker fans expect greatness and championships, so does that mean that you were all gone between 89 and 2000?

Nope. I was still yelling at them when Sedale Threatt and Anthony Peeler were the starting guards. The team sucked back during those times, but they honestly played a lot harder than what I've seen from this current team.

I'm curious as to how many Laker fans actually played basketball and know how much heat you get from a coach if you mess up on the court. And that's just speaking from junior hight to high school.

These are supposed to be professionals. At times, watching this team, it seems like they're grammar school kids that need to be coddled and hugged because they messed up. Sorry, that's not gonna happen. Not when these players are being paid millions of dollars to entertain me. Not when I know what it's like to go all out on the court, only to have a slacking teammate be the cause of a loss.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

So much class here it's awe inspiring. I'm going to practice real hard to see if I can learn to be just as classy as so many here.

No longer am I pulling over to help the lady who is broken down on the side of the road. From now on I'm just gonna drive on by, honk my horn, and yell out at her to get a better job so she can afford a better car. The next time I see a beggar on the street I'm going to walk right up to him whip it out and pee all over him. When someone wants to merge on the freeway I'm not letting em in. Uhh uhh...no way no how. If they wanted to get on the freeway then they should have left home an hour earlier. Next time I see that ambulance coming screw them. The idiot probably did something stupid to injure himself and if he dies on the way to the hospital then tough shiese. If that guy couldn't suck it up enough to breath for another lousy 5 minutes then he deserves to die anyway. And what's up with all those damn handicap spaces. Ohhh poor little gimp can't walk from the end of the parking lot. Boo hoo... I'm parking in that space and screw them. A little extra walking will do their sorry arses a little good. Toughen them up a bit.

So thanx a lot Laker fans. I've lived an entire lifetime thinking I knew just what it meant to be classy and now I can see just how foolish I've been. But now that you've inspired me I'm going to work my darndest to become just as classy as so many of you!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:

No, I'm against booing Kwame...I don't boo my own team's players...May be he's not playing good now but he is a future superstar
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I agree don't boo him. He's on our team for better or worse, so as fans should have his back regardless. Of course we can whine about him on here, but don't boo him at the game!!!
MrWhite77
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I played ball. when someone was slacking i picked them up and told them to stop effing around. that's what you do as a captain, that's what i see Kobe doing. You don't get pist off and cry about them spoiling the game. That's how you end up like the Knicks where no one likes each other.

That's why you have leaders like Kobe. If Kobe isn't jumping all over him, there must be a reason.

Well put Aussie.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

MrWhite77 wrote:
I played ball. when someone was slacking i picked them up and told them to stop effing around. that's what you do as a captain, that's what i see Kobe doing. You don't get pist off and cry about them spoiling the game. That's how you end up like the Knicks where no one likes each other.

That's why you have leaders like Kobe. If Kobe isn't jumping all over him, there must be a reason.

Well put Aussie.

Funny, I was the captain too. If someone was in the wrong spot, I told them. And if it was in the heat of the battle, I didn't baby them. I didn't hug them and say, "it's okay, hunny. It'll be alright". I told them, "Get your butt over there now. What the hell are you doing? You know better." I was also the one to take as much blame as necessary when things went wrong.

Kobe does jump on his teammates and he did during their losing streak on the road.

Problem is, they don't really have the extra talent to bring their attitude and approach to Kobe's level. Let's face it, some people have that mental toughness, some people don't. Kwame is doing exactly what I expected and obviously Mitch Kupchak thought that he would do more. Only problem is that it still leaves the Lakers with nothing except a bunch of over paid roll players.

As a fan, I'm just not willing to accept that. I guess you could say it's very frustrating to think someone that has a 6'11" frame and had an NBA body coming into the league, can lope around like he doesn't really want to earn his pay. And I can't help but think, if I had that frame, I sure as hell would be working a lot harder...Some may say it's jealousy, others may see it as not appreciating those that take their fortune for granted.

smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I only find it wrong to boo players that are trying.

That does not describe Kwame, the man plays lazy at times.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
If he decides to give back the money he earns when he plays like crap, then I'll stop booing.

This sorta attitude always amuses me. As if you pay his salary. I'm sure he'll apologize for playing badly as soon as you become the one who writes his checks. In the meantime, I hope you decide to not cash your paycheck when you spend too much time goofing off at work.

I don't think it's too much to expect to see a professional performance when I pay top dollar to see a Lakers game or buy Lakers gear or support one of the companies who sponsor Lakers games. So, yes, in a way, I do pay his salary.

If it appears that I'm goofing off at work, I would expect to be reprimanded for it, but I guess your whiny, insecure PC attitude wouldn't allow that to happen. :roll:
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

smoothCbutla wrote:
I only find it wrong to boo players that are trying.

That does not describe Kwame, the man plays lazy at times.

Exactly. That's my point. When you go through watching the Showtime Lakers who never quit and always played together, watching these Lakers is like torcher. Like I said, even watching the early 90's to pre-Shaq/Kobe Lakers was more appealing because theyalways tried and always hussled.

Sometimes I wonder if half the team even wants to be in the arena, let alone being on the court.

MrWhite77
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
MrWhite77 wrote:

Well put Aussie.

Funny, I was the captain too. If someone was in the wrong spot, I told them. And if it was in the heat of the battle, I didn't baby them. I didn't hug them and say, "it's okay, hunny. It'll be alright". I told them, "Get your butt over there now. What the hell are you doing? You know better." I was also the one to take as much blame as necessary when things went wrong.

Kobe does jump on his teammates and he did during their losing streak on the road.

Problem is, they don't really have the extra talent to bring their attitude and approach to Kobe's level. Let's face it, some people have that mental toughness, some people don't. Kwame is doing exactly what I expected and obviously Mitch Kupchak thought that he would do more. Only problem is that it still leaves the Lakers with nothing except a bunch of over paid roll players.

As a fan, I'm just not willing to accept that. I guess you could say it's very frustrating to think someone that has a 6'11" frame and had an NBA body coming into the league, can lope around like he doesn't really want to earn his pay. And I can't help but think, if I had that frame, I sure as hell would be working a lot harder...Some may say it's jealousy, others may see it as not appreciating those that take their fortune for granted.

I never said to baby him. I agree that we don't have the extra talent and that no one has Kobe's mental toughness. but as fans we need to support the team. I know i get upset at Kwame when the ball just falls out of his hands. But i do like the fact that he looks upset at himself when he makes mistakes, and i see him try to make a difference on the other side of the court when he makes those mistakes. It looks to me like the effort is coming along.

If it takes Kwame till next year to realize that he needs to work with Cap then fine. If it takes him till his third year, as upset as it would make me, I still wouldn't boo.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

MrWhite77 wrote:
I never said to baby him. I agree that we don't have the extra talent and that no one has Kobe's mental toughness. but as fans we need to support the team. I know i get upset at Kwame when the ball just falls out of his hands. But i do like the fact that he looks upset at himself when he makes mistakes, and i see him try to make a difference on the other side of the court when he makes those mistakes. It looks to me like the effort is coming along.

If it takes Kwame till next year to realize that he needs to work with Cap then fine. If it takes him till his third year, as upset as it would make me, I still wouldn't boo.

Okay, I see your point. Thing is, these same complaints that we have about him were stated by Washington fans for the 3 or 4 years that they had him. I just don't see him improving on that at all.

Seriously, the kid needs someone to get him mad. Somebody needs to get him to play with a chip on his shoulder. Just something to have him go out and prove people wrong. I guarantee he'll be a lot better player playing that way. Right now, he just looks like he doesn't know where to be or what to do. Granted, he can hold his defensive ground very well. I'll give him that. But, for all the "athleticism" he supposedly has, I sure see a lot of missed layups instead of dunks. I see a lot of hands up in the air without challenging ths shot.

The kid physically has the tools, but the mental translation sucks. Sombody has to light a fire under his butt, cuz it's definitely not entertaining watching a half effort. As a fan, that's worth booing to me.

MrWhite77
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
MrWhite77 wrote:

Okay, I see your point. Thing is, these same complaints that we have about him were stated by Washington fans for the 3 or 4 years that they had him. I just don't see him improving on that at all.

Seriously, the kid needs someone to get him mad. Somebody needs to get him to play with a chip on his shoulder. Just something to have him go out and prove people wrong. I guarantee he'll be a lot better player playing that way. Right now, he just looks like he doesn't know where to be or what to do. Granted, he can hold his defensive ground very well. I'll give him that. But, for all the "athleticism" he supposedly has, I sure see a lot of missed layups instead of dunks. I see a lot of hands up in the air without challenging ths shot.

The kid physically has the tools, but the mental translation sucks. Sombody has to light a fire under his butt, cuz it's definitely not entertaining watching a half effort. As a fan, that's worth booing to me.

He definately needs the fire lit, totally agree there,. You have a good point about him getting angry, that might be the key.

I guess it's the athleticism that's got me reaaaally hoping. He's a phenomenal athlete. I think the layups will come, I mean anyone can learn to make a layup. I just try to remeber the coaches saying that the kid hadn't really been coached in Washington

I guess i have a soft spot for the guy since i grew up around people that were abused as kids and saw the profound effect it had on them even as high school and college athletes. I was lucky enough to have two great parents.

I'll tell you one thing though Dynasty, I sure can't wait to share a beer with ya at the next parade. I can tell that you love the team just as i do

Last edited by MrWhite77 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I will not boo any individual Laker the way Kwame was booed the other day. He isn't the opposition. He was TRYING to score (apparently he's handicapped). He was TRYING to be active it just didn't work. Yes, he's overpaid but how is that his fault?
We're all upset with him but deep down we all we want him to succeed as a Laker. That being the case we, as fans, should do what we can to help. Booing him doesn't help, as we saw in Washington. So we should try to encourage him. Cheer for him to success.
MrWhite77
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
I will not boo any individual Laker the way Kwame was booed the other day. He isn't the opposition. He was TRYING to score (apparently he's handicapped). He was TRYING to be active it just didn't work. Yes, he's overpaid but how is that his fault?
We're all upset with him but deep down we all we want him to succeed as a Laker. That being the case we, as fans, should do what we can to help. Booing him doesn't help, as we saw in Washington. So we should try to encourage him. Cheer for him to success.

^^^that's what i'm talkin bout!
twentyfootlayup
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

what would everyone say if kwame played exactly this way as a rookie ? because he has undeniably shown that he can bring it and produce a handful of times this season ..

the dude is young, we all know about his upbringing, the lack of college ball and playing for the wiz for his first contract and they basically tore down all of his confidence and didn't really teach him anything at all as far as how to play ... those are a lot of negatives going against him from the beginning ...

now, with all those negatives do you think that 45 games is enough to turn it around ? i do not think so ... i have said from the beginning that you cannot grade the acquisition of brown until his contract is up, i mean he hasn't even fulfilled 1/3 of his contract yet, he hasn't spent an offseason working on his game in L.A. yet (which he may not do) and he has never been around the quality of people in the lakers organization

kwame brown is not the reason our record is what it is ... and IMHO the lakers will be just as much to blame as brown if they do not work with this kid to make him what they want

the jury is definately still out with me as far as brown is concerned and i still say that he will come around and be a decent player in this league whether with the lakers or elsewhere ...

who will be the blame for world hunger next week ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: