Don't BOO Kwame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
what would everyone say if kwame played exactly this way as a rookie ? because he has undeniably shown that he can bring it and produce a handful of times this season ..

the dude is young, we all know about his upbringing, the lack of college ball and playing for the wiz for his first contract and they basically tore down all of his confidence and didn't really teach him anything at all as far as how to play ... those are a lot of negatives going against him from the beginning ...

now, with all those negatives do you think that 45 games is enough to turn it around ? i do not think so ... i have said from the beginning that you cannot grade the acquisition of brown until his contract is up, i mean he hasn't even fulfilled 1/3 of his contract yet, he hasn't spent an offseason working on his game in L.A. yet (which he may not do) and he has never been around the quality of people in the lakers organization

kwame brown is not the reason our record is what it is ... and IMHO the lakers will be just as much to blame as brown if they do not work with this kid to make him what they want

the jury is definately still out with me as far as brown is concerned and i still say that he will come around and be a decent player in this league whether with the lakers or elsewhere ...

who will be the blame for world hunger next week ?

...but he's not a rookie.

as for all the other stuff...i got the worlds' tiniest violin playing just for kwame brown.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

kwame needs to man up
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
If he decides to give back the money he earns when he plays like crap, then I'll stop booing.

How much of that money is coming out of your pocket? Just curious.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

The fact that he can't take being booed is just another reason why he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

twentyfootlayup wrote:
...kwame brown is not the reason our record is what it is ... and IMHO the lakers will be just as much to blame as brown if they do not work with this kid to make him what they want

Management and the coaching staff (including Phil Jackson) projected Kwame providing 12pts and at least 8boards per game for us. He's averaging 6 points and 6 rebounds. He's certainly not the reason we're losing, but he's certainly not providing as consistent numbers as expected. In fact, he's providing worse numbers than he had in Washington.

Wasn't it stated by Kareem that he doesn't work with Kwame because Kwame felt he was more of a face up player? So far, I even like the fact that Bynum tries to dunk it whenever he's close enough (even though he shows the ball too fast and gets blocked). I'll take that over panzy layups that Kwame attempts. I think Stu mentions that about Kwame at least once a game. "When you're that close to the basket, don't try to be cute with it. Go up and try to dunk the ball."

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!

Last edited by Laker_Dynasty on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoCalRebel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Kwame seriously needs to grow up.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
If he decides to give back the money he earns when he plays like crap, then I'll stop booing.

How much of that money is coming out of your pocket? Just curious.

See my previous response.

When you perform badly, expect to get booed. That's the point.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Shouldn't he be used to the boos from when he was the big stiff in Washington? What a (bleep)!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

kwame is in the performance business. whether you like it or not, his job requires him to perform well in front of a large audience that expects something out of him. if they don't respect his work, they will boo him. an artist is criticized for their work, a filmmaker is criticized for their work etc.. any time you have to perform in front of people, people are going to analyze and critique it.

kwame also is getting paid millions of dollars every year to do it. that comes with the territory. he was made a millionaire, and in return, he is expected to do his job well. for most of the season, he has not done that job very well and consequently, he is being booed and criticized for it.

dropping simple passes out of bounds is inexcusable at this stage of competition. to do it once is one thing, but to do it as consistently as kwame does is unacceptable for a pro basketball player. air-balling a layup when he could easily dunk it is also inexcusable. these things add up to a bad performance and when you perform poorly on a consistent basis you open yourself up to feel the backlash of the fans who supply the league and the teams with the money that is used to go inside kwame's pocket.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:

We are so gentle at Staples. The Laker fans are some of the easy in the league. LA fans in general are. So many fans here are new to the team.

Try it back east. New York, Boston, and the worst…Philly.

Back there Dad was a fan(atic). And his Dad. And his Dad. Uncle Joe. Heck, grandma would kick the dog at every loss. The whole city is with the team and they feel they own the team. A guy like Dr. Buss is just taking care of it for the time being. So when a player screws up over and over they see it as letting everyone down. It’s a player’s duty to come to play and pull his weight. He knows when he steps on to the field at a place like Yankee Stadium he has to play to the level that respects all the heroes that came before and earn his own level of respect. A lot of working class fans also aren’t too happy with huge contract guys seeming to take the easy way. Try earning a living in a mill. You won’t get much sympathy from them.

So far Kwame is far from earning that respect. I don’t like the booing but I sure understand it. Maybe another 40 games like the last 40, at 8 million a year, and I can’t say I won’t join in too.
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I just cant understand why he feels that Kareem has nothing to teach him, even if Kwame sees his game being different from Cap's he could still learn about finishing around the basket and being mentally strong enough to go up against the big dogs of the league. Kareem obviously has alot more to teach than the sky hook.
stretch
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

BOO, BOO, AND BOO! I am gonna BOO the hell out of Salome Brown tonite at the game IF he plays like he did Monday. That was a worthless performance. We might as well be playing 4 on 5, he is WORTHLESS. As a paying customer, if the performance if not up to standards, I have a right to voice my opinion, and the only way for him to know my opinion is to BOO, if he don't like it, ask to get traded, or play better. The guy has not had 3 good games all season long. I will BOO Lamar too, he is pretty much a waste of skin at times as well. These two guys are the same, they have no passion, of desire for the game, and it makes me sick. Like others have said already, I just want him to get mad, and start dunking on people. Stop all that ballet around the basket, and just jam it in there face, just like AK47 did monday, guy is like 100lbs lighter than Salome Brown, but he went up strong with an attitude. What does Solame do, NOTHING! This guy is garbage! He is Eldon Campbell reserected, its our worst nightmare! Trade him, and LO, and get some guys with some desire. Im so pissed at them two, even Sasha is playing better than them guys, and he sucks. No, I am not a Laker hater, just a TRUE fan that can call it like it is, not like some of the other people who just go with the flow, F-that, I expect championship players on this team, if I didn't, I would be a Clippers fan.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

How could anyone get on the fans for booing Kwame. The guy must have fumbled 5 spectactular passes in one quarter that should have been clean dunks (not that he would have dunked it even if he caught them). The fans were just frustrated and the boos were deserved.

It takes a lot to make a Staples Center crowd boo. In general they're pretty laid back fans. But seeing a guy drop THAT many passes in one quarter would get on any fan's nerves. He was awful from the very start of that game up until Phil benched him.

Of course, I don't think they should boo him everytime he touches the ball. It was just an isolated incident. If he bounces back tonight, they'll be cheering again.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Kwanesha needs to keep getting booed eventually she will get tired of it and request a sex change then maybe the Lakers will have half a man on the court.
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
I'm glad Laker fans boo Kwame he deserves it.

I blame mitch, not kwame. We're just fans, we couldn't predict this, but the GM of the Lakers should have had better instincts for getting the right player for atkins and butler - two starters!
laker_pride
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

kwame needs to stop partying and get serious with his work....and that is banging down low.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Man up kwame! dont be a little bi*ch
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

So, lets see, did the entire team deserve a good "BOOOOO" tonight? Hell yes, they do!

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
-Yo-
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject:

Heck yes I'll Boo Kwame.

He's taking the paycheck and at least carrying on the pretense of being a professional. He is supposed to be one of the most elite athletes in the world. Instead he is, for all intents and purposes, a fraud, albeit a 7' fraud.

Look at the Olympics. Win, lose or draw, the men on that Downhill course ALL have superhuman skills, conditioning, and reaction time. The top ten are separated by maybe .8 seconds on a 1.5 mile long course! Think about that. That's what a top level athlete is supposed to be able to do.

Kwame makes $8,000,000 to play 80 games. That's $100,000 per game or about $5,000 a minute. He makes more in one minute than most people make in an entire month!

Does it hurt his feelings when the fans react negatively? Tough Shyte. Time for him to man up. As long as he is posing as a "professional" he better start showing some elementary pro skills or rightfully feel the wrath of the crowd.

If he can't take it, then let him forfeit his paycheck and try to make a living doing something else--perhaps flipping burgers, or parking cars.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: