OFFICIAL Lakers Next 5 Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

I think 2-3 would be a best case realistic scenario. Tough stretch.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I think they go winless in that stretch with a couple humbling blowout losses.

Hope the anti-jinx works

On the optimistic side, I think they'll go 3-7 in their first ten with a couple wins over the Suns and Nets.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

0-5, mostly double digit losses. This team is much worse than yall continue to think.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

Interesting stat breakdowns:

Leading scorers: KCP (20ppg), JC (20ppg), Brook (15ppg), BI (15ppg), Kuz (14 ppg), Lonzo (13ppg).

Lonzo with the most MPG at 34mpg, then KCP (30mpg), BI (30mpg).
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

it is either 1-4 or 2-3.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

why in the world is Lavar out there poking John Wall? Magic may need to shut this idiot up....he is writing checks, that his son nor any rookie can cash. Do not make John Wall more motivated right before he comes to town!
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers Next 5 Games

yinoma2001 wrote:
Wizards
Raptors
Jazz
Pistons
Trailblazers.

That's a rough 5 game stretch, with maybe the Pistons being the only team that we have a shot at beating. Hoping against it, but a 1-7 start may be possible, more likely 2-6. Yikes.

I have nothing to base this on, but, I always felt that the time to win tough games were at the beginning of the season. Most teams are still playing with lineups, vets are playing into shape, and teams are not hitting their stride just yet. I think the best chance for a young team like ours is to win games in the first half of the season, because the second half of the season the games have more riding on them.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
why in the world is Lavar out there poking John Wall? Magic may need to shut this idiot up....he is writing checks, that his son nor any rookie can cash. Do not make John Wall more motivated right before he comes to town!

Do you honestly think it makes a difference? Like in the 4th quarter, John Wall is bringing the ball up court and thinks "Man, f--- Lavar Ball!" and plays harder? Once the game starts, he's going to play his game regardless.

And even if I accept that premise as true, Lonzo will get better by playing better competition like Kevin O'Connor mentioned in his article today.

Quote:
LaVar put a target on Lonzo’s back, but the extra attention the 19-year-old receives may ultimately be the best thing for his development. Being challenged by people better than you is how you improve faster, no matter what you do in life. In fact, Lonzo himself used to play against eighth graders when he was in elementary school to challenge himself. “My boys have been playing like this since they were little,” LaVar told The Ringer’s Danny Chau in 2016.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Do you honestly think it makes a difference? Like in the 4th quarter, John Wall is bringing the ball up court and thinks "Man, f--- Lavar Ball!" and plays harder? Once the game starts, he's going to play his game regardless.

And even if I accept that premise as true, Lonzo will get better by playing better competition like Kevin O'Connor mentioned in his article today.

Quote:
LaVar put a target on Lonzo’s back, but the extra attention the 19-year-old receives may ultimately be the best thing for his development. Being challenged by people better than you is how you improve faster, no matter what you do in life. In fact, Lonzo himself used to play against eighth graders when he was in elementary school to challenge himself. “My boys have been playing like this since they were little,” LaVar told The Ringer’s Danny Chau in 2016.

yes, I do...that would be the premise of my decision to write the post. Kevin O'Connor may be the single last opinion that I would ever use in an attempt to support my position.

btw, did I tell you that I was glad your posting again? Oh, I didn't......
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

5-0!

BALL-IEVE IT!

Seriously though, I think we can win against the Jazz and Pistons.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Wizards W
Raptors L
Jazz L
Pistons W
Trailblazers L

Real question; why do you think we’ll beat the Wizards?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Hard to predict wins/losses at this point. Which team shows up?

The one that turns the ball over repeatedly, shoots 30 FG% and plays little to no defense.

Or the one that plays with energy on defense , passes the ball, shoots 55 FG% and looks like a legitimate NBA team instead of a confused JV HS team.

Still learning how to play together and develop some kind of chemistry in game situations. Play hard and eliminate the repeated bad decisions and turnovers and I can see them surprise some teams.

I tend to look at the season in blocks of 10. How many of those blocks can they go 5-5? With the hope of a 4-6 being balanced by a 6-4 at some point of the season. They need to avoid long losing streaks or "hope" for a solid 10 game block to offset the losses. Just my own personal brand of craziness!

This 10 game block would include Brooklyn and Memphis.

Can they win 3 of the next 7 to end the block at 4-6 and set up the next block? I think they can. Now they just need to prove it.

It's too early to look for patterns. We play badly against a good defensive team, and played OK against the worst team in the league. I doubt any of the 3 teams we played will make the playoffs.

Personally, I don't worry about the overall w-l record. That's going to be bad; the only question is how bad. It's really about how they progress and do over the last third of the season.

Last edited by activeverb on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

yes, I do...that would be the premise of my decision to write the post. Kevin O'Connor may be the single last opinion that I would ever use in an attempt to support my position.

So you honestly believe in your heart that John Wall wouldn't try his absolute hardest if Lavar didn't make a comment?

And I'm just curious why you think Kevin O'Connor's opinion that competition makes people better is at all controversial or wrong. Isn't that one of the reasons you liked Josh Jackson, that the Big 12 had superior teams? This isn't even really a new opinion, either. "Iron sharpens iron" is an expression that goes back to the Bible.

Last edited by AC Green's V-Card on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I can't see us beating any of those teams, though upsets obviously happen all the time.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

Lakers to debut Classic Minneapolis uniforms against Wizards

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ✔@Lakers
Adding a classic look to our uniform lineup this season! #NIKExNBA

📰: http://on.nba.com/2yFkjMG #LakeShow

Los Angeles Lakers ✔ @Lakers
Adding a classic look to our uniform lineup this season! #NIKExNBA

📰: http://on.nba.com/2yFkjMG #LakeShow pic.twitter.com/w3dmo87NZr
Follow
Los Angeles Lakers ✔@Lakers
We'll suit up in the classic MPLS unis five times this season! #LakeShow

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/10/23/lakers-news-classic-uniforms-minneapolis/
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

2-3

Wins against Wizards and Pistons.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

So you honestly believe in your heart that John Wall wouldn't try his absolute hardest if Lavar didn't make a comment?

And I'm just curious why you think Kevin O'Connor's opinion that competition makes people better is at all controversial or wrong. Isn't that one of the reasons you liked Josh Jackson, that the Big 12 had superior teams? This isn't even really a new opinion, either. "Iron sharpens iron" is an expression that goes back to the Bible.

I believe players can be additionally motivated when called out, and I simply think O'Connor is a wannabe basketball hipster....not even an actual bball hipster....just a wannabe....I do not value his opinion.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

Need to recapture some of that Summer League magic. You have to think Luke will eventually find that chemistry. Shooting has been horrid and it can't remain this bad all season, can it? Just wait for Lonzo Effect to take hold.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

Watched nuggets/wizards, man Oubre is developing nicely. Wish we could have somehow stole him in a Lou Williams+ type trade last season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Watched nuggets/wizards, man Oubre is developing nicely. Wish we could have somehow stole him in a Lou Williams+ type trade last season.

You mean young players need time?

Scott Brooks is noted as a talent developer, especially young players.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I believe players can be additionally motivated when called out, and I simply think O'Connor is a wannabe basketball hipster....not even an actual bball hipster....just a wannabe....I do not value his opinion.

My viewpoint is simple: Lavar Ball needs to let his son do the talking when it comes to other players. If Lonzo wants to talk trash, fine. He doesn’t need the Sports Dad From Hell talking trash for him.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

5-0 #bigballerway
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You mean young players need time?

Scott Brooks is noted as a talent developer, especially young players.

Shocking
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

My viewpoint is simple: Lavar Ball needs to let his son do the talking when it comes to other players. If Lonzo wants to talk trash, fine. He doesn’t need the Sports Dad From Hell talking trash for him.

I realize how people would see it that way. For me personally, I think he’s winning because he’s challenging traditional way of things whether it be shoe companies, media consumption/marketing, or other things.

I just look at YouTube views and appearances. Episode 9 of the Facebook show has over 2 million views and that’s just one link, not even counting other episode 9 links.

Lonzo seems to be respected on the court. In all the games thus far, opponents look like they respect him. Lonzo’s teammates seem to like him too.

This seems to be one of those situations where we see Lavar as normal in 10-20 years. He’s challenging status quo in certain industries/areas and so that historically draws attention and can be perceived as threatening, but then society evolves and then Melo or Lonzo will be the ones shaking their heads at the new generation and long for the old days of loud dad and Facebook reality shows
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

We will beat Utah and Detroit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: