Why do people speed up to block you from changing lanes when they see your turn signal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has this happened to you before?
Yes, all the time.
46%
 46%  [ 21 ]
Yes, occasionally.
42%
 42%  [ 19 ]
Yes, rarely.
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
No, never.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 45

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I look for an open space ahead and then take it. I signal, but I'm not asking if I can get over and hoping someone slows down to let me in because, yeah, if you do that a lot of drivers will speed up. And if you take way too long to move over, then that's on you. People will be done with you and move past you.

My general rule with dealing with other drivers is that I don't know what you've been through that day. You do something stupid, you're a little confused, I'm not mad, I'm not going to aggressively make a point. I'm going to assume that you could be having a really bad day, so I'm patient with you and I'll try to help as much as I can. I don't remember the last time I've used my horn.

People drive like their personalities quite a bit. A-holes drive like a-holes. Impatient people drive impatiently. If you're being overly aggressive and dangerous that annoys me. You can be aggressive and safe. Most of us are like that.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Bay Area drivers are terrible, second only to Las Vegas.

Now that I have family in Vegas and have really gotten familiar with Vegas drivers over the past several years, I agree. Vegas drivers are the worst. I haven't figured out why yet. It really doesn't make sense to me because it's not any worse roads or traffic than anywhere else. Sure, you do see the occasional out of state car pulled over to the side of the road with someone dressed up and upchucking, but so many of the accidents I see are Vegas drivers.

Friend of mine had a tow truck business in Vegas and was so busy. He moved out to SoCal and has to really hustle to make it work like he did in Vegas. Crazy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: