Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Another investigation into Magic. Unbelievable.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Smh here we go again.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Arrogant or gullible?
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

When will Magic learn?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

Oh maybe I should’ve posted my question in here. So what is this Ben Simmons thing about?

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1095061333882621955?s=21

???
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Quote:
Elton Brand tells ESPN: "No issue. I have a great relationship with Ben and Rich (Paul) and we expect him to be a Sixer for a long time. He has taken interest in chatting with some of the game's all-time greats and we're supportive. I had brief dialogue with Rob Pelinka...."

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1095061826172317698?s=21
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Username wrote:
From Tania Ganguli:

Quote:
OK, I have 2 things on the Simmons/Magic front.

1. I've had a source tell me that the 76ers initiated the discussion about Simmons wanting to meet with Magic. The source said Pelinka was calling Elton Brand back to say they weren't comfortable with it.

Spoke to someone familiar with Simmons' thinking who said Simmons spends his summers in LA, that his desire to meet with Johnson is simply about their on-court similarities, and that he'll be a Sixer for a long time.

Lol wow the lies everywhere

I love when I read "spoke to someone familiar with another individuals thinking". So stupid.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

adkindo wrote:
right now, I think the FO has did a poor job of asset management. That said, if they are able to sign a legitimate MAX FA player this summer, then everything will have to be looked at from a different perspective. Originally the FO claimed to seek 2 Max guys last summer, but subsequently changed the goal to over the next 2 years going into last summer. As of right now, they do not have many wins on the transactions they have controlled....

Trades

1. Lou Williams Trade - Lakers Receive Corey Brewer and Houston 1st Round Pick (Kyle Kuzma). Lakers - Win

2. Marcelo Huertas Trade - Lakers Receive Tyler Ennis. Lakers - Push

3. DLo/Mozgov Trade - Lakers receive Brook Lopez and Brooklyn 1st Round Pick (Josh Hart & Thomas Bryant). Lopez is gone and Russell is an All Star. The cap space created has yet to be needed for a max player. Lakers - Lose

3B. Brooklyn 1st Round Pick Trade - Lakers receive Utah 1st and 2nd Round Pick (Josh Hart & Thomas Bryant). Lakers - Push

4. Clarkson/Nance Trade - Lakers received Channing Frye, Isaiah Thomas and Draft Pick (Moritz Wagner). Frye played in 8 games and Thomas played in 17 on a team out of the playoff race. Wagner has not been a factor to this point in his career. The move was to free cap space to obtain 2 Max players last summer, but was not utilized on the 2nd Max player. Clarkson leads Cleveland in scoring, and continues to be one of the best offensive players off the bench in the NBA & Nance leads Cleveland in Blocks and Steals while nearly averaging a Double/Double. Lakers - Lose

5. Svi / 2nd Round Pick Trade - Lakers receive SG Reggie Bullock. Svi had a decent amount of upside as a 21 year old that shown flashes of being a capable 2 way player on a cheap deal for several years. Also, 2nd Round pick are not the almost worthless assets they were considered a few years ago. Bullock has not had an opportunity to demonstrate his value as a Laker, but clearly appeared to struggle on defense. Lakers - Too Soon

6. Zubac/Beasley Trade - Lakers receive Mike Muscala. Zubac had more market value when the trade took place. Lakers - Lose

Drafts

2017 - Although a redraft would not have Lonzo Ball as the #2 pick, the Lakers appear to still believe in his long term development. The 3 late picks were all very good value finds (Kuzma, Hart, Bryant). Lakers - Win

2018 - Since Svi has already been moved, all three selections appear to have been sub optimal at this point. Wagner at 25 appears to be a clear reach, and there is no clear indication currently that Bonga will ever be a factor in the NBA. Also, they mortgaged a future pick for Bonga. Lakers - Lose.

Free Agent Additions

2017:
1. KCP - significant overpay, but created relationship with Klutch. Lakers - Win
2. Tyler Ennis - Lakers - Lose

2018:
1. Lebron James - Lakers - Win
2. KCP - Lakers - Push
3. Rajon Rondo - significant overpay because cap space from failed 2nd Max and having to punt cap space. Lakers - Lose
4. Lance Stephenson - similar to Rondo on a cost/value basis. Lakers - Lose
5. Beasley - similar to Rondo on a cost/value basis and already moved. Lakers - Lose
6. Javale McGee - one of the best values on the roster. Lakers - Win

Misc. Decisions
1. Not offering more for Paul George. Lakers - Lose
2. Stretching and Waiving Deng 2 Years of Contract. Since then, many teams have moved bad money. Even worse, the Lakers used the additional money to sign and overpay near minimum level contract players. Lakers - Lose
3. Allowing Julius Randle, a RFA, to walk with no return. Lakers - Lose
4. Choosing Stevenson or Beasley over Brook Lopez. Lakers - Lose
5. Waiving Thomas Bryant after 1 season. Lakers - Lose

For an informed Lakers fan, I’m not sure why you keep on trying to push the false narrative that Kuzma is not part of the Russell trade with the Nets. I’m swear some of you suffer from the Mandela Effect. Here’s the actual footage of the draft. Stick to the facts please.

https://youtu.be/hsnjU9jp-uE

Here is the NBA press release saying we got Kuzma in the DLO trade.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/06/23/brooklyn-nets-acquire-dangelo-russell-and-timofey-mozgov-los-angeles-lakers
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Elton Brand tells ESPN: "No issue. I have a great relationship with Ben and Rich (Paul) and we expect him to be a Sixer for a long time. He has taken interest in chatting with some of the game's all-time greats and we're supportive. I had brief dialogue with Rob Pelinka...."

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1095061826172317698?s=21

Wait, what? Let me go hit the Athletic...
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Magic really sucks at tampering. We know how prevalent it is in the NBA, and he's so bad and flagrant the NBA has had to make him the poster boy.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

the league is on high alert and other owners are probably complaining about the Lakers. All the while the warriors are in the corner giggling and dominating the league
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

"NO COMMENT"
sans commentaires
kein Kommentar
nessun commento
コメント無し
geen kommentaar
pa koment
አስተያየት የለኝም
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by #savethekids on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

DLO and Kuzma are the same age (DLO turning 23 this month). The front office got lucky that Kuzma was a part of that trade because it saves them a little face. I think if Kuzma caught fire a month earlier and had the benefit of a big man all star going down, he maybe could have been an all star himself. Russell is the better player and playmaker, but Kuzma isn’t too far behind.

I know many of you say we could have had both, and I’m not here to argue that right now. I will argue to the grave that Kuzma was part of the DLO trade though, because he was. No matter how much anyone tries to Bill O’Reilly it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
For an informed Lakers fan, I’m not sure why you keep on trying to push the false narrative that Kuzma is not part of the Russell trade with the Nets. I’m swear some of you suffer from the Mandela Effect. Here’s the actual footage of the draft. Stick to the facts please.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/06/23/brooklyn-nets-acquire-dangelo-russell-and-timofey-mozgov-los-angeles-lakers

I have seen GT and other moderators come in here multiple times and explain it to the few that still pretend Kuzma is not a Laker if not for the DLo trade. If you still do not accept of understand that Kuzma would have been drafted by the Lakers with or without the DLo trade, then I feel you are a lost cause with an agenda on this subject.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

@ adkindo, I'm not going to quote your entire post, but I agree with most of it. The one thing I would disagree with is the Lance/JC part...Lance is great, no doubt, but I would not want JC's contract on our books. Add to that, that Cleveland is one of the worst teams in the league with them.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

League moved on that comment in less than 24 hours but nothing on the bucks owner yet?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I have seen GT and other moderators come in here multiple times and explain it to the few that still pretend Kuzma is not a Laker if not for the DLo trade. If you still do not accept of understand that Kuzma would have been drafted by the Lakers with or without the DLo trade, then I feel you are a lost cause with an agenda on this subject.

I’m not saying the Nets (who Kuzma said was interested in him on Mason and Ireland) would have drafted him at 27. I’ll even pretend in this imaginary world that Kuzma was still there at 28th and still had DLO. That would have been great. What I am saying that when you write that Kuzma was the 28th pick who came with the LouWill trade, you are flat out lying. And I’ll argue this with anyone, mod or no mod. Yes, we maybe could have gotten him at 28th, but that’s not my argument. I’m saying the facts are he came in the DLO trade, and it saved the front office some face. They had no idea how good Kuzma would be.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
They had no idea how good Kuzma would be.

One could argue this AND they had no idea how good DLO would be too.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
They had no idea how good Kuzma would be.

One could argue this AND they had no idea how good DLO would be too.

You are correct sir.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
@ adkindo, I'm not going to quote your entire post, but I agree with most of it. The one thing I would disagree with is the Lance/JC part...Lance is great, no doubt, but I would not want JC's contract on our books. Add to that, that Cleveland is one of the worst teams in the league with them.

that is fine, I am sure different folks disagree with different transactions. I will just say as it pertains to JC's contract is the reason I pointed out that if the 2nd Max is obtained via free agency, then many of those transactions will have to be reevaluated. Currently, I consider JC and Nance superior players to Lance with more market value. I think one has to look at it through different angles also....like if we have Randle, Nance and Clarkson on the roster this year, how does that impact the package we could have offered for AD? I am only speculating that they likely have more interest in those young guys than they do the guys we offered as salary filler like Beasley, Lance and Rondo.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Magic never learns lol. Random mention to the media which leads to another investigation and PR disaster. If Rob talked with 76ers and it's a non issue, it's stupid to let media milk this by feeding them this news.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I guess i will pile on since I usually defend Magic.

Mistakes -

Trading DLO, LouWill and his cheap contract, not making a godfather offer for PG or Kawhi, TBryant, Zu. Should have traded Randle instead of releasing him for nothing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 83 of 174
Jump to: