Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Magic: "I built this team based on playoffs", p. 27)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Magic: "I built this team based on playoffs", p. 27)

List of Moves Made Under Magic's Management


Lou Williams traded for a late first rounder (Ended up being traded to acquire Josh Hart and T.Bryant)

Traded Huertas for Tyler Ennis.

Hired Rob Pelinka to be the GM.

DLo/Mozgov traded for Lopez and a late first rounder (one Kyle Kuzma who had a workout with the Nets so who knows if the Nets could have drafted him for themselves or packaged the pick elsewhere, whew )

Drafted Lonzo Ball.

Lets go of Tarik Black, Artest, David Nwaba and T.Rob.

Signed KCP to a one year deal (trade kicker).

Signed Tyler Ennis to a one year deal (guaranteed).

Signed Caruso to a 2 way contract.

Signed Bogut for vet minimum one year contact.

Hired Jason Rosenfeld, the NBA’s director of basketball analytics to do the same role for the Lakers.

Hired Gunnar Peterson as Director of Strength and Endurance Training

Brought Kobe into the fold as an unofficial consultant

Hired Turkish insider Can Pelister as youngest international scout of all time

Revamped Basketball Operations staff (Kristen Andrews as Manager of Nutrition and Wellness; Josh Wright and Adi Vase as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches)

Took the $500K anti tampering bill out of his pocket.

Signed Vander Blue to the team's last 2 way contract.

Cemented Ball, Ingram and Nance on the starting lineup.

Exercise 2018-19 options on Brandon Ingram, Larry Nance Jr.

SIGNS LBJ TO A 4 YR. CONTRACT
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."


Last edited by Hero Ball on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:09 am; edited 24 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24249

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't Jose done by Mitch?

Don't forget

Re-sign Kenley and JT
Bring up Bellinger
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wasn't Jose done by Mitch?

Don't forget

Re-sign Kenley and JT
Bring up Bellinger


My bad.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1530
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Waived David Nwaba
_________________
Lonzo-Ingram-Randle-Kuzma.

Keep them together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Waived David Nwaba



Thanks, added. I'm sorry we made that move.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5966
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:

Fondled Rich Paul's.... 😂😂😂
And don't forget fired Mitch, Jim, Rudy T, Rudy T's son, and Chaz the Bartender (who may or may not lurk on this site). 😂😂😂

I support Magic by the way, no offense to Mitch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Fondled Rich Paul's.... 😂😂😂

I support Magic by the way.



I think credit should go to Jeanie

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/922289092947148800
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8446
Location: The (real) short corner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject:

The last one (starting lineup) is a coaching decision. Unless you have knowledge of Magic's direct input, that one should probably be "championed Ingram as the go-to scorer this season".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5966
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wasn't Jose done by Mitch?

Don't forget

Re-sign Kenley and JT
Bring up Bellinger


Trade for Chris Taylor & Yu Darvish. Sent Andrian Gonzales on a family vaca to Europe during the post season. Passed on Verlander and his insanely hot fiancé because, why play the World Series at that point? 😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
The last one (starting lineup) is a coaching decision. Unless you have knowledge of Magic's direct input, that one should probably be "championed Ingram as the go-to scorer this season".



That was my angle regarding Ingram.


No way Luke starts a rookie nursing an ankle (IMO) and maybe Nance starting is an analytic advice.

What I know is they have alienated Randle by not starting him.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."


Last edited by Hero Ball on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
Wasn't Jose done by Mitch?

Don't forget

Re-sign Kenley and JT
Bring up Bellinger


Trade for Chris Taylor & Yu Darvish. Sent Andrian Gonzales on a family vaca to Europe during the post season. Passed on Verlander and his insanely hot fiancé because, why play the World Series at that point? 😂



I'm trying to limit it to Lakers moves so that it won't go off topic.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5966
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
Wasn't Jose done by Mitch?

Don't forget

Re-sign Kenley and JT
Bring up Bellinger


Trade for Chris Taylor & Yu Darvish. Sent Andrian Gonzales on a family vaca to Europe during the post season. Passed on Verlander and his insanely hot fiancé because, why play the World Series at that point? 😂



I'm trying to limit it to Lakers moves so that it won't go off topic.


So Magic owning Starbucks and beating HIV doesn't count in this thread? Darn. 😝
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
epak wrote:
Wasn't Jose done by Mitch?

Don't forget

Re-sign Kenley and JT
Bring up Bellinger


Trade for Chris Taylor & Yu Darvish. Sent Andrian Gonzales on a family vaca to Europe during the post season. Passed on Verlander and his insanely hot fiancé because, why play the World Series at that point? 😂



I'm trying to limit it to Lakers moves so that it won't go off topic.


So Magic owning Starbucks and beating HIV doesn't count in this thread? Darn. 😝


Big Fat No.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject:

I wanted Jordan Bell even at the expense of Josh Hart.

Effing Dubs. They really know who they want and they know how to get them.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 1130

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official MAGIC JOHNSON Thread - President of Basketball Operations

Hero Ball wrote:
List of Moves Made Under his Management


Lou Williams traded for a late first rounder (Ended up being traded to acquire Josh Hart and T.Bryant)

Traded Huertas for Tyler Ennis.

Hired Rob Pelinka to be the GM.

DLo/Mozgov traded for Lopez and a late first rounder (one Kyle Kuzma who had a workout with the Nets so who knows if they could have drafted him for themselves or packaged the pick elsewhere, whew )

Drafted Lonzo Ball.

Lets go of Tarik Black, Artest, David Nwaba and T.Rob.

Signed KCP to a one year deal (trade kicker).

Signed Tyler Ennis to a one year deal (guaranteed).

Signed Caruso to a 2 way contract.

Signed Bogut for vet minimum one year contact.

Hired Jason Rosenfeld, the NBA’s director of basketball analytics to do the same role for the Lakers.

Cemented Ball, Ingram and Nance on the starting lineup.



- Hired Gunnar Peterson as Director of Strength and Endurance Training

- Brought Kobe into the fold as an unofficial consultant (endorsed Pelinka for GM; will supposedly evaluate player strength/weaknesses and have individual workouts with them at some point)

- Hired Turkish insider Can Pelister as youngest international scout of all time

- Revamped Basketball Operations staff (Kristen Andrews as Manager of Nutrition and Wellness; Josh Wright and Adi Vase as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches)

- Changed the overall media-driven narrative/perception of the Lakers not being a viable destination

- Set a tone/expectation that had multiple players show up to training camp in optimal basketball shape
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 3606
Location: SFV

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

don't forget the kimmel appearance and messing with ingram's head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10869

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

Traded away a 23ppg 4.3rpg 5.5apg 39% 3pt player.
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official MAGIC JOHNSON Thread - President of Basketball Operations

Batguano wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
List of Moves Made Under his Management


Lou Williams traded for a late first rounder (Ended up being traded to acquire Josh Hart and T.Bryant)

Traded Huertas for Tyler Ennis.

Hired Rob Pelinka to be the GM.

DLo/Mozgov traded for Lopez and a late first rounder (one Kyle Kuzma who had a workout with the Nets so who knows if they could have drafted him for themselves or packaged the pick elsewhere, whew )

Drafted Lonzo Ball.

Lets go of Tarik Black, Artest, David Nwaba and T.Rob.

Signed KCP to a one year deal (trade kicker).

Signed Tyler Ennis to a one year deal (guaranteed).

Signed Caruso to a 2 way contract.

Signed Bogut for vet minimum one year contact.

Hired Jason Rosenfeld, the NBA’s director of basketball analytics to do the same role for the Lakers.

Cemented Ball, Ingram and Nance on the starting lineup.



- Hired Gunnar Peterson as Director of Strength and Endurance Training

- Brought Kobe into the fold as an unofficial consultant (endorsed Pelinka for GM; will supposedly evaluate player strength/weaknesses and have individual workouts with them at some point)

- Hired Turkish insider Can Pelister as youngest international scout of all time

- Revamped Basketball Operations staff (Kristen Andrews as Manager of Nutrition and Wellness; Josh Wright and Adi Vase as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches)

- Changed the overall media-driven narrative/perception of the Lakers not being a viable destination

- Set a tone/expectation that had multiple players show up to training camp in optimal basketball shape


muchos gracias.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Traded away a 23ppg 4.3rpg 5.5apg 39% 3pt player.


You mean snitch, right?

He on that list boy.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 12514
Location: 714/562

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject:


_________________
DISGUSTING: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c
Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30078
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

blue also got a 2-way
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 2762

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Traded away a 23ppg 4.3rpg 5.5apg 39% 3pt player.


Will see how long that last. My guess is his numbers will be 17pts 4 4 43% 35% by the end of the season
_________________
-------LUCKY-------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 15429

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

There they are.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
blue also got a 2-way


nice.
_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8446
Location: The (real) short corner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

That Kuzma workout line is kind of weak, because the Nets had 59 (or more) players in for workouts. That's what teams do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB