Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
that was a great interview, the Lakers are open for business. Maybe Paul George would like say... 2 of the greatest players ever to mentor him? Who knows?

HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
that was a great interview, the Lakers are open for business. Maybe Paul George would like say... 2 of the greatest players ever to mentor him? Who knows?

wow, sorry I don't meet your view of "how the world works". Magic was engaging, funny, upbeat... whereas Mitch always looked like he was in a severe depression. You think guys are going to come here for "basketball reasons"?

indeed...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

wow, sorry I don't meet your view of "how the world works". Magic was engaging, funny, upbeat... whereas Mitch always looked like he was in a severe depression. You think guys are going to come here for "basketball reasons"?

indeed...

As long as people are entertained who cares about the team. Do you think Magic is going to talk a star player into coming to a lottery team? Hasn't happened yet and the Lakers still had Kobe then. Build an up and coming talented team that annually increases the win total and you don't have to try as hard selling them to FAs.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
akk7 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

https://twitter.com/GrantGoldberg/status/855528039735738369

What's your issue with it? It just seemed like him throwing jokes, being friendly, and playing up the crowd. If you watch the interview with Jimmy Kimmel, Magic doesn't stop laughing, joking, and smiling the whole 12-13 minutes.

Magic is the opposite spectrum of Mitch. People prefer a person with Magic's personality than a person with Mitch's. I prefer a person with Mitch's style, but I get why people are so enamored with Magic.

Jeanie did a podcast with Uninterrupted. I haven't listened to it yet though.

It's tampering. That's my issue with it. Which he's been dinged for before.

That whole rule is dumb. If you talk to someone and this person is of interest to you professionally... you're going to say what you need to say. Magic doesn't need to throw it in the NBA's face. But it's absolutely normal, whether in the NBA or other professions.

Ding him all you want.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Also, he never admitted to tampering. Winking at Paul George is not tampering lol. All the NBA can do is ask him if he said anything to entice Paul George to come to the Lakers or to negotiate with Paul George while he was employed with the Pacers. All Magic has to do is say the he winked at him and that's it. Deny saying anything else. Case closed.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

indeed...

cringe worthy...looked goofy gloating over jeanie firing her brother
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

indeed...

As long as people are entertained who cares about the team. Do you think Magic is going to talk a star player into coming to a lottery team? Hasn't happened yet and the Lakers still had Kobe then. Build an up and coming talented team that annually increases the win total and you don't have to try as hard selling them to FAs.

If I'm "a" free agent, it doesn't have to be a star, it could be the equivalent of us trying to get another Rick Fox type and as a free agent, I'm really torn about about this or that situation and Mitch is sitting there like a bump on a log and I'm wondering, how hard is this guy going to work to make the team better? He's not enthusiastic, he doesn't really appear to be excited that I'm there. Frankly, he doesn't look happy to be there, like he'd rather be doing something else. Absolutely that plays a part. Look at DeAndre Jordan, one person is leading him by the ear to Dallas, then Chris Paul comes and tells DeAndre he really doesn't hate him, DeAndre says, oh, ok... back to the Clippers. One powerful personality just might make a difference.

Before the "LOL's" begin, it's not a guarantee somebody signs, but I'd rather have Magic in the room than Mitch. Magic can pre-sell and Luke has an opportunity to close and to tell the free agent the front office is hell bent on getting us back. Would anybody have believed that if Mitch was still here?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

indeed...

well that's YOUR issue, not mine. I thought it was an upbeat interview instead of sitting there holding his head in his hands like Mitch would have done.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Knicks' Phil Jackson fined $25K (June 2014)

Quote:

New York Knicks president Phil Jackson has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for tampering with Oklahoma City Thunder guard Derek Fisher.

Sources said Jackson was fined specifically for statements he made at a news conference last week about possibly hiring Fisher as Knicks coach.

The league's 30 teams were notified of the fine by league memo Monday afternoon, the sources said.

Among the reasons the league took this step, sources said, was to reinforce its annual reminders to teams of the league's anti-tampering rules, which prohibit teams from direct or indirect expressions of interest in other teams' impending free agents.

Sources: Knicks fined for Phil Jackson's comment on D'Angelo Russell (March 2015)

Quote:

The NBA has fined the New York Knicks for president Phil Jackson publicly commenting on Ohio State freshman guard D'Angelo Russell, a league source told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday night.

It is immediately unclear how much money the Knicks were fined.

Upon leaving Ohio State's game on Thursday night in Columbus, Jackson told Cleveland.com that Russell was a "great looking kid, [a] great prospect."

The NBA forbids league officials from making public comments on college underclassmen. The rule is partly in place to protect the NBA from the perception that it's pushing players to leave school early for the draft.

Around the NBA, front-office executives were surprised Jackson would violate the rule, given that it is a well-known rule that his peers understand has to be observed. Most saw it as a window into Jackson's inexperience as a front-office executive.

After winning 11 NBA championships as a coach, this is Jackson's first full season as an NBA executive. The Knicks will have one of the highest picks in the 2015 draft, and Russell is considered the No. 1 point guard prospect in college basketball.

The NBA fined Phil Jackson $25,000 for tampering with Derek Fisher when he was still a player with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

indeed...

If I'm "a" free agent, it doesn't have to be a star, it could be the equivalent of us trying to get another Rick Fox type and as a free agent, I'm really torn about about this or that situation and Mitch is sitting there like a bump on a log and I'm wondering, how hard is this guy going to work to make the team better? He's not enthusiastic, he doesn't really appear to be excited that I'm there. Frankly, he doesn't look happy to be there, like he'd rather be doing something else. Absolutely that plays a part. Look at DeAndre Jordan, one person is leading him by the ear to Dallas, then Chris Paul comes and tells DeAndre he really doesn't hate him, DeAndre says, oh, ok... back to the Clippers. One powerful personality just might make a difference.

Before the "LOL's" begin, it's not a guarantee somebody signs, but I'd rather have Magic in the room than Mitch. Magic can pre-sell and Luke has an opportunity to close and to tell the free agent the front office is hell bent on getting us back. Would anybody have believed that if Mitch was still here?

My point is that Magic has been in that room and wasn't able to sell the Lakers. I put that more on being a lottery team than on Magic. If they stand pat and win 35-37 next season, it becomes a much easier sell.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

indeed...

well that's YOUR issue, not mine. I thought it was an upbeat interview instead of sitting there holding his head in his hands like Mitch would have done.

what was the need for the interview in the first place?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

we are at a point where we are going to take seriously what a guy says Jimmy Kimmel live

Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

we are at a point where we are going to take seriously what a guy says Jimmy Kimmel live

He isn't just a guy.

He is the guy.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

indeed...

My point is that Magic has been in that room and wasn't able to sell the Lakers. I put that more on being a lottery team than on Magic. If they stand pat and win 35-37 next season, it becomes a much easier sell.

lol so not true. its totally different when your own head in on chopping block.

magic was never in that room to sell the lakers. just keep the facts straight.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

He isn't just a guy.

He is the guy.

for sure bard, we have the same feelings about last management and this.

but what i am saying is, its just an entertainment show, nothing more, nothing less
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Well, Mitch's poker ways didn't work, so why not. As long as the current regime is sending messages via birds to Paul George telling him the best plan is to come here in the summer of 18' so he doesn't compromise the strength of his supporting cast by a trade, in which Bird will ask for the sun and moon because there is no way Bird is going to let Magic come out the winner in a deal.

I hope Rob and Magic will contain themselves and control that urge to make a splash because they could set us back for years.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

Whatnot the (bleep) are you talking about? Magic is in charge. What he says matters. You're so desperate to forgive it that you're going to parse it down to which venue he says it to?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

Whatnot the (bleep) are you talking about? Magic is in charge. What he says matters. You're so desperate to forgive it that you're going to parse it down to which venue he says it to?

Eventually he'll be saying stuff like "but if Mitch or Jim had done that ya'll would be praising them! But Magic did it so ya'll hate!!"
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

uh no? its jimmy kimmel show. its a entertainment show.

Last edited by Chase.button07 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

Eventually he'll be saying stuff like "but if Mitch or Jim had done that ya'll would be praising them! But Magic did it so ya'll hate!!"

i bet atleast i won't be having any meltdown on LG when they are fired and make page long posts about it. day in and day out
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

i bet atleast i won't be having any meltdown on LG when they are fired and make page long posts about it. day in and day out

Dude, you melted down so badly you got banned, and then you stalked a mod online lime an absolute (bleep). You really want to go down this road, because we can go back to enforcingnyour ban...
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

Dude, you melted down so badly you got banned, and then you stalked a mod online lime an absolute (bleep). You really want to go down this road, because we can go back to enforcingnyour ban...

uh, no. i never melted down. i was just posting in dlo thread.

if you feel i deserve a ban, please go ahead and do it.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
*screams internally*

uh, no. i never melted down. i was just posting in dlo thread.

if you feel i deserve a ban, please go ahead and do it.

^ You heard the man
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Here's Magic Johnson's full interview

Says he'll also be getting his body fat down along with the team too

But anyway, best to watch it now before youtube copyright claims it
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

The anti-Magic contingent is strong here
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 8 of 174
Jump to: