Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread: "I built this team based on playoffs" p.27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 1958

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Wow! The narrative was soooo strong that he “didn’t like to play with youngsters”.

Goes to show that regardless of the many reports and links we like to post, they oftentimes mean next to nothing. They are definitely not to be used as facts or some type of proof.
_________________
PG - Rondo - Ball - Caruso - Bonga
SG - Pope - Mykhailiuk - Mayo - Newman
C - McGee - Kuzma - Zubac
PF - James - Stephenson - Wagner
SF - Ingram - Hart - Deng
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56952

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rob Pelinka says Lonzo Ball will be 100% ready for training camp, but his management team is evaluating options for treating his knee.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1017113084861616128
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56952

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rob Pelinka says after landing LeBron James the #Lakers looked for: “Guys that were playoff-tested” in free agency

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/1017113181204799488
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 18688
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1017111476631306240

Is he hinting that we might make more moves?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56952

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfIBdli7AW0
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8160

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

I love the emphasis on our youth. Magic and Rob touched on this yesterday on Spectrum as well. It leads me to believe that they are too high on Ingram, Kuzma and Ball to trade them away, which is exactly what I've hoped for. I want to keep that nucleus and allow them to improve, while signing the second big FA next summer. It's best of both worlds. We don't have to lose anybody and we can add another star.

Thanks for the link, 32!
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56952

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
I love the emphasis on our youth. Magic and Rob touched on this yesterday on Spectrum as well. It leads me to believe that they are too high on Ingram, Kuzma and Ball to trade them away, which is exactly what I've hoped for. I want to keep that nucleus and allow them to improve, while signing the second big FA next summer. It's best of both worlds. We don't have to lose anybody and we can add another star.

Thanks for the link, 32!


Your welcome. I get the impression that we are done.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8160

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
GTL wrote:
I love the emphasis on our youth. Magic and Rob touched on this yesterday on Spectrum as well. It leads me to believe that they are too high on Ingram, Kuzma and Ball to trade them away, which is exactly what I've hoped for. I want to keep that nucleus and allow them to improve, while signing the second big FA next summer. It's best of both worlds. We don't have to lose anybody and we can add another star.

Thanks for the link, 32!


Your welcome. I get the impression that we are done.


I would be fine if we were. I see vast improvement with Ingram, Kuzma and Ball. Especially playing alongside LeBron and Rondo. They didn't sign Rajon to replace Lonzo, they signed him to teach him fundamentals.

Similar situation with Ingram and Kuzma. I love what these guys have put together and we need to give it a chance before we ship any of these talented studs away.
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1740

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfIBdli7AW0


LOVE Paulo Coelho...The Alchemist is a must read...one of the few books I've read more than 5 times. Kobe gives it to Rob...LBJ is reading it during the playoffs...it's a really good omen.

"It's the possibility of dreams coming true that makes life so interesting."

Coelho is a modern day Shakespear...you won't be disappointed.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 2121

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

Had to correct MAGENKA to MAGINKA.


_________________
"If you build it, they will come."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2001
Posts: 2776

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

what was that he said at the end?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5298
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
32 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfIBdli7AW0


LOVE Paulo Coelho...The Alchemist is a must read...one of the few books I've read more than 5 times. Kobe gives it to Rob...LBJ is reading it during the playoffs...it's a really good omen.

"It's the possibility of dreams coming true that makes life so interesting."

Coelho is a modern day Shakespear...you won't be disappointed.


Thank You. Would audiobook be just as good?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5298
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
what was that he said at the end?


My Latin isn’t as sharp as it used to be, so please excuse. I believe it was something related to him having improper relations with an un-named Thunder player’s wife in the back of a Volkswagen Beetle. I could be wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 14891

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfIBdli7AW0
thanks.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Dec 2009
Posts: 4380

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Lakers 5th Dynasty wrote:
YSong wrote:
Funny how people change their tune on Rondo.


I think its great, now that hes a Laker to see people appreciate how he can help us.

Especially if his focus is on helping us win, both as a competitor, and a mentor.


The media paints Rondo as this bad teammate but it's not true. Sure, he'll go away from a coaches play every now and then lol.. He's just an ultra competitor. He's cerebral and intense and I love it.

I love that story about him knowing another teams plays and recognizing when they called a play that didn't exist. That's next level type stuff.

I'm telling you - in the playoffs with LeBron James -- thats going to be a helluva duo basketball iq wise
_________________
My 2018 Draft Wishlist: Chandler Hutchison. Troy Brown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 11562

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
what was that he said at the end?


My Latin isn’t as sharp as it used to be, so please excuse. I believe it was something related to him having improper relations with an un-named Thunder player’s wife in the back of a Volkswagen Beetle. I could be wrong.


Lmao that was so random
_________________
D-Mo: Get your merch, get your merch (wear it!!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1740

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
32 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfIBdli7AW0


LOVE Paulo Coelho...The Alchemist is a must read...one of the few books I've read more than 5 times. Kobe gives it to Rob...LBJ is reading it during the playoffs...it's a really good omen.

"It's the possibility of dreams coming true that makes life so interesting."

Coelho is a modern day Shakespear...you won't be disappointed.


Thank You. Would audiobook be just as good?


Audio book is narrated by Jeremy Irons and is excellent as well...you just can't lose checking this book out...it's sold 65 Million copies (and up to 150 Million by some counts) and is translated in over 80 languages...it's a master piece.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only


Last edited by CervantesRises on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 11012
Location: 8 miles from Staples Center

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
what was that he said at the end?


My Latin isn’t as sharp as it used to be, so please excuse. I believe it was something related to him having improper relations with an un-named Thunder player’s wife in the back of a Volkswagen Beetle. I could be wrong.


who is it about?
_________________
Major bullets dodged: DH12, LMA, Melo, PG-13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakERIC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 518
Location: Spokane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

The Alchemist is by far the best book I've read. Easy read and more importantly, powerful story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1607

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
epak wrote:
I really liked Jim and Mitch.
But I dont think they get this done like Magic and Rob did.
yes they would have.

remember the reasons for lbj coming.
#1 was family
#2 was business
#2a was basketball reasons

the entire league knows they aint winning squat for the next few years of gstate stays healthy unless you also pair up the perfect match of star players and role guys. that aint happening this summer, not enough guys out there. you need this summer, and next summer. and those 2 extra years for your left over kids to grow up and maybe become a star or two.

Bron was coming here no matter who was in the front office. remember that guy went back to a team with dan gilbert as the owner talking reckless and people burning his jersey. so mitch and jim would've been a cake walk. not a knock on magic and rob. its just true. they are in the right place at the right time. jim and mitch were not. its life.


Absurd.

Absurd take.


You nailed it with the first word, but I'll quote the first word and last two words for emphasis.

Jim and Mitch almost killed the Lakers franchise their last few years in charge. They ushered in the WORST stretch of on the court results in Lakers history. No prospective FA trusted those guys because Jim Buss did nothing to earn his station other than being lucky enough to be Jerry's son. Mitch gets blame as well because he essentially became Jim's yes man and offered the two worst contracts in recent memory to Mozgov and Deng. And I don't buy the argument that Mitch had to do it because Jim was his boss. If you see the train going off the rails, jump off if you have any pride in what you do as a professional.

Bwahahaha at the notion that Lebron was coming here regardless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1740

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
what was that he said at the end?


soli deo gloria or solo deo glorio

All Glory to God Alone
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Nov 2015
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
GTL wrote:
I love the emphasis on our youth. Magic and Rob touched on this yesterday on Spectrum as well. It leads me to believe that they are too high on Ingram, Kuzma and Ball to trade them away, which is exactly what I've hoped for. I want to keep that nucleus and allow them to improve, while signing the second big FA next summer. It's best of both worlds. We don't have to lose anybody and we can add another star.

Thanks for the link, 32!


Your welcome. I get the impression that we are done.

Should be done ... LBJ likes the youth, youth looks promising ..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Nov 2015
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:
what was that he said at the end?


soli deo gloria or solo deo glorio

All Glory to God Alone

Yes definitely ... Amen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 1740

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
epak wrote:
I really liked Jim and Mitch.
But I dont think they get this done like Magic and Rob did.
yes they would have.

remember the reasons for lbj coming.
#1 was family
#2 was business
#2a was basketball reasons

the entire league knows they aint winning squat for the next few years of gstate stays healthy unless you also pair up the perfect match of star players and role guys. that aint happening this summer, not enough guys out there. you need this summer, and next summer. and those 2 extra years for your left over kids to grow up and maybe become a star or two.

Bron was coming here no matter who was in the front office. remember that guy went back to a team with dan gilbert as the owner talking reckless and people burning his jersey. so mitch and jim would've been a cake walk. not a knock on magic and rob. its just true. they are in the right place at the right time. jim and mitch were not. its life.


Absurd.

Absurd take.


You nailed it with the first word, but I'll quote the first word and last two words for emphasis.

Jim and Mitch almost killed the Lakers franchise their last few years in charge. They ushered in the WORST stretch of on the court results in Lakers history. No prospective FA trusted those guys because Jim Buss did nothing to earn his station other than being lucky enough to be Jerry's son. Mitch gets blame as well because he essentially became Jim's yes man and offered the two worst contracts in recent memory to Mozgov and Deng. And I don't buy the argument that Mitch had to do it because Jim was his boss. If you see the train going off the rails, jump off if you have any pride in what you do as a professional.

Bwahahaha at the notion that Lebron was coming here regardless.


Truth. He wasn't coming to play under Jim Buss.
_________________
"This game's in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out. the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard and the jello's jigglin'."
- Chick, the One & Only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
petergr
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 1219
Location: Chennai to LA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pelinka also detailed the moves made around LeBron: “Earvin and I, we had boards, literally hundreds of boards of, ‘Here’s what would happen if this guy signed. Here’s what would happen if free agent No. 2 signs, where it was all played out in advance.’” He said they’d spent months studying film, doing analytics, doing background, and wanted to stick to the core components they’d outlined. So as soon as LeBron committed, Pelinka was calling agents for players about terms.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 24 of 28
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB