Official MAGINKA Front Office Thread (Ignored coaching staff's pleas to re-sign Brook Lopez and Randle pg. 145)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 172, 173, 174  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
Bogut picked us cause we... LA!!!

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

Yeah, let's bring in more broken unwanted players

Four teams were pursuing this unwanted player but I genuinely admire your ability to (bleep) on absolutely anything the team does
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

Four teams were pursuing this unwanted player but I genuinely admire your ability to (bleep) on absolutely anything the team does

Sorry, I won't get excited about signing a washed up center. KCP I can get excited about, he can play the game. Bogut is a solid veteran whose time has passed. Not a bad signing but nothing to get excited about. But I realize the haste to paint the current FO in a positive light, we have to keep the rhetoric going.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

Sorry, I won't get excited about signing a washed up center. KCP I can get excited about, he can play the game. Bogut is a solid veteran whose time has passed. Not a bad signing but nothing to get excited about. But I realize the haste to paint the current FO in a positive light, we have to keep the rhetoric going.

Yea guys.
Let's paint the fo in a negative light.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

Rhetoric? What rhetoric? My rhetoric? Sorry but you knowingly and blatantly lied when you said he was unwanted. Only a terrible spin can take a player choosing us over 3 other better teams as a negative. You're guilty of the thing you protest.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

Yea guys.
Let's paint the fo in a negative light.

It is a realistic light, we signed a minimum contract player. If that excites you, then go party hardy. It was a nice move that we might gain benefits from. Or maybe not, no big deal.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

Rhetoric? What rhetoric? My rhetoric? Sorry but you knowingly and blatantly lied when you said he was unwanted. Only a terrible spin can take a player choosing us over 3 other better teams as a negative. You're guilty of the thing you protest.

I never said it was negative, just that it is no big deal. By contrast that Wolves FO must be great, winning that battle for Shabazz.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

I never said it was negative, just that it is no big deal.

Were you expecting a "big deal" signing for $2.3 mil?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

Can't remember the last time a FA choose us over Cavs, Celtics, Wolves (all projected playoff teams) ... for close to the minimum to boot

How could you not be happy with this!!!

Last edited by governator on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

I am not the one trying to make a big deal out of it, that is what others are doing. I just think it is a nice signing.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Something just feels so right about the Lakers this year, 40+ wins and possibly sneaking into the playoffs feel like a legitimate possibility.

At the same time, we say this every off-season.....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

Does feel like we getting some of our swagger back this summer
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

NBA’s salary cap projections could mean more trades, good news for Lakers
The NBA is projected to increase the cap by about just $2M in 2018-19 after a massive jump in 2016

Quote:
Shams Charania ✔@ShamsCharania
Sources: NBA has informed teams of projected salary cap in next two offseasons: $101M for 2018-19, $108M for 2019-20, subject to change.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nbas-salary-cap-projections-could-mean-more-trades-good-news-for-lakers/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

No team pursued him to the point of offering a contract. Only the Lakers did.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I am surprisingly pleased with Magic and Rob. I had my doubts at first. But since Magic no longer tweets craziness and the excitement of the season is here, those doubts are gone.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I am surprisingly pleased with Magic and Rob. I had my doubts at first. But since Magic no longer tweets craziness and the excitement of the season is here, those doubts are gone.

If he can get rid of Deng without trading Randle, Ingram, Lonzo or multiple firsts, he has earned at least 5 years of no criticism from me.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
epak wrote:

If he can get rid of Deng without trading Randle, Ingram, Lonzo or multiple firsts, he has earned at least 5 years of no criticism from me.

Clean salary dump of Clarkson without surrendering a future first rounder would be more appropriate. After stretching Deng won't make more than Lonzo next season.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
al242 wrote:
epak wrote:

Clean salary dump of Clarkson without surrendering a future first rounder would be more appropriate. After stretching Deng won't make more than Lonzo next season.

The difference is, our team can use a player like Clarkson. 6th man off the bench that is a scorer and facilitator on a good salary, Deng is overpaid and serves absolutely no purpose for this team.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
al242 wrote:
epak wrote:

The difference is, our team can use a player like Clarkson. 6th man off the bench that is a scorer and facilitator on a good salary, Deng is overpaid and serves absolutely no purpose for this team.

There's no doubt at that. I'm just lowering expectations to what's probable. When it comes to clearing cap space trading Deng is the nuclear option. You can go there, but it's costly and dangerous.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
al242 wrote:
epak wrote:

I'm guessing we'll GET a late 1st rounder for Clarkson in February. Really think he will show some improvement and be useful for a playoff team. Well, just a guess.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
al242 wrote:
epak wrote:

I'm guessing we'll GET a late 1st rounder for Clarkson in February. Really think he will show some improvement and be useful for a playoff team. Well, just a guess.

We will be getting a salary in return for JC unless the other team has $12.4 in cap space. I doubt any contender will.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
al242 wrote:
epak wrote:

You realize we barely got a 1st round pick for Lou, and this was a player who's TS% was hovering around 60% at the time.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

You needed a few more days for an additional response to this post and this is what you came up with? Is this a line you expect anyone to buy? Each of those teams was armed with the minimum. He made his choice. You know this, which is the sad part. You know it and are deceitful about it anyway just so you can slag off the front office. Be better than this.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
al242 wrote:
epak wrote:

You realize we barely got a 1st round pick for Lou, and this was a player who's TS% was hovering around 60% at the time.

Plus a full season of Brewer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

You needed a few more days for an additional response to this post and this is what you came up with? Is this a line you expect anyone to buy? Each of those teams was armed with the minimum. He made his choice. You know this, which is the sad part. You know it and are deceitful about it anyway just so you can slag off the front office. Be better than this.
m

I waited until Bogut told us every other team put him on hold, the Lakers were his only offer. He didn’t turn anyone down.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Sell that (bleep) Magic!

Maybe you just missed it, but Bogut literally said that no other team offered him a contract, and he became frustrated waiting on them and accepted the only offer on the table fearing other teams would hang him out to dry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Page 26 of 174
Jump to: