2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Quick question, how are so many people able to attend weekday games? With work, and LA traffic, I'm surprised so many people make it out every day

For day games, my guess is retirees and students on vacation....and some people that called in sick from work.Its not that much though, the day games are usually sparsely attended unless its a special occasion like opening day or a playoff game. If you mean night games on weekdays, obviously they leave around 9:30pm....The parking lot is bad takes at least an 1-1.5 hours to get out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

It looks like we found a gem in Max Muncy.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Nice job by Walker Buehler. Seven Innings two hits and one run.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

And another game that bum Baez loses for us.

Get him the hell off this roster...
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
And another game that bum Baez loses for us.

Get him the hell off this roster...

Missed the game so I was just about to watch the highlight on youtube. After reading this there's no point. I can't stand baez. Yes please get him off this roster, team, and city.
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

This team is heartbroken over losing game 7 last year. No energy. Sucks to see.

Yu Darvish (along with Mike Dantoni) is on my poop list.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Its OK, we saved our youth for the future....who cares that we didn't trade for Verlander when they had the chance to finally win a World Series....the way they are playing future generations will all become too familiar with 1988 World Series highlights.
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Its OK, we saved our youth for the future....who cares that we didn't trade for Verlander when they had the chance to finally win a World Series....the way they are playing future generations will all become too familiar with 1988 World Series highlights.

lol

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

You shouldn't be upset about not trading youth.. it wouldn't have taken any of our best prospects to get Verlander. The FO just needed to take his salary and we could have had him for what we gave up for Darvish. That's the frustrating part.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

I still can't believe we passed on a guy like Verlander when there was no long term commitment needed.

It would have been like the Lakers passing on trading for Pau Gasol because we were already doing better than expected that season.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

While we probably would've won if we got Verlander, we definitely didn't lose because we didn't get him.

We had Verlander beat in game 2 before Joc failed to get Cody in from 3rd with one out in the 7th and the Kenley blew the save in the 9th. And we beat him in game 6.

So, even without JV, we had this series won.

We lost because of Kershaw, Jansen, Joc & Darvish....and i guess you could throw in Roberts and for some of his decisions as well.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

While we probably would've won if we got Verlander, we definitely didn't lose because we didn't get him.

We had Verlander beat in game 2 before Joc failed to get Cody in from 3rd with one out in the 7th and the Kenley blew the save in the 9th. And we beat him in game 6.

We lost because of Kershaw, Jansen, Joc & Darvish....and i guess you could throw in Roberts and for some of his decisions as well.

I wouldn't blame Joc. He was so clutch and a big reason we were leading in game 2 and won games 4 and 6.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I wouldn't blame Joc. He was so clutch and a big reason we were leading in game 2 and won games 4 and 6.

Yeah Joc had an excellent series. Turner, Seager, Bellinger are much more to blame.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yeah Joc had an excellent series. Turner, Seager, Bellinger are much more to blame.

Yeah...agree to an extent. But man, all he had to do was put the ball in play in game 2, Cody scores and we go up 4-1 and probably take a commanding 2-0 lead. Other than that, yeah he had a good series. But that AB in the 7th in game 2 still sticks with me enough to assign some blame to him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Baseball Reference
@baseball_ref

Walker Buehler currently has a FIP of 2.42. If he keeps it up, it would be the best FIP by a #Dodgers rookie since Kenley Jansen (min. 30 IP) (link: https://www.baseball-reference.com/tiny/Sdt0t) baseball-reference.com/tiny/Sdt0t
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yeah...agree to an extent. But man, all he had to do was put the ball in play in game 2, Cody scores and we go up 4-1 and probably take a commanding 2-0 lead. Other than that, yeah he had a good series. But that AB in the 7th in game 2 still sticks with me enough to assign some blame to him.

Very true. And probably Roberts doesn't feel the need to put Kenley in for that long so he doesn't get put in the situation at all.

As much as they say football is a game of inches, that World Series was decided by millimeters.

I hate how we shot ourselves in the foot on each of the 4 losses, but to be honest it still doesn't hurt as much as that 24 point lead in the 2008 Finals. It's sad to say but after the last 10 years of the post season I have come to be used to the Dodgers finding new ways of disappointing us.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Baseball Reference
@baseball_ref

Walker Buehler currently has a FIP of 2.42. If he keeps it up, it would be the best FIP by a #Dodgers rookie since Kenley Jansen (min. 30 IP) (link: https://www.baseball-reference.com/tiny/Sdt0t) baseball-reference.com/tiny/Sdt0t

Boy would it be nice if they started showing FIP and xFIP instead of ERA everywhere. Get rid of wins too.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Damn good job by Maeda tonight.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

With Kershaw out, Buehler and Maeda are the holding down the fort in our rotation.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

D'Backs slumping badly, and we are beating the Rockies, looks like this team won't give up this year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

The Dodgers are now 3 1/2 games out of first place.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Lucky for us the NL West is having a down year, so the Dodgers are not dead.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

I like what I'm seeing lately. Still don't look like a championship team but a lot of WS winners never do during the season.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
With Kershaw out, Buehler and Maeda are the holding down the fort in our rotation.

Don't forget about Stripling man. He's been pretty solid of late
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

My confidence in our team is coming back. Slowly but it is definitely coming back.

Kemp is just a monster with runners in scoring position.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 43 of 334
Jump to: