2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm also wondering what is gonna happen with the "short rest" in the playoffs.

We all saw in game 5 that it didn't mean squat that Kershaw was fully rested.

I think we need our rotation to be Kersh/Walker/Ryu and Hill or Stripling for the 4th spot.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

A four way tie is possible. This would be bonkers.

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/how-4-nl-contenders-could-end-season-in-a-tie/c-295843618
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
A four way tie is possible. This would be bonkers.

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/how-4-nl-contenders-could-end-season-in-a-tie/c-295843618

read a few paragraphs but its end of a work a long work day and once they got to the math of everything i just closed the window.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Man...not the best kershaw tonight unfortunately.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

There's a very real chance we miss the playoffs - We're finishing the season against two teams that hate our guts, while the Rockies are playing two teams that are actually tanking.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
There's a very real chance we miss the playoffs - We're finishing the season against two teams that hate our guts, while the Rockies are playing two teams that are actually tanking.

Cardinals have 3 games left each against the Brewers & Cubs. Wild card game is a possibility for the Dodgers if they don't win the division.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Cardinals have 3 games left each against the Brewers & Cubs. Wild card game is a possibility for the Dodgers if they don't win the division.

There is a crazy possibility of the Rockies, Dodgers and Cardinals ending up in a 3 way tie to end the season. Dodgers and Cardinals would play a 1 game tie breaker to decide the division winner. The loser would play a 1 game tie breaker with the Cardinals to decide the wild card winner. Then the winner of that game would be in the wild card one game tie breaker to see who makes the final 8.

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Dbags bullpen. 2 insurance runs via wild pitches.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Joc tossed. joe west lmao. after he was thrown out, joc thought it prudent to speak on behalf of baseball fans everywhere and told him to retire. pretty great
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Thank God for the insurance runs
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Joc tossed. joe west lmao. after he was thrown out, joc thought it prudent to speak on behalf of baseball fans everywhere and told him to retire. pretty great

I thought it was a Joe West ump show when I saw it live, but on the replay, Joc deserved to get run. He clearly swore right at him pretty boisterously, instead of just being upset with himself on the swing, and any time you do that, you're going to get the heave ho.

Good win tonight. We may need to win out. I don't know if we're going to get any help from the Phillies or Nationals. And it looks like the Rockies will avoid facing Scherzer. They should get Strasburg but not Mad Max.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I thought it was a Joe West ump show when I saw it live, but on the replay, Joc deserved to get run. He clearly swore right at him pretty boisterously, instead of just being upset with himself on the swing, and any time you do that, you're going to get the heave ho.

Good win tonight. We may need to win out. I don't know if we're going to get any help from the Phillies or Nationals. And it looks like the Rockies will avoid facing Scherzer. They should get Strasburg but not Mad Max.

Rockies are not even in the wild card as of now. This race is nuts. We need to win out bad.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Rockies are not even in the wild card as of now. This race is nuts. We need to win out bad.

Yeah, I think Joc was upset at the strike 1 call. Because strike 2 was right down the middle and then obviously he swung and missed at the pitch at his feet. Bottom line, I was ok with him getting run there. Joe West wasn't bad last night.

And I'm still not convinced the Rox win out. They've won 4 in a row, already. Can't really see them ending the season winning 10 in a row. And if they do, tip your cap as they'll have earned it. But I don't know, maybe it's just me, but feel they're due for a loss. Glad the WC will be an option for us tho.

Just gotta keep winning.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Yeah, I think Joc was upset at the strike 1 call. Because strike 2 was right down the middle and then obviously he swung and missed at the pitch at his feet. Bottom line, I was ok with him getting run there. Joe West wasn't bad last night.

And I'm still not convinced the Rox win out. They've won 4 in a row, already. Can't really see them ending the season winning 10 in a row. And if they do, tip your cap as they'll have earned it. But I don't know, maybe it's just me, but feel they're due for a loss. Glad the WC will be an option for us tho.

Just gotta keep winning.

It looks like the Rockies only face 2 more decent starters the rest of the way: Arrieta for the Phillies on Wednesday, and Strasburg will pitch one of the games in the series with the Nationals. That's about it. They avoid Scherzer, they avoid Nola for the Phillies, and no one else really looks daunting. I could easily see them go 5-1 from here.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Leadoff double by Machado in the 7th where they don't move him up a base was a ball buster.

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Maeda is not a closer and the Dodgers are fading hard
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Rockies are seemingly unable to lose any more. Still wouldn't surprise me to see this team miss the playoffs. So unclutch against bad teams.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

With Kershaw & Buehler scheduled to pitch this weekend, wonder who pitches the increasingly likely wild card game in Milwaukee or Chicago next week? Ryu? Hill?
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Roberts needs to go.

How do you not have Joc bunt Taylor over to 3rd?!? Just asinine man!

JT's grounder could've been an RBI with a drawn in infield. Any other manager, and this division would be wrapped up long ago. We win in spite of him, not because of him.

Oh, and this is all after the 8th when Machado led off with a double. Didn't bunt him over either. And, of course, we didn't score. Just stupid!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Roberts needs to go.

JT's grounder could've been an RBI with a drawn in infield. Any other manager, and this division would be wrapped up long ago. We win in spite of him, not because of him.

Oh, and this is all after the 8th when Machado led off with a double. Didn't bunt him over either. And, of course, we didn't score. Just stupid!

We just don't play smart baseball. Joc has to get that guy over. Take a 50% swing and just put the damn thing in play. It's so frustrating. You don't need a two-run homer or an extra base hit right there. The Dodgers are so abysmal at situational baseball.

While I think the Rockies are actually favored over us to win the division (the Fangraphs percentages are a joke because they are taking run differential heavily into account), we are catching a break in that the Cardinals are running into the Brewers and Cubs to finish the season, and those 2 teams are in a dogfight to win the NL Central, and will therefore be playing all out. If the Wild Card spot is secured by Sunday, I'm guessing that they will save Buehler for a potential Wild Card start, even if the division title might be at stake. We'll see.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Roberts needs to go.

We just don't play smart baseball. Joc has to get that guy over. Take a 50% swing and just put the damn thing in play. It's so frustrating. You don't need a two-run homer or an extra base hit right there. The Dodgers are so abysmal at situational baseball.

While I think the Rockies are actually favored over us to win the division (the Fangraphs percentages are a joke because they are taking run differential heavily into account), we are catching a break in that the Cardinals are running into the Brewers and Cubs to finish the season, and those 2 teams are in a dogfight to win the NL Central, and will therefore be playing all out. If the Wild Card spot is secured by Sunday, I'm guessing that they will save Buehler for a potential Wild Card start, even if the division title might be at stake. We'll see.

It's mindboggling, really. I wasn't watching as I was out, but was gamecasting on my way home. We pulled into the garage just as CT3 hit the game tying double. Immediately in my mind, I'm thinking this is perfect! Bunt his ass over to 3rd and you have JT, who is probably the guy you'd want at the plate to make good contact with only one out. So of course, from the time it takes for me to get in the house and situated, I glance back at the score and CT is still on 2nd with two out now. Just absolutely dumb baseball.

And same crap in the 8th after Machado's lead-off double. All on Roberts.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Of course the D'backs laid down against the Rockies. We lost a game in that series and only remain one up in the loss column. Now I'm sure Arizona will perk up to try to knock us off. And then you know the Giants will be ready. I'm a little bit worried, honestly.

I'm with you, man.

Hopefully the Phillies and the Nats can help us out a little as well.

We got Kershaw and Buehler for 2 of these 3 in AZ. Hope they bring their A games. Of course, it's the bats that usually worry me.

Would love to be at least 2 up in the loss column by the time we head into SF.

I'm wonderin' about the rotation. Kersh and Buehler will go games one and two, fine, but Stripling is slated for game three, and Hill game one in SF. This is where my wonderin' starts. Both should not be in the post season rotation; neither in the first series. Next we then have SF and the schedule says that the rotation for it will be Hill, Ryu, and Kersh. I don't like it--one bit.

Whatever they do, in SF, Kersh should pitch game two and Buehler game three, if only for a few innings or so, which pretty much means Ryu would pitch game one and not Hill, or at least maybe Hill and Ryu. With the day off, Ryu, Kersh and Buehler will have four days rest.

Whew!

Quote:
PHOENIX -- The Dodgers will start pitchers Hyun-Jin Ryu, Clayton Kershaw and Walker Buehler in the three-game series in San Francisco that ends the regular season, skipping Rich Hill.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

How would you guys feel about getting Mike Scioscia? I think he could be the guy to lead us to a title. We need some small ball/scrappiness.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Of course the D'backs laid down against the Rockies. We lost a game in that series and only remain one up in the loss column. Now I'm sure Arizona will perk up to try to knock us off. And then you know the Giants will be ready. I'm a little bit worried, honestly.

I'm with you, man.

Hopefully the Phillies and the Nats can help us out a little as well.

We got Kershaw and Buehler for 2 of these 3 in AZ. Hope they bring their A games. Of course, it's the bats that usually worry me.

Would love to be at least 2 up in the loss column by the time we head into SF.

I'm wonderin' about the rotation. Kersh and Buehler will go games one and two, fine, but Stripling is slated for game three, and Hill game one in SF. This is where my wonderin' starts. Both should not be in the post season rotation; neither in the first series. Next we then have SF and the schedule says that the rotation for it will be Hill, Ryu, and Kersh. I don't like it--one bit.

Whatever they do, in SF, Kersh should pitch game two and Buehler game three, if only for a few innings or so, which pretty much means Ryu would pitch game one and not Hill, or at least maybe Hill and Ryu. With the day off, Ryu, Kersh and Buehler will have four days rest.

Whew!

Quote:
PHOENIX -- The Dodgers will start pitchers Hyun-Jin Ryu, Clayton Kershaw and Walker Buehler in the three-game series in San Francisco that ends the regular season, skipping Rich Hill.

Glad our big guns are going the last 3. But, per usual, it's our bats that worry me. And the lack of common sense from our manager.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

Tonight would be Bumgarner's night to pitch, normally. But he will skip the start to start on game one on Friday. The season is over for SF but the next best thing is not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 94 of 334
Jump to: