---- Los Angeles Lakers -at- Portland Trailblazers - 11/2/2017 7:30PM PT ----
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
Question: are picks in someone's back legal? Blazers got a key layup from that play.

Our small ball lineup got hurt on the inside and I felt Luke didn't do a good job of handling that.

They are legal when the guy setting the pick is stationary. Shocked they didn't call that one though, right when it happened I knew that was the difference between a win and a loss.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:
Anyone upset with Lonzo balls performance? I'm sorta losing faith in him scoring.

Compare UCLA Lonzo to Laker Lonzo. He actually has plays run for him off the ball, and since he was the star player he actually gets the ball back. Ingram, Clarkson, and KCP are all selfish chuckers.

That is why a lot of people

again

When they wanted Lonzo they were imagining a back court of him and Russell. Because Russell allowed Lonzo to do all those things off ball.

By replacing him with KCP they've effectively taken about half of what made Lonzo so effective in both High School and especially at UCLA.

Trying to turn their non traditional guards, into traditional point guards seems to be a problem with our staff...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

Wilt wrote:
We competed, we played well. Lost due to a lucky shot. Life goes on.
It was a tough shot but it wasn't luck. Dame does that type of stuff for a living.
bigballer8
Star Player
Star Player

With Larry Nance Jr's injury who do you think Luke will put in the starting lineup? I am guessing Julius Randle but I am hoping for Kyle Kuzma if he has the balls.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

If we want to make progress we need to win tomorrow

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Randle is going to have to be relegated to only our fast break...Seems like that's the only thing he's good at. Whenever he gets the ball in the post, he takes a dumb shot or commits some kind of turnover. We were up 5, and we kind of stopped the run when we went to him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

VujacicForThree wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:
Anyone upset with Lonzo balls performance? I'm sorta losing faith in him scoring.

Compare UCLA Lonzo to Laker Lonzo. He actually has plays run for him off the ball, and since he was the star player he actually gets the ball back. Ingram, Clarkson, and KCP are all selfish chuckers.

seriously over these garbage claims....JC - 6 of 9, BI - 5 of 11, and KCP - 5 of 10. On what freakin planet do you call those numbers "selfish chuckers".....they combined to shoot over 50% on the night! The point of the game is to put the ball in the basket...
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

Don Draper wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

His overall game was OK but I'm upset that he's not seeing himself as a scoring option.

Lonzo wasn't drafted to shine in the Summer League... he was drafted to solidify the PG position... and... some would argue drafting Lonzo was another reason Magic shipped out DLO.

My biggest fear was that Ball's inability to drive and score, average athleticism and porous defense would really be highlighted at the next level... and so far... it has been in too many of our early games.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

Great showing by Lopez tonight. And KCP looked good. They're earning their big one year paychecks.
bballchinaski
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

we played well besides that 1st quarter. Lonzo gotta look to shoot the ball at times though, if he aint gona shoot his game gets easy to read
bigballer8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Wilt wrote:
We competed, we played well. Lost due to a lucky shot. Life goes on.
It was a tough shot but it wasn't luck. Dame does that type of stuff for a living.

Dame shoots those shots in practice it wasn't luck... great shot
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Still can't win in Portland

But couldn't have asked for a better effort. I'm hoping we play like this on most nights.

Hard to win with refs literally giving Portland every chance to win the game.

It still took a Lillard assassin play to win the game.

Same story. Home cooking by the refs, and ridiculous circus shots for the win. Shots that don't fall the night before or the night after.

Biggest difference: Blazers didn't get that big push late Q3 off their good fortune to blow the game open. Lakers didn't quit this time. Lakers went down swinging and the game wasn't decided until the final buzzer. Much MUCH better than most Laker outings in Portland.

I hope Nance's hand heals quickly.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

Fracture wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

he had players there who were able to set him up.

when was the last time anyone set him up for an easy shot?

The only one I remember was that Brook Lopez assist to him when he cut during the Jazz game (or was that the Raptors game?). He rarely gets the rock in scoring opportunities.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

Damn, we must be clawing our way back to relevance if LG posters are blaming refs for a loss. Been a while since I saw that.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I’m sorry for the cliche, but Ball finds ways to contribute when he’s not scoring. He’s a winning basketball player, dare I say, the type of guy ANY player in the NBA would want to play with (wink, wink).

Anyone expecting Ball to score nightly will always be disappointed. He needs to be a threat, and he will, but in the meantime he’ll always help you win in some form or fashion other than just scoring.

Right now, he’s a role player. In the future, he’ll probably be a hall of fame role player.

Like I’ve said before, I don’t see him ever averaging 17 a game, and I’m perfectly cool with it.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:
Username wrote:
Clarkson should have been in there at the end. We needed a closer, or at least a guy to break down the defense and get someone else an open shot.

Agreed. The way Lonzo was playing, JC should have finished.

You do realize it’s very difficult to play NBA point guard for 17 straight minutes right?

It's the start of the season for a young guy. He can manage. Lonzo did nothing to contribute in the closing minutes.

JC could have attacked Lillard on offense and maybe Lillard could have missed that 3 cuz he's tired.
bigballer8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
Fracture wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

The only one I remember was that Brook Lopez assist to him when he cut during the Jazz game (or was that the Raptors game?). He rarely gets the rock in scoring opportunities.

Don't think theres much synergy in the starting lineup with Lonzo ball. Larry Nance isn't a shooter. He needs lots of shooters around him. Sometimes i feel Lonzo would be better off the bench with the run and gun bench
bigballer8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I’m sorry for the cliche, but Ball finds ways to contribute when he’s not scoring. He’s a winning basketball player, dare I say, the type of guy ANY player in the NBA would want to play with (wink, wink).

Anyone expecting Ball to score nightly will always be disappointed. He needs to be a threat, and he will, but in the meantime he’ll always help you win in some form or fashion other than just scoring.

Right now, he’s a role player. In the future, he’ll probably be a hall of fame role player.

Like I’ve said before, I don’t see him ever averaging 17 a game, and I’m perfectly cool with it.

Hall of fame is kinda farfetched....
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

man i just wanna cry.... but i guess thats progress from wanting to loose these past couple years
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

That is why a lot of people

again

When they wanted Lonzo they were imagining a back court of him and Russell. Because Russell allowed Lonzo to do all those things off ball.

By replacing him with KCP they've effectively taken about half of what made Lonzo so effective in both High School and especially at UCLA.

Trying to turn their non traditional guards, into traditional point guards seems to be a problem with our staff...

He has to figure it out and be more aggressive by attacking the rim. He was out of sync for most of the game and Portland's defense didn't have much to do with it.
He just had a bad game, he's a rookie, it happens. He will bounce back.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

bigballer8 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Hall of fame is kinda farfetched....

Nope, it's guaranteed. See you here in 20 years
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

Fracture wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
bigballer8 wrote:

That's my point.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

Ball contributes when we're not scoring.

But if the defense knows they can play off him. Or that they can essentially play 3 on 5 when he's on the court. That's a problem.

Problem is, Lonzo did some of his best damage off ball with another playmaker in the starting lineup with him. Lakers are only utilizing half of what he's really good at and trying to force him to be a scorer or 'traditional' point guard at the same time.

It doesn't work cause that's not his game.

If the FO understood that they wouldn't have traded Russell for Lopez, as that wouldn't have fit with Lonzo best in the back court to maximize HIM.

But they obviously didn't. And the way they try to utilize him in the 'offense' it's obvious they don't.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

Lonzo stat line.

28 Min
0 Points
2 FGA
2 Reb
3 Assist

3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Btw, great game from Brook.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 82 of 85
Jump to: