Ex-Laker Lamar Odom Collapses at Bootsy Bellows (LA Nightclub)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

lakertang wrote:
I hate to say this, but I don't see him getting past 40. Millions of dollars, people who like him, yet can't find a way to be happy without drugs. F those Kardashians. Ruined a man.

Odom did this himself, he's a big boy and can take the responsibility like one.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
What an idiot. What does it take for some people to wake up and just stop drinking and doing drugs? I mean it's his life so do whatever I guess.
Addiction isn't that simple. Carry on though.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

lakertang wrote:
I hate to say this, but I don't see him getting past 40. Millions of dollars, people who like him, yet can't find a way to be happy without drugs. F those Kardashians. Ruined a man.

Blaming the Kardashians for his current problems is myopic at best and really fails to understand the root cause of addiction. Lamar has a lot of baggage in his life: his mother's death from cancer at 12, losing two of his best friends in the same year, his father's battle with heroin addiction, and the death of his infant son. Nature + nurture created a perfect concoction for substance abuse.

Just three months ago, Lamar opened up about the roots of his addiction problem in an article titled, "Done in the dark." He's going to relapse and struggle with this for the rest of his life. Maybe someone like Spencer Haywood, a former Laker who battled his own crack addiction, can reach out and be a positive influence for him.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
What an idiot. What does it take for some people to wake up and just stop drinking and doing drugs? I mean it's his life so do whatever I guess.

Disagree, but to each their own.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

This guy can't seem to get out of his own way. Sad.
I have little sympathy for self-inflicted wounds like this.

Fool me twice...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Thank God for Uber/Lyft!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Most medical associations consider addiction a disease. It alters your brain functions, it's not a choice.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Most medical associations consider addiction a disease. It alters your brain functions, it's not a choice.

Don't bother, he clearly doesn't get it.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/11/06/lamar-odoms-rep-hes-doing-great/

Quote:
Lamar Odom’s rep: He’s doing ‘great’

Former NBA player Lamar Odom – who has battled drug addiction for years – collapsed at a night club over the weekend.

TMZ:

Lamar’s rep says he collapsed due to dehydration after an intense workout earlier in the day without the necessary fluids in his system. They also said it was very hot in the club, while adding … he’s “doing great.”

Hopefully, Odom stays ‘doing great.’
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

As much as I feel sorry for Odom, part of me thinks he's the biggest dumbass ever!! Dude almost dies two years ago and still boozes it up in nightclubs. Idiot!!!

He's going to die one of these days. He's on that path.

Dehydration, my foot. Good cover up.

Get well, Odom. You aren't going to live to 40 on the path you are on.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

I'm not going to take the fault away from the user. They choose to not only begin to do it, but to do it to the point of no return. Everybody knows what these drugs do, yet people still do it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

No it isn’t. And if he doesn’t want to do it, it won’t happen.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
lakertang wrote:

Blaming the Kardashians for his current problems is myopic at best and really fails to understand the root cause of addiction. Lamar has a lot of baggage in his life: his mother's death from cancer at 12, losing two of his best friends in the same year, his father's battle with heroin addiction, and the death of his infant son. Nature + nurture created a perfect concoction for substance abuse.

Just three months ago, Lamar opened up about the roots of his addiction problem in an article titled, "Done in the dark." He's going to relapse and struggle with this for the rest of his life. Maybe someone like Spencer Haywood, a former Laker who battled his own crack addiction, can reach out and be a positive influence for him.

So much this. Hearing blame the Kardashians for Lamar's struggles grinds my gears to no end. Not because I have love for the Kardashians but because it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the issues addiciton brings on, and reduces LO's life and battle with depression to one relationship.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

The thing with addiction is, it doesn't matter what your personal take on it is as a person who doesn't deal with it.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
lakertang wrote:

So much this. Hearing blame the Kardashians for Lamar's struggles grinds my gears to no end. Not because I have love for the Kardashians but because it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the issues addiciton brings on, and reduces LO's life and battle with depression to one relationship.

Latching onto that family of vultures doesn't help in the long run though.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

The thing with addiction is, it doesn't matter what your personal take on it is as a person who doesn't deal with it.

My opinion as a non user matters as much as the next guys, be it a user or not.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
KBH wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
lakertang wrote:

Latching onto that family of vultures doesn't help in the long run though.

I don't see the problem with that family, and Khole definitely seemed like the rock in the relationship.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/11/06/lamar-odoms-rep-hes-doing-great/

Quote:
Lamar Odom’s rep: He’s doing ‘great’

Former NBA player Lamar Odom – who has battled drug addiction for years – collapsed at a night club over the weekend.

TMZ:

Lamar’s rep says he collapsed due to dehydration after an intense workout earlier in the day without the necessary fluids in his system. They also said it was very hot in the club, while adding … he’s “doing great.”

Hopefully, Odom stays ‘doing great.’

One would hope that is the case. Time will always tell the truth however.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
KBH wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

You were once arguing that Worthy was a coattail rider of Jordan's at UNC and it made me wanna do black tar heroin. I knew Tylenol wasn't gonna touch that migraine.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
Hoping it's just that he's been clean for the longest period of time in a long time... went out for his bday... had some drinks without realizing he's now a cheap drunk and passed out.

There is no way it happend like that. He never gave up the life style and went extra hard on the drugs and alcohol this time.

I no longer have any sympathy for him hes a millionaire he can literally stay at a resort or pay someone to monitor him at all times to make sure he doesnt abuse but he doesnt want help
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
I no longer have any sympathy for him

if he didn't have time to make major life changes after the events in Nevada....I no longer have time to have sympathy for him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

As much as I might feel sympathy for anyone struggling with addiction it is getting difficult to feel too much sympathy for Odom at this point. He has continued to make not just "bad" choices but literally life threatening. Multiple reports of being at strip clubs at 2am? Drinking for several hours before collapsing? Who are his "friends"?

The agent release that it was dehydration and he is "doing great" are just examples of how Odom is not getting or accepting the help he needs. And more importantly how the people around him are not helping him. Their lame excuses for the media are enabling his life choices at this point.

Really sad to see how Odom has become TMZ fodder and a PSA for the delusion of an addict and those that refuse to get meaningful help.

Wish the man well but it is more likely this story ends tragically. At this point I have more sympathy for his kids. Hope they can break the cycle of family tragedy because Lamar sure does not seem capable of doing so.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
KBH wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

You were once arguing that Worthy was a coattail rider of Jordan's at UNC and it made me wanna do black tar heroin. I knew Tylenol wasn't gonna touch that migraine.

Jordan was certainly the superior college player, although him and Worthy only played together Jordan's freshmen season.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
lakertang wrote:

Odom did this himself, he's a big boy and can take the responsibility like one.
sure he did this himself. but if you look at that dudes life. he didnt ask for all that heartache and pain. its more than most people could deal with without jumping off a bridge some where. then to boot you have at least one parent that we know for sure was a drug addict aka an addictive personality at the DNA level. therefor it isn't far-fetched that its a like father, like son situation. its one thing to run from some bad things you choose to do. what about those bad things that are within the fabric of your very being? your parent(s) gave you this demon.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

It always kind of irks me when people get up on their high horse about addiction and treat it as "not wanting it bad enough"

All it does is tell me they haven't a flipping idea what addiction really is nor the people that deal with it or what they go through. It's painfully obvious when people try to treat it as so black and white.

If it was as simple as "wanting it bad enough" it wouldn't be such a problem now would it?

Seriously, some people.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: